Colin Powell not taking hillary's statements lightly- ups his attack
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:29:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Colin Powell not taking hillary's statements lightly- ups his attack
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Colin Powell not taking hillary's statements lightly- ups his attack  (Read 1254 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2016, 02:36:54 AM »

http://www.people.com/article/colin-powell-hillary-clinton-pinning-email-scandal-on-him
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 02:40:58 AM »

Well rip that endorsement
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:58:11 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2016, 03:16:40 AM by Seriously? »

That's what happens when you extend an olive branch to the corrupt Clintons, they use it to try to pin the blame on the black guy.

The first (and only) African American Joint Chief of Staff Chair and the first of two African American Secretaries of State (both appointed by Republican Presidents) deserves better than to be slimed by the racist and corrupt Clinton machine.
OwlRhetoric

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 03:08:22 AM »

I'm glad he's calling her out. This reeks of another made up story, just like the Bosnia sniper fire.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 03:22:08 AM »

The fake outrage is strong in this one.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 04:09:14 AM »

They're taking what they can get.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 06:39:56 AM »

Ok, who cares. 
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 06:51:52 AM »

I'm glad he's calling her out. This reeks of another made up story, just like the Bosnia sniper fire.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 06:52:33 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Who would know!
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 07:25:33 AM »

Trying to frame a black person for your crimes. Sad.
Trapsy

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 07:27:02 AM »

OMG Hillary just be honest that you f'd up stop trying to fight this. I don't really care but its stupid she keep it in the headlines.
Trapsy

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 07:28:04 AM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 08:05:08 AM »

OMG Hillary just be honest that you f'd up stop trying to fight this. I don't really care but its stupid she keep it in the headlines.

You are asking Hillary to do something that I simply believe she is incapable of doing.  I have come to believe that she has a case of victimstance that rises to a pathological level.  It would be unrealistic of me, or of anyone else, to honestly expect Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton to accept the blame for her wrongful actions, and the responsibility that comes with that blame.  I don't think she is capable of doing this even in the privacy of her own thoughts.

Redban

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 08:32:42 AM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 08:34:48 AM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 09:06:51 AM »

Or this one: "relations between Americal soldiers and the Vietnamese people are excellent" - then Major Colin Powell, 1968.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 09:26:07 AM »

I mean, Hillary could murder a child, and you'd probably find a way to insult Fox News for covering it ... But that's not the point of the thread.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 09:35:27 AM »

I mean, Hillary could murder a child, and you'd probably find a way to insult Fox News for covering it ... But that's not the point of the thread.
No but great attack asshole, really creative.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 10:14:50 AM »

Could Clinton and her team possibly bumble through this less gracefully? This was, in theory, a thing that could have come and gone completely months ago with it barely being remembered. Somehow, though, this one in particular just trips her again and again. Still, I wonder to what extent these lower level revelations have after that recent poll showed ~60+% didn't want to hear about this issue anymore. Maybe it's maxed out without something new that really changes the big facts of it? At any rate, these continue to be awful candidates.

You're right about that, although as I mentioned above, the idea I think he was trying to get across (minor additions to the email scandal won't move the needle and bores audiences more than fascinates them) is probably right.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 10:19:33 AM »

Number one, this is the man who lied to the United Nations with fake diagrams, yet was never indicted for it, so he needs to shut his mouth about everything but the weather. Number two, the fact that something that resulted in no indictment is still be discussed is insane.
Trapsy

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 10:25:46 AM »

Number one, this is the man who lied to the United Nations with fake diagrams, yet was never indicted for it, so he needs to shut his mouth about everything but the weather. Number two, the fact that something that resulted in no indictment is still be discussed is insane.

Regardless. Hillz still implicated him into her own troublings. She has to woman up and take the heat for this and the foundation. Self-inflicted wounds.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 10:26:05 AM »

why is Colin Powell's previous wrongness relevant here, unless you're accusing him of lying in this case, or unless anyone who has lied and/or been wrong is permanently disqualified from saying that others are lying or being wrong?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 10:28:02 AM »

Regardless. Hillz still implicated him into her own troublings. She has to woman up and take the heat for this and the foundation. Self-inflicted wounds.

Two words: No indictment. That's all she has to say at this point. Troublings isn't a word, by the way.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2016, 10:31:47 AM »

Don't you find it hilarious how Seriously and some others here, try to make this a racial thing ... as some kind of an attack on a "black" person by Hillary.
LMAO !
trump is currently trying to court the black community (Fail !), so people like Seriously have a hard-on for the topic, and try "to do their part" to help trump's effort.
LOL ! Hilarious !
Yes .... OK Mr Seriously .... trump has increased his support share of the black electorate from his current 1% to 92%. Great job, keep up the good work.
Trapsy

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 10:32:13 AM »

Two words: No indictment. That's all she has to say at this point. Troublings isn't a word, by the way.

"No indictment." doesn't play well. She should just take responsibility(at this point the public already sees her as guilty) then transition to the issues. She's at her best when focused on the substance of this election.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies