FBI Clinton notes leaks megathread - Powell denies gave Clinton server idea
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:32:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Clinton notes leaks megathread - Powell denies gave Clinton server idea
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FBI Clinton notes leaks megathread - Powell denies gave Clinton server idea  (Read 1445 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2016, 02:46:05 AM »

Leak #1:  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/19/us/politics/hillary-clinton-told-fbi-colin-powell-advised-her-to-use-private-email.html?_r=1&referer=

Not particularly embarrassing for Clinton since she's said this in public as well.  Not sure why this was the first leak chosen.

At any rate, in the least surprising development ever, Congress is already leaking classified information about Hillary's alleged mishandling of classified information to attempt to make her look reckless after they pinky-promised James Comey they wouldn't do exactly this.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 03:21:53 AM »

Something tells me this will backfire spectacularly on congressional Republicans.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 05:22:15 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/19/us/politics/hillary-clinton-told-fbi-colin-powell-advised-her-to-use-private-email.html?_r=0

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And now it's a huge Clinton scandal. Sad!
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 05:26:03 PM »

Gee. I wonder why.. Because it perhaps NEVER HAPPENED... Busted NYT.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Source: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/colin-powell-clinton-email-book-227200
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:33:54 PM »

regardless, she probably shouldn't have based her style of e-mailing as Secretary of State on Powell's style because technology has changed so much between 2000 and 2008. It's not an excuse.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 05:34:28 PM »

Someone is lyin' in here! Guess who!
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »

regardless, she probably shouldn't have based her style of e-mailing as Secretary of State on Powell's style because technology has changed so much between 2000 and 2008. It's not an excuse.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 05:35:59 PM »

I remember every single thing I've said after two glasses of merlot at dinner parties eight plus years ago.  Don't you?

Two old people talking computer stuff at a dinner party.  I tell my mom stuff about email and 48 hrs later it is like we never had the conversation.

Am I the only one with significant contact with retirees?  I wouldn't expect anyone pushing 70 to be competent with computers unless it was their job/specialty.

If someone pushing 70 touches a computer and it isn't a clusterf-ck I'm astonished.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 05:44:26 PM »

I remember every single thing I've said after two glasses of merlot at dinner parties eight plus years ago.  Don't you?

Two old people talking computer stuff at a dinner party.  I tell my mom stuff about email and 48 hrs later it is like we never had the conversation.

Am I the only one with significant contact with retirees?  I wouldn't expect anyone pushing 70 to be competent with computers unless it was their job/specialty.

If someone pushing 70 touches a computer and it isn't a clusterf-ck I'm astonished.
Yeah, right! It was just some "stuff"...
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 05:44:40 PM »

The irony of people using deliberately leaked classified information to attack someone for looseness with classified information...
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 05:52:09 PM »

Yeah, right! It was just some "stuff"...

To Olds?  It's less than stuff.  TCP/IP, HTML, WAN, LAN, NIC, NAT, VPN, WPA, WPA2 etc.  Common knowledge and vital to me.  Less than "stuff" to my mom.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 05:53:17 PM »

The irony of people using deliberately leaked classified information to attack someone for looseness with classified information...
Every time we get some information we shouldn't be getting (DNC emails, now this), there are a lot of red hacks who doesn't comment the content. At all.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 05:55:02 PM »

Who says this leak came from Republicans in Congress?  The "Powell did it too and told me to do it" defense sounds like something that would come from Team Clinton, not Republicans.

By the way, the article says Clinton was using her private e-mail server before Powell even allegedly told her to do it.

Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2016, 05:56:01 PM »

Who says this leak came from Republicans in Congress?  The "Powell did it too" defense sounds like something that would come from Team Clinton, not Republicans.

Republicans on this forum are using it.  Right?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 05:57:51 PM »

Who says this leak came from Republicans in Congress?  The "Powell did it too" defense sounds like something that would come from Team Clinton, not Republicans.

The persons who originally posted this aren't blue avatars, right?  They're Democrats or Democrat-leaning green avatars (which is pretty much every green avatar here).
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 05:59:54 PM »

Who says this leak came from Republicans in Congress?  The "Powell did it too and told me to do it" defense sounds like something that would come from Team Clinton, not Republicans.

By the way, the article says Clinton was using her private e-mail server before Powell even allegedly told her to do it.

Congress requested the FBI for Clinton's interview notes.  Then, right after the FBI sends the notes, we get sources leaking the material.  It ain't the Democrats releasing this.  Do the math.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 06:00:48 PM »

The persons who originally posted this aren't blue avatars, right?

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 06:01:58 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2016, 06:05:08 PM by cinyc »

Congress requested the FBI for Clinton's interview notes.  Then, right after the FBI sends the notes, we get sources leaking the material.  It ain't the Democrats releasing this.  Do the math.

Last I checked, there were Democrats in Congress, too, who are perfectly capable of leaking things.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 06:04:38 PM »

The persons who originally posted this aren't blue avatars, right?

1) There are very few Republicans on this forum, let alone Trump-supporting Republicans. 
2) What exactly are "Republicans on this forum" using, other than refuting Clinton's "Powell told me to do it" "defense"?
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 06:06:24 PM »

Congress requested the FBI for Clinton's interview notes.  Then, right after the FBI sends the notes, we get sources leaking the material.  It ain't the Democrats releasing this.  Do the math.

Last I checked, there were Democrats in Congress, too, who are perfectly capable of leaking things, too.
What motive would the Democrats have for leaking this?  Do you think this leak is a good news story for Clinton?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 06:10:13 PM »

Last I checked, there were Democrats in Congress, too, who are perfectly capable of leaking things, too.
What motive would the Democrats have for leaking this?  Do you think this leak is a good news story for Clinton?

Yes.  It highlights her "every Secretary of State has done it" and "Powell told me to do it" defense.  It's getting ahead of the other leaks that will inevitably come.

What do Republicans have to gain in leaking Clinton's defense?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 06:10:40 PM »

Bernie bro, who hopes that Clinton step down as nominee, when everyone finally gets she is such a lier.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 06:18:09 PM »

This is all setting a very dangerous precedent.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »

Yes.  It highlights her "every Secretary of State has done it" and "Powell told me to do it" defense.  It's getting ahead of the other leaks that will inevitably come.

What do Republicans have to gain in leaking Clinton's defense?
All you have to do is look at the source to figure out who leaked this. The New York Times is not the paper Republicans go to to get a story out. Its politics section is practically a plagiarized version of the DNC talking points of the day.

I'm not quite sure how "classified" a discussion at a dinner table between the current and former Secretaries of State is, to be quite honest.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 07:18:46 PM »

This is very silly of the Congressional Republicans.

At the same time, the "she's old and can't be expected to know the details of emails!" is perhaps the worst excuse ever conceived.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies