SB 2016-021: Ukranian Freedom Act (Passed Senate) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:55:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2016-021: Ukranian Freedom Act (Passed Senate) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2016-021: Ukranian Freedom Act (Passed Senate)  (Read 763 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: August 23, 2016, 07:37:38 AM »

I believe the 97% referendum was held whilst Russian Troops were occupying Crimea. It's a trend to invoke Godwin that was seen in the 1930s- German Military intervenes to 'protect German miniroity' they vote in a referendum and then Austria, and Czechoslaviqia are gone.

To give a Brief backdrop to Ukraine- from my head there was a pro Russian government that rejected an EU trade deal- mass uprising in west of the Country, government collapses and a more pro EU/NATO government gets in, Russia invades Crimea and begins sending Troops to Eastern 'and more pro Russian' Ukraine but claim they're 'freedom fighters' not Russian troops. Later shot down a passenger plane.

I'd be happy for people like Classic to amend this further in the House to expand funding- we need to be supporting Ukraine
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 08:38:46 PM »

The 170 million was based on what I thought we could spare- to be a wonk I saw a policy program saying we could take away arms funding from certain regimes (Pakistan, Saudi) and transfer it to Ukraine to allow us not to spend more.

It was brought together from bits and pieces I read- I don't have access to my laptop with all my political clippings on them. I'd be happy to increase the funding but still with a focus on governance/aid rather than simply handing over weaponry
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 07:12:29 AM »

aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies