Opinion of #NeverTrump Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:44:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of #NeverTrump Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Opinion of #NeverTrump Republicans
FFs

HPs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Opinion of #NeverTrump Republicans  (Read 2025 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 01:50:37 PM »

Mostly FF's.  I might have been one, if the Supreme Court, religious liberty, and gun rights weren't at stake.

Dirty atheist Hillary Clinton is going to hand the nation to the Jews!!!!!!!

Alpha or Beta Jews?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 01:52:21 PM »

Mostly FF's.  I might have been one, if the Supreme Court, religious liberty, and gun rights weren't at stake.

Of the three, the idea that "gun rights" are at stake is the most ludicrous. There are enough Democratic Senators in the NRA's pockets that even if the Dems somehow gained a 60-supermajority they still wouldn't be able to pass anything in this area.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »

Mostly FF's.  I might have been one, if the Supreme Court, religious liberty, and gun rights weren't at stake.

Alpha or Beta Jews?

The dangerous ג Jews Surprise
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 02:20:22 PM »

Depends. Cruz is still a HP. Kasich is a massive FF.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 02:20:38 PM »

Alpha or Beta Jews?

The dangerous ג Jews Surprise

#MakeTheCourtNonJewishAgain
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2016, 06:47:14 PM »

A lot of them are pathetic hypocrites, who wants to convince us that everything was warm and fuzzy until their "reasonable" party was "hijacked" by Trump. In fact Trump GOP is a logical consequence of the direction the party was going for years. Most of conservative NeverTrumpsters opposes him not because of ideology but because he's not a part of their club.
This lol.

Trump is probably more moderate than most of them.

Trump is not a conservative he is just a racist , egoistic, dumb, demogaue
Do NeverTrumpers have anything but ad-hominem attacks?

Do Trump supporters have anything but the "He's not Hillary" argument? I've always said that I'm willing to be convinced but have yet to see even a half-decent argument.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 08:27:43 PM »

It depends on whether they are voting for Clinton or not.

How do you feel about Johnson supporting one's?
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 08:28:51 PM »

Considering I am one, FF.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 08:48:12 PM »

Roll Eyes

I mean, if you are Muslim religious liberty is probably at stake this election. Wink
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 09:30:15 PM »

Probably the smartest people in America.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 09:31:52 PM »

Well, obviously FFs, so long as they never folded. Both the Cruz and Kasich types are alright by me.

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2016, 09:33:00 PM »

It depends on whether they are voting for Clinton or not.

How do you feel about Johnson supporting one's?

FFs!

#NeverTrump means you have to be #NeverJohnson as well.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2016, 09:37:06 PM »

The Clinton ones are FFs, the ones that aren't are as stupid as the Anybody But Carter Democrats.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2016, 09:49:38 PM »

All FFs for having morals.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2016, 10:06:15 PM »

The Cruz-type ones are mostly OK, but misguided, given that the Supreme Court is on the line for a generation.  It's the Kasich-type "let's give in on everything" ones that really give me a negative opinion of the group- especially the libertarian-leaners who are voting for Liberal Gary Johnson.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2016, 10:49:42 PM »

The Cruz-type ones are mostly OK, but misguided, given that the Supreme Court is on the line for a generation.  It's the Kasich-type "let's give in on everything" ones that really give me a negative opinion of the group- especially the libertarian-leaners who are voting for Liberal Gary Johnson.

GOP shouldn't have nominated Trump then, not our fault. And hint, us libertarians ARE NOT CONSERVATIVES.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2016, 11:19:46 PM »

GOP shouldn't have nominated Trump then, not our fault. And hint, us libertarians ARE NOT CONSERVATIVES.

You can say that again!
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2016, 11:33:28 PM »

You can say that again!

I assume ExtremeRepublican's point is that he's not fond of l ibertarians in general, at least as an ideology, which I can sympathize with.  Give me the choice between a strongly Christian, socially conservative Democratic Party and a libertarian, pro-choice Republican Party, and I'd vote Dem 100 times out of 100.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2016, 11:42:02 PM »

Most of them are HPs given that a lot of them were establishment R's or neocons mad that they couldn't get their crony crapitalism or endless interventions overseas.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2016, 11:58:30 PM »

Most of them are HPs given that a lot of them were establishment R's or neocons mad that they couldn't get their crony crapitalism or endless interventions overseas.

Gosh, Libertarians just love their buzz words.

Trump's foreign policy would almost certainly cause a massive international conflict of epic proportions.
Trump is the most crony capitalism-loving candidate in the race - after Hillary.

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2016, 12:24:22 AM »

Gosh, Libertarians just love their buzz words.

Trump's foreign policy would almost certainly cause a massive international conflict of epic proportions.
Trump is the most crony capitalism-loving candidate in the race - after Hillary.

lol, yes, I'm using terms that you can easily mock. And I'm not the one defending Trump, I'm just stating my opinion of why most NeverTrump Republicans didn't like him.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »

A lot of them are pathetic hypocrites, who wants to convince us that everything was warm and fuzzy until their "reasonable" party was "hijacked" by Trump. In fact Trump GOP is a logical consequence of the direction the party was going for years. Most of conservative NeverTrumpsters opposes him not because of ideology but because he's not a part of their club.
This lol.

Trump is probably more moderate than most of them.
Trump is not a conservative he is just a racist , egoistic, dumb, demogaue
Do NeverTrumpers have anything but ad-hominem attacks?
What else can we do? He doesn't have a record we can attack, and he's taken so many positions under the Sun that every time we hit one of them, his cultists will bring up the time he said the exact opposite.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2016, 11:05:29 AM »

If we're talking about regular voters, most are FFs who are not personally to blame for Trump's rise, and simply got caught in the cross-fire. Those who have enabled and supported Trump-like candidates in the past are hypocrites, though.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2016, 11:12:39 AM »

You can say that again!

I assume ExtremeRepublican's point is that he's not fond of l ibertarians in general, at least as an ideology, which I can sympathize with.  Give me the choice between a strongly Christian, socially conservative Democratic Party and a libertarian, pro-choice Republican Party, and I'd vote Dem 100 times out of 100.

That's fine, just respect that there's a huge percent of Republicans who very much disagree with that, and you should prepare for a lifetime of infighting. Smiley

(It is, of course, a myth that the GOP hasn't has significant infighting throughout its history ... It was just masked at times by geographic isolation and strings of landslide victories).
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2016, 11:27:43 AM »

You can say that again!

I greatly look forward to this day!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies