FBI Clinton notes leaks megathread - Powell denies gave Clinton server idea (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:34:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Clinton notes leaks megathread - Powell denies gave Clinton server idea (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FBI Clinton notes leaks megathread - Powell denies gave Clinton server idea  (Read 1487 times)
Seriously?
United States

« on: August 19, 2016, 05:26:03 PM »

Gee. I wonder why.. Because it perhaps NEVER HAPPENED... Busted NYT.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Source: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/colin-powell-clinton-email-book-227200
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »

Congress requested the FBI for Clinton's interview notes.  Then, right after the FBI sends the notes, we get sources leaking the material.  It ain't the Democrats releasing this.  Do the math.

Last I checked, there were Democrats in Congress, too, who are perfectly capable of leaking things, too.
What motive would the Democrats have for leaking this?  Do you think this leak is a good news story for Clinton?

Yes.  It highlights her "every Secretary of State has done it" and "Powell told me to do it" defense.  It's getting ahead of the other leaks that will inevitably come.

What do Republicans have to gain in leaking Clinton's defense?
All you have to do is look at the source to figure out who leaked this. The New York Times is not the paper Republicans go to to get a story out. Its politics section is practically a plagiarized version of the DNC talking points of the day.

I'm not quite sure how "classified" a discussion at a dinner table between the current and former Secretaries of State is, to be quite honest.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies