Who will be the Presidential Debate moderators? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:37:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who will be the Presidential Debate moderators? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who will be the Presidential Debate moderators?  (Read 2833 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« on: August 24, 2016, 05:17:10 PM »

I would prefer people who won't be pushovers when Trump inevitably tries to grandstand, but I think Raddatz and John Dickerson will moderate the two conventional debates, and Cooper will do the town hall. Gwen Ifill moderating the VP debate wouldn't surprise me either. Just a guess.

Candy Crowley deserves to moderate another debate, but Republicans will throw a huge tantrum.

Bret Baier and Rachel Maddow will never happen even though they would probably moderate just fine.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:33:58 PM »

What Candy Crowley did in 2012 is really disqualifying. Fact-Checking is for the other candidate to do or for the media to do AFTER THE DEBATE. As the moderator, your job is to ask questions and keep a hold on answer time. Your job is not to try to "gotcha" a given candidate. And I don't care that Crowley said a sentence favorable to Romney right after the one that was favorable to Obama, because the one that was favorable to Obama was what everyone actually remembered.

It wasn't a "gotcha" give me a break. Romney tried pushing the republican talking point that Obama didn't call it an act of terror, but he so clearly did, and then Obama responded with the famous "Please proceed, Governor" and Romney deservedly looked like a fool.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies