SB 2016-021: Ukranian Freedom Act (Passed Senate) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:00:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2016-021: Ukranian Freedom Act (Passed Senate) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2016-021: Ukranian Freedom Act (Passed Senate)  (Read 757 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: August 27, 2016, 06:02:24 AM »

I think it would be helpful to at least have some idea of whether the Crimeans felt that their rights were being encroached upon in Russia's annexation of them.  My knowledge of Ukraine is limited, though by some accounts it would appear that Crimea intrinsically has more in common with Russia than with the rest of Ukraine; it is the only region of the country where Russian is the predominant language.

To my knowledge, the only available indicator of where Crimeans stand is the 2014 referendum.  Absent a fair analysis, my biggest concern is how increased military activity would impact the people living in the region.  If Crimeans have determined that they owe no loyalty to their official state, then impeding on them would only inflame tensions and potentially jeopardize our standing with the international community more than if we did nothing.

It would be helpful if Secretary Truman or Senator Blair could provide some more information on that.

As a Polish-Atlasian, I'd gladly comment on this later.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies