Which of the following Trump advocates do you think are going to run in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:57:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Which of the following Trump advocates do you think are going to run in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Lieutenant General Michael Flynn

Governor Chris Christie

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich

Gubernatorial Candidate Corey Stewart

Senator Jeff Sessions

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr.

Senator Scott Brown

Governor Paul LePage

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi

Sherriff Joe Arpaio

Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani

Businessman Carl Icahn

Former Gubernatorial Candidate Carl Paladino

Talk Show Host Alex Jones

Dr. Ben Carson

Actor Scott Baio

Coach Bobby Knight

Businesswoman Ivanka Trump

Businessman Eric Trump

None of the Above

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which of the following Trump advocates do you think are going to run in 2020  (Read 2616 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 20, 2016, 11:21:58 PM »

This list may be a bit too extensive, but still.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 11:33:37 PM »

LOL at Arpaio being an option. He'll be 88 or something in four years.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 12:21:48 AM »

damn that's a good one I forgot.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 12:31:53 AM »

Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 12:33:52 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 12:34:16 PM by Kevin »

btw I don't think Peter Thiel is a native born citizen, thus he would be ineligible to run for President.

Just realized that^
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 12:41:54 AM »

Maybe Scott Brown but he has no chance lol.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 08:23:46 AM »

Milo
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 02:06:38 PM »

Only Carson and Christie
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 04:25:25 PM »

Less than a 50% chance on each of these guys individually, though I guess Christie's the most likely.  But even with Christie, I'd say he's less than 50% likely to run, to be honest.

Honestly, it's so early that it's hard to say that any potential Republican candidate has a more than 50% chance of running at this point.  Maybe Cotton and Cruz?  Anyone else?  Rubio's more than 50% likely to run on the condition that he wins reelection this year, so I guess how you rate him depends on whether you think he might lose this year.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 04:49:37 AM »

With a Hillary presidency I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to put up Ann Coulter...i.e. yet another nominee whose career peaked in the 90s.
Present
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 09:01:43 AM »

Unless the Donald pulls off a surprising victory, all of the people are (burnt) toast. They would be carrying the Trump plague.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 01:54:16 AM »
« Edited: August 23, 2016, 01:56:50 AM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I actually think Pence could have a solid shot at the nomination in 2020 if Trump loses.

Some percentage of the Trump vote will go to him and there is nothing that Ted Cruz can out do him on.

And frankly you guys are all miscalculating this, which does not surprise me. Hannity is already calling Cruz a saboteur and he is more powerful than Beck. If Trump loses, whatever devil Trump might have been in office will never be known, instead there will be the devil in the White House and anybody who is viewed as being complicit in helping to facilitate her election will be viewed with hostility.

Pence is a natural candidate for all of Cruz's voters and Pence has consistency on his side for much longer. You go back a decade or more and you find Pence voting against Bush on NCLB and opposing  out of control spending. Like most Texas Republicans, Cruz was a Bush shill for most of the 2000's. Pence trying to make the best of Trump and help defeat Hillary Clinton will sell much better to GOP vote audiences then Cruz's intransigence and shifting stories on the motivation for it.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 09:51:05 AM »

I actually think Pence could have a solid shot at the nomination in 2020 if Trump loses.

Maybe Scott Brown but he has no chance lol.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 04:14:43 PM »

Among the politicians, Christie and Pence are likelier than not to run, LePage is a possibility, and the rest are vanishingly unlikely. Gingrich and Giuliani are both has-beens, and Stewart is from the wrong state. Don't think Brown would run if he didn't in 2016; perhaps some day in the future he'll try for NH office again (2022 Senate race?). The non-politicians are difficult to predict, though I suspect Flynn, Icahn, and Carson are the likeliest, in that order. Thiel would be a strong possibility if not for the fact that he is, as others have noted, not a natural-born citizen.

On the Cruz speculation, Cruz rose from barely over footnote status (entering at 4-5%) to the mid-20s nationally mostly by doing well in debates; his organization was always limited to a select few states (most obviously Iowa). So long as multiple, repeated pre-primary debates remain a part of the landscape for the 2020 race and Cruz throws plenty of red meat has a coherent answer to the "you helped elect Hillary" attack, he will be a candidate to be reckoned with in 2020.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 03:17:40 PM »

Some percentage of the Trump vote will go to him and there is nothing that Ted Cruz can out do him on.

And frankly you guys are all miscalculating this, which does not surprise me. Hannity is already calling Cruz a saboteur and he is more powerful than Beck. If Trump loses, whatever devil Trump might have been in office will never be known, instead there will be the devil in the White House and anybody who is viewed as being complicit in helping to facilitate her election will be viewed with hostility.

Pence is a natural candidate for all of Cruz's voters and Pence has consistency on his side for much longer. You go back a decade or more and you find Pence voting against Bush on NCLB and opposing  out of control spending. Like most Texas Republicans, Cruz was a Bush shill for most of the 2000's. Pence trying to make the best of Trump and help defeat Hillary Clinton will sell much better to GOP vote audiences then Cruz's intransigence and shifting stories on the motivation for it.

Er, I'm pretty sure Trump has shown many GOP primary voters couldn't care less about policy positions. Cruz is far better at throwing out the red meat than boring Pence. Pence would be Walker 2.0.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies