Clinton Campaign Announces Fall TV Ad Buy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:04:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton Campaign Announces Fall TV Ad Buy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton Campaign Announces Fall TV Ad Buy  (Read 721 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2016, 08:55:56 AM »
« edited: August 22, 2016, 09:06:06 AM by Gass3268 »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

They are coming back to Pennsylvania after pulling out from the summer ad buy (probably smart, Trump can't win without PA), but they are going to stay dark in Colorado and Virginia. Also currently nothing is scheduled in the Lean R states (Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, or Missouri).

ABC News
Redban

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »

New Hampshire, eh?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:06:49 AM »

It will be interesting to look into the specific market buys once we get those numbers.
HillOfANight
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »

Still a relatively tight Senate race. If she can depress GOP turnout, or tie Ayotte to Trump, better for her.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 10:36:40 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

They are coming back to Pennsylvania after pulling out from the summer ad buy (probably smart, Trump can't win without PA), but they are going to stay dark in Colorado and Virginia. Also currently nothing is scheduled in the Lean R states (Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, or Missouri).

ABC News

According to Clinton campaign emails, Trump is running a new ad in Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.  That probably represents the big battleground.  Clinton only needs one of those four, so keeping the war on that front is a good strategy for her.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 11:05:41 AM »

Reducing/Eliminating ad campaign in Virginia, I feel comfortable with.
Colorado .... I'm still somewhat worried about it.
Clinton should move the funds she would have spent in N.H. and use it in CO instead.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 12:06:45 PM »

Glad to see her waste money in New Hampshire. An the Senate race is NOT competitive, Hassan wins, Safe D.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 12:14:28 PM »

I would say that NV and NH are a waste, but both have critical Senate and House races, so I guess it makes sense to defend them. Shame about AZ and GA, but I guess they're focused on just winning right now, and not running up the margin.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 12:17:30 PM »

I would say that NV and NH are a waste, but both have critical Senate and House races, so I guess it makes sense to defend them. Shame about AZ and GA, but I guess they're focused on just winning right now, and not running up the margin.

There is plenty of time left. If after the first debate Trump tanks even more then they can move in and flood the airwaves for a month.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 10:15:37 PM »

There is plenty of time left. If after the first debate Trump tanks even more then they can move in and flood the airwaves for a month.

If Trump tanks further, Clinton should shift her focus to the Congressional battlegrounds rather than the Presidential ones.  The GOP ain't going to be intimidated by the size of her EV victory into playing nice with her.  If they did, they'd be primaried and they know it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 10:19:48 PM »

If Trump tanks further, Clinton should shift her focus to the Congressional battlegrounds rather than the Presidential ones.  The GOP ain't going to be intimidated by the size of her EV victory into playing nice with her.  If they did, they'd be primaried and they know it.

Arizona fits the bill as it has has a senate and a couple of house races. Georgia's senate race might become interesting too if the bottom falls out for Trump.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 10:35:53 PM »

Critical House and Senate races in New Hampshire?
Desroko
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 11:34:34 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2016, 11:36:14 PM by Desroko »

Xingkerui still thinks it's 2000, apparently.

They're critical in that Dems must win them for a majority. He's not saying they're tossups. And for what it's worth, the two are nearly tied on Pollster.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 12:14:30 AM »

Xingkerui still thinks it's 2000, apparently.

So do you, since you think Trump will win NV and WI. Tongue NH-01 and NH-Sen aren't toss-ups, but it wouldn't hurt for her to lock those down. Not to mention the gubernatorial race.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies