Can Trump win CT? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:52:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Can Trump win CT? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Trump win CT?  (Read 2737 times)
Seriously?
United States

« on: August 21, 2016, 09:10:59 PM »

It's possible, but not likely. I am sure Q will poll its home state at some point.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 09:17:42 PM »

Of course it's possible. There is a model for a state-wide win in Connecticut by Republicans.  It's not likely that Trump will execute it.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 09:35:48 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2016, 09:37:51 PM by Seriously? »

Of course it's possible. There is a model for a state-wide win in Connecticut by Republicans.  It's not likely that Trump will execute it.

Republicans haven't won CT since 1988.
I am well aware the last time Republicans won CT. There's a difference between whether there's a path to victory in Connecticut -- which there is -- and none whatsoever.

Do I think Trump has a chance to win Connecticut? Of the three NYC metro states, CT is most likely. Will he win it? Probably not. You can win a state-wide race in CT as a Republican, but you need everything to go the right way, including in Rockefeller Republican-areas of wealth and education, which are not necessarily Trump's wheelhouse.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 02:41:56 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2016, 02:53:45 AM by Seriously? »

Roll your eyes at me all you want, but the last Q poll from June had it at -7/-5, which puts CT in "Lean D" territory. A win for Trump in that scenario is possible, but unlikely unless there's a uniform shift towards Trump.

Plus, if you have all of this movement towards Hillary in states like Texas and South Carolina, as you red avatars claim, and the national numbers basically are at Obama 2012 territory, where does the other Trump vote logically come from? The Northeast where there are a lot of blue collar Catholics.

While Connecticut is an unlikely get, it's not an impossible one for the Trump campaign. There's a difference. The question posed by the OP was can Trump win CT, not will he.  Can he win it? Sure in a perfect storm scenario. Will he win it? Probably not.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 12:48:01 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2016, 12:50:45 PM by Seriously? »

Roll your eyes at me all you want, but the last Q poll from June had it at -7/-5, which puts CT in "Lean D" territory. A win for Trump in that scenario is possible, but unlikely unless there's a uniform shift towards Trump.

Plus, if you have all of this movement towards Hillary in states like Texas and South Carolina, as you red avatars claim, and the national numbers basically are at Obama 2012 territory, where does the other Trump vote logically come from? The Northeast where there are a lot of blue collar Catholics.

While Connecticut is an unlikely get, it's not an impossible one for the Trump campaign. There's a difference. The question posed by the OP was can Trump win CT, not will he.  Can he win it? Sure in a perfect storm scenario. Will he win it? Probably not.

...You actually think CT is lean D?
I don't think when it comes to ratings like that. I look at data.

The RCP Average is +7.5 (2-way)/+5 (4-way) academically, that makes it lean D.

Lean D is a Democrat lead between 5 and 10 points. Obviously, we need new data points.

As I have stated numerous times on this thread the question is whether Trump can win Connecticut. He can. There is a path to victory. However, it's unlikely that he wins the state. That's a distinction with a difference.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies