Democratic WV Governor Candidate: "I can't support Clinton"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:01:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic WV Governor Candidate: "I can't support Clinton"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democratic WV Governor Candidate: "I can't support Clinton"  (Read 899 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2016, 11:26:54 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/jim-justice-no-support-clinton-227273

Jim Justice, the Democratic Nominee for West Virginia Governor says "he can't support Hillary Clinton"
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 11:27:36 AM »

inb4 IceSpear
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 11:27:53 AM »

WV Democrats are essentially Republicans.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:28:39 AM »

Not supporting the most hated politician in your state?  Edgy.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 11:29:53 AM »

Wow...Gamechanger.  What will Hillary do without WV?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 11:32:11 AM »

Shocked

Who would've guessed?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 11:36:57 AM »

Clinton is going to get totally demolished. It's a wiser strategy than "I don't endorse her but I will vote for the nominee"
john cage bubblegum

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 11:43:49 AM »

I'd have been more surprised if a WV Dem running for statewide office said they were supporting Clinton.
Trapsy

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 11:44:14 AM »

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 11:46:09 AM »

I'd have been more surprised if a WV Dem running for statewide office said they were supporting Clinton.

Pretty sure WV Dems endorsed the nominee in 2008 and 2012 and won in landslides.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 11:51:48 AM »

Probably a good move considering Sanders carried every county in the state.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 12:04:23 PM »

Pretty sure WV Dems endorsed the nominee in 2008 and 2012 and won in landslides.
Well, between 2012 and now, something BIG happened. Seemingly out of nowhere (to me) Republicans flipped the legislature just like that, and took out Nick Rahall by double digits even though he was pretty entrenched. Combine that with Jim Justice being a Republican until last year or so, and this isn't too surprising TBH.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 12:06:12 PM »

A West Virginia "Democrat" refusing to support the Democratic nominee even when Republicans nominate a complete clown. That's... honestly not the least bit surprising.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 12:09:33 PM »

I can't even begrudge him this - Trump is incredibly popular in West Virginia. It's a whole different, depressing world over there. I don't like it, but I understand it.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 12:12:19 PM »

Believe it or not, they actually was a mini-boom in WV coal mining jobs in Obama's first term that was due to met coal (used for steelmaking) a boom in China and massive flooding in Australian met coal mines,  but that's all gone now and of course thermal Appalachian coal is being wiped out by natural gas, so who does a dinosaur vote for when they're going extinct anyway?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 01:13:44 PM »

Great to hear! Clinton should DISAVOW if he does endorse.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 01:16:49 PM »

But but but... Only people are running away from Donald Trump, not Untrustworthy, Lazy, Lyin' Crooked Hillary!

Clinton looks upon the citizens of West Virginia with your typical liberal disdain and wants to put the coal workers out of work. I'd be running far, far away from her if I were the Democrat governor candidate as well.
john cage bubblegum

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 01:18:15 PM »

The 2008 cycle is a whole different animal; while WV moved right in federal elections, the national Dem party wasn't nearly as toxic  then as it is now.  And unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Joe Manchin didn't endorse Obama in 2012.  And now we're in 2016 where the national party is hated big time in WV, and local Dems need to distance themselves.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 01:22:28 PM »

Great to hear! Clinton should DISAVOW if he does endorse.

So true! Smiley

Sorry Justice, this isn't going to save you from your incoming loss. In the eyes of a majority of West Virginians, all Democrats are members of an anti-white hate group. There are no longer any exceptions. This is why Manchin will be Blanched in 2018.

See ya, loser! Is Gov. Cole measuring the drapes yet?

Actually, Manchin refused to say whether he voted for Obama or the prison inmate/felon in 2012.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 01:28:02 PM »

I can't even begrudge him this - Trump is incredibly popular in West Virginia. It's a whole different, depressing world over there. I don't like it, but I understand it.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but weren't you one of the people criticizing Natalie Tennant in 2014 for doing this same exact thing? In fact, I'm pretty sure she never went this far in criticizing Obama.

But but but... Only people are running away from Donald Trump, not Untrustworthy, Lazy, Lyin' Crooked Hillary!

Clinton looks upon the citizens of West Virginia with your typical liberal disdain and wants to put the coal workers out of work. I'd be running far, far away from her if I were the Democrat governor candidate as well.

LOL. Republicans all over the country are running from Trump. One Democrat in quite possibly the reddest state in the country has run from Hillary. Nice false equivalence.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 01:32:06 PM »

LOL. Republicans all over the country are running from Trump. One Democrat in quite possibly the reddest state in the country has run from Hillary. Nice false equivalence.
Justice is the first of many to jump off of the sinking Hillary Clinton ship.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 01:46:53 PM »

Nah, he is an egotist billionaire who contributed to the death of his workers in his mines.  An ass who should be cut off.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 01:49:55 PM »

Nah, he is an egotist billionaire who contributed to the death of his workers in his mines.  An ass who should be cut off.

I'd want the DGA to cut him off, but I'm pretty sure he's self funding, so that won't be an issue.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2016, 01:50:06 PM »

You know, my ignore button has no purpose when you people are going quote his useless bait all the time anyway Tongue .
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 01:53:22 PM »

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but weren't you one of the people criticizing Natalie Tennant in 2014 for doing this same exact thing? In fact, I'm pretty sure she never went this far in criticizing Obama.

You're probably right. Oops.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies