WaPo: FBI uncovered tens of thousands more emails that Clinton didn't disclose
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:18:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  WaPo: FBI uncovered tens of thousands more emails that Clinton didn't disclose
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: WaPo: FBI uncovered tens of thousands more emails that Clinton didn't disclose  (Read 2081 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 05:02:11 PM »

So if nobody cares, how come nobody trusts Hillary?

No, the faux scandal did its job. The point is there's nothing more it can do. If ~550 days of email spam didn't move your vote, why would a few more days make a difference?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 05:04:20 PM »

If people cared, she would be losing.
That doesn't answer the question. Why do people think she is more untrustworthy than Trump?

If that were the case then why is Trump losing?

The emails would be impactful if it was actually hurting her poll numbers and they aren't since she is  on pace to win by a pretty large margin.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 05:07:15 PM »

No, the faux scandal did its job. The point is there's nothing more it can do. If ~550 days of email spam didn't move your vote, why would a few more days make a difference?
No difference? Hillary lied to the FBI. She withheld work documents that at best show obstruction of justice, at worst, possibly bribery. She's literally inching dangerously close to Nixonian territory.

Of course, Hillary has an inclination for removing documents. Ask Jeffrey Zeifman and the other members of the House Judiciary Committee investigation.

That doesn't answer the question. Why do people think she is more untrustworthy than Trump?

The emails would be impactful if it was actually hurting her poll numbers and they aren't since she is  on pace to win by a pretty large margin.
My candidate is losing because he's Trump. I voted for him out of protest and a hope to leave a mark on the Presidency. I don't really care if he wins or loses, but I sure do care about Hillary Clinton becoming our President when these very troubling allegations are floating about. When IceSpear, who so often and so masterfully slayed the Bernie-bros can only say "12 people care. That's it" as a response, then you know that the Clinton-cult has no arguments left.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 05:07:40 PM »

The sort of people basing their vote on email server maintenance weren't going to be voting for Clinton in the first place.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2016, 05:07:58 PM »

Because it reminds people of the aspects of the candidate that they are most concerned about, and gives voters a general feeling of discomfort and negativity.  Voters don't make decisions using hard-edged, concrete-sequential rationality much.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 05:10:50 PM »

The sort of people basing their vote on email server maintenance weren't going to be voting for Clinton in the first place.
Nobody is basing their vote on the scandal itself as much as what it says about her character, especially as she continuously makes attacks on Trump. I've never heard the expression "two evils" used so often and so seriously in any election in my lifetime. People might think Trump is a joke, but they certainly don' t view Hillary as this shining beacon of clean politics and honor.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2016, 05:10:51 PM »

Because the media has done a good job, along with the GOP, of maligning her name down through the years. People believe what they read as opposed to doing research themselves to get the facts.

Also, instead of focusing on all the good Hillary has done, they just focus on the negative hype. Very effective in helping to formulate negative public perception and opinion.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2016, 05:11:24 PM »

Because it reminds people of the aspects of the candidate that they are most concerned about, and gives voters a general feeling of discomfort and negativity.  Voters don't make decisions using hard-edged, concrete-sequential rationality much.

LOL, trust me, nobody needed to be "reminded" of the emails. The media has ensured you can't escape hearing about them daily in some form or fashion, unless you live under a rock.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2016, 05:12:12 PM »

Because of his outrageous comments. Like it or not, the polls say that more people think she is personally untrustworthy.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2016, 05:14:30 PM »

Because it reminds people of the aspects of the candidate that they are most concerned about, and gives voters a general feeling of discomfort and negativity.  Voters don't make decisions using hard-edged, concrete-sequential rationality much.

LOL, trust me, nobody needed to be "reminded" of the emails. The media has ensured you can't escape hearing about them daily in some form or fashion, unless you live under a rock.

Actually, yes, most people don't consume politics so regularly that something like Clinton's emails are always on the top of their mind, even when thinking about the election.  There's research that shows invoking known, negative traits about someone -- even in a vague or unsubstantiated way -- reframes how people think about them and tends to result in more negative perceptions.  Why do you think political advertising works the way it does?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2016, 05:18:06 PM »

Actually, yes, most people don't consume politics so regularly that something like Clinton's emails are always on the top of their mind, even when thinking about the election.  There's research that shows invoking known, negative traits about someone -- even in a vague or unsubstantiated way -- reframes how people think about them and tends to result in more negative perceptions.  Why do you think political advertising works the way it does?

Well, if we're referring to people who inconsistently consume media, then there's no guarantee they'll be paying any attention to this story either. So my point stands.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2016, 05:18:21 PM »

Because the media has done a good job, along with the GOP, of maligning her name down through the years. People believe what they read as opposed to doing research themselves to get the facts.

Also, instead of focusing on all the good Hillary has done, they just focus on the negative hype. Very effective in helping to formulate negative public perception and opinion.
I have been watching CNN on and off in the background today. I have seen one ten minute story in which Christine Quinn started hysterically screaming on the emails and at least two solid hours of Trump coverage, almost all of it on the screen as "BREAKING NEWS" as if a bomb went off.

Hermit, when did you and the Clinton-klan become so conspiratorial? Are the Russians working with Trump and MSNBC to bring down Hillary? Is Trump a KBG plant? Did 9/11 happen to damage Hillary's New York career? Christ, you sound like Orly Taitz but with your head deeper in the sand. You all are worse than the Ron Paul supporters.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2016, 05:19:51 PM »

I love how the usual suspects cannot actually defend Hillary Clinton, so instead they basically are just calling the average voter and hoping and praying that they won't care. This is a serious public image issue for her. The email albatross is as bad for her as Trump's comments on the Khan family are for him.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2016, 05:20:40 PM »

Agreed on this.... it's basically classic American Political Science.

Same thing with Trump and his "temperament and judgement" issues.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2016, 05:21:07 PM »

No difference? Hillary lied to the FBI. She withheld work documents that at best show obstruction of justice, at worst, possibly bribery. She's literally inching dangerously close to Nixonian territory.

Of course, Hillary has an inclination for removing documents. Ask Jeffrey Zeifman and the other members of the House Judiciary Committee investigation.

My candidate is losing because he's Trump. I voted for him out of protest and a hope to leave a mark on the Presidency. I don't really care if he wins or loses, but I sure do care about Hillary Clinton becoming our President when these very troubling allegations are floating about. When IceSpear, who so often and so masterfully slayed the Bernie-bros can only say "12 people care. That's it" as a response, then you know that the Clinton-cult has no arguments left.
Dude give it a rest.  The only people who give two sh**ts about this are blind partisans who were never going to vote for her in the first place.  Your endless pounding on this issue does nothing. 
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2016, 05:22:07 PM »

I love how the usual suspects cannot actually defend Hillary Clinton, so instead they basically are just calling the average voter and hoping and praying that they won't care. This is a serious public image issue for her. The email albatross is as bad for her as Trump's comments on the Khan family are for him.
No, calling the family of a dead solider horrible names is much worse, but continue on your rants.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 05:24:27 PM »

The lack of an indictment makes the emails a non-issue. You can't indict people on the internet with no law degree or credentials, that is left up to the authorities and the authorities didn't find anything to indict on.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2016, 05:26:19 PM »

The lack of an indictment makes the emails a non-issue. You can't indict people on the internet with no law degree or credentials, that is left up to the authorities and the authorities didn't find anything to indict on.
Didn't your hear, they were bought off.  That is the answer to everything that doesn't go the way of republicans.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2016, 05:27:14 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, my "nobody will care" response is the same response I give to 90% of the things that this forum and the media thinks are "game changers."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2016, 05:28:47 PM »

Well yeah, they couldn't indict Hillary on obstruction of justice because they didn't know she obstructed justice. Why is a court ordering the release of more documents today if these newly found and obviously withheld work related emails not a serious sign that something is at the very least suspicious?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2016, 05:29:51 PM »

Because it reminds people of the aspects of the candidate that they are most concerned about, and gives voters a general feeling of discomfort and negativity.  Voters don't make decisions using hard-edged, concrete-sequential rationality much.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2016, 05:30:31 PM »

No, calling the family of a dead solider horrible names is much worse, but continue on your rants.
Let me rephrase this so the rest of the forum understands what you are trying to say:
SHUT UPZ SHUT UPZ I'M RIGHT I'M RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG SHUT UP.

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2016, 05:31:01 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2016, 05:32:47 PM by JerryArkansas »

Well yeah, they couldn't indict Hillary on obstruction of justice because they didn't know she obstructed justice. Why is a court ordering the release of more documents today if these newly found and obviously withheld work related emails not a serious sign that something is at the very least suspicious?
In the name of transparency?  It may be that.  Why go to something bad right off the bat. 

Let me rephrase this so the rest of the forum understands what you are trying to say:
SHUT UPZ SHUT UPZ I'M RIGHT I'M RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG SHUT UP.

See someone isn't happy with me.  But great personal attack.  Real big man you are.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2016, 05:31:47 PM »

The FBI saw these emails already, they are not new to the FBI. What is being ordered to be released is at the request of an extremely right-wing political organization called Judicial Watch wanting the records.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2016, 05:33:55 PM »

I wonder how many people actually care about this issue, as opposed to those who "care" only for the political benefits may or may not provide.

I wonder how many of Hillary's supporters ACTUALLY care whether or not she did something extremely unethical and unprofessional, as opposed to those who don't care either way, as long as she doesn't get in trouble for it...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies