Sanders Returning to Campaign Trail for Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:37:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders Returning to Campaign Trail for Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sanders Returning to Campaign Trail for Clinton  (Read 1136 times)
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 06:37:26 PM »

Pardon me, but this seems like a big waste of time. These are states that are already locked down... Send him to Missouri and Indiana.

There's a little something you might be forgetting.
It's called down ballot races.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 06:49:05 PM »

I am pumped at the idea of Clinton as President with Sanders chairing the Budget Committee and Sherrod Brown chairing the Banking Committee.
Wake up

What makes you think that won't happen?
I read that wrong  Embarrassed
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 06:55:35 PM »

Traitor to his own movement, at least Ron Paul had the decency to tell people to vote their conscious.

Did you support Sanders in the primaries, otherwise not understanding how you could call him a traitor to the movement?

I did not, but I can see when Robb Stark was betrayed at the red wedding, and not been betrayed myself.

Enduro: I was not trying to snarky or sarcastic in my response, and thank you for your honest and genuine response.

My fundamental point is that Bernie managed to capture ~46% of Democratic Party primary voters in '16, and the political coalition that he built transcends all of the various stereotypes that the MSM built that focused so heavily on younger voters.

The reality is that the vast majority of Bernie supporters >35 years have coalesced behind Hillary (Although I have many friends and family members that aren't there yet--- insert personal anecdote here), whereas there is a much larger chunk of historical Republican voters that view Trump as a betrayer of their core fundamental conservative Republican values.

What Bernie was able to do was insert the most progressive Democratic Party platform ever into the convention, in order to ease the distrust that so many on the progressive wing of the Democratic Party felt regarding Hillary Clinton for various historical and policy reasons....

If you supported or backed Bernie as a revolutionary candidate and felt betrayed, then I could understand your perspective.

As a result of the Bernie campaign, Hillary pivoted significantly to the progressive wing of the party, and the next major challenge will be to keep her toes to the fire to "walk the talk" and follow through on her campaign promises.

There are very few Bernie supporters, including many friends and family members, that view Bernie as a "traitor to the movement" for supporting Hillary and campaigning for her as well under the current political environment.

Now, one might make an argument regarding Ron Paul and Ted Cruz in '12 and '16 respectively regarding "vote your conscience", and quite frankly I am extremely sympathetic having voted for 3rd party candidates for my first three presidential elections.

I voted Democrat for President for the first time in 2004 because of the War in Iraq, where I lost a friend outside of Taji/Camp Cooke.

Ever since, I have never looked back when it comes to my vote for President of the USA...

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 09:05:44 PM »

Traitor to his own movement, at least Ron Paul had the decency to tell people to vote their conscious.

Did you support Sanders in the primaries, otherwise not understanding how you could call him a traitor to the movement?

I did not, but I can see when Robb Stark was betrayed at the red wedding, and not been betrayed myself.

yeah, he should support an orange billionaire who espouses everything he despises about the current system because CONSCIENCE. smart

No, I'm saying he should've told people to vote for the person they thought best represented their beliefs. Also, you forget that there are more than a hundred presidential candidates, not just two.

There are only two with even a remote chance of winning.  When Johnson, Stein, or anybody else start polling in the 30s% or so, we can talk.  Until then this is literally only a Clinton or Trump choice.

remote /=/ realistic. Defintion of remote: " of a chance or possibility) unlikely to occur."

Yeah, it's not at all likely that Johnson or Stein would win the election. But both will be on state ballots totaling more than 400 EVs, and Johnson should be on every state's ballot. Both candidates have actual electors that would be appointed to vote for those candidates if they were to win states or ME/NE CDs. Johnson doesn't even have to reach 270 EVs, as the house might select him as a "compromise choice" if there is no electoral majority. All you need to do to have a "possibility" of winning the election is to be on enough ballots, and Johnson and Stein are. That it's incredibly unlikely doesn't matter because remote means unlikely. Remote does not mean realistic or logical. It just means possible. 

This is not "literally only" a Clinton or Trump choice.

When you're about to spend as much time and effort into a post about fantasy scenarios (with a dash of grammar Nazism) as you just did, you should strongly consider if it will be worth it.  This, for example, was not.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies