Will Evan McMullin beat Darrell Castle?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:38:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Evan McMullin beat Darrell Castle?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Evan McMullin beat Darryl Castle?
McMullin will get more votes
Castle will get more votes
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Will Evan McMullin beat Darrell Castle?  (Read 812 times)
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »
« edited: August 19, 2016, 04:42:58 PM by PaperKooper »

Will Evan McMullin get more votes than Darrell Castle?
yankeesfan
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 04:41:30 PM »

I don't know.  Who has the larger family?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 04:47:51 PM »

I don't know.  Who has the larger family?

Well, McMullin is Mormon...

I suppose if one has a decisive advantage in states where they have ballot access, that person will get more votes. Hard to say who.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 05:06:27 PM »

Will McMullin have ballot access in Utah or Idaho?
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:22:09 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2016, 05:26:55 PM by Eggn McMuffin »

Will McMullin have ballot access in Utah or Idaho?

Utah for sure. Not sure about Idaho.

Edit: He has until August 25th to collect and file 1,000 signatures. I'd say that he'll be on the ballot.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 05:35:07 PM »

I think McMullin will be ahead of Castle. The Constitution Party is fracturing from what I've heard. Idaho is the latest affiliate of the party to go rogue.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 06:25:42 PM »

I was thinking that it is interesting that Castle and the Constitution Party haven't gotten more press this year, considering the number of conservatives that are looking for an alternative.  If Egg McMuffin's ballot access can get roughly on par with Castle's, then I'd say McMuffin gets more votes due to greater visibility.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 06:44:19 PM »

Castle should run with Austin Petersen.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 06:55:14 PM »

I was thinking that it is interesting that Castle and the Constitution Party haven't gotten more press this year, considering the number of conservatives that are looking for an alternative.  If Egg McMuffin's ballot access can get roughly on par with Castle's, then I'd say McMuffin gets more votes due to greater visibility.
The Constitution Party is basically Trumpism but more Jesus-y. Their anti-trade, anti-war method will not get them any traction from the EriK Eriksons of the world and other movement conservatives.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 07:20:10 PM »

The Constitution Party is basically Trumpism but more Jesus-y. Their anti-trade, anti-war method will not get them any traction from the EriK Eriksons of the world and other movement conservatives.

Interestingly, the American Independent Party, which used to be affiliated with the Constitution Party, named Donald Trump as their nominee in California.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 07:31:45 PM »

Interestingly, the American Independent Party, which used to be affiliated with the Constitution Party, named Donald Trump as their nominee in California.
Which guarantees Trump an extra 50,000 votes in California that some other right-wing third party would otherwise get.

The funny thing is that the Constitution Party could really bump up their national presence if they can manage to get their nominee on the ballot as the AIP nominee. Usually the AIP nominates the candidate of another party like America's Party (the rump of Alan Keyes 2008 campaign), the Prohibition Party (their guy got 10% in the AIP primary, the Christian Liberty Party, etc).
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 09:13:13 PM »

Which guarantees Trump an extra 50,000 votes in California that some other right-wing third party would otherwise get.

The funny thing is that the Constitution Party could really bump up their national presence if they can manage to get their nominee on the ballot as the AIP nominee. Usually the AIP nominates the candidate of another party like America's Party (the rump of Alan Keyes 2008 campaign), the Prohibition Party (their guy got 10% in the AIP primary, the Christian Liberty Party, etc).

Before Trump was confirmed as the nominee, the AIP was threatening to put his name on the ballot of he lost the Republican Primary. I would've loved to have seen that map.
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 10:40:59 AM »

Castle should run with Austin Petersen.

Castle already has a running mate, Scott Bradley, and Petersen has endorsed Gary Johnson over Castle.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »

Before Trump was confirmed as the nominee, the AIP was threatening to put his name on the ballot of he lost the Republican Primary. I would've loved to have seen that map.
The AIP only exists within California. Trump could place second in California with like 22% of the vote, but the map wouldn't change.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 04:19:47 PM »

The AIP only exists within California. Trump could place second in California with like 22% of the vote, but the map wouldn't change.

I meant the county map.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies