Opinion of #NeverTrump Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:31:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of #NeverTrump Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of #NeverTrump Republicans
FFs

HPs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Opinion of #NeverTrump Republicans  (Read 2073 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: August 23, 2016, 04:21:09 PM »

Proud to call myself a NeverTrump Republican.

Most of us are FF's, I think, but some NeverTrumper's I know are really...really overzealous.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 06:47:14 PM »

A lot of them are pathetic hypocrites, who wants to convince us that everything was warm and fuzzy until their "reasonable" party was "hijacked" by Trump. In fact Trump GOP is a logical consequence of the direction the party was going for years. Most of conservative NeverTrumpsters opposes him not because of ideology but because he's not a part of their club.
This lol.

Trump is probably more moderate than most of them.

Trump is not a conservative he is just a racist , egoistic, dumb, demogaue
Do NeverTrumpers have anything but ad-hominem attacks?

Do Trump supporters have anything but the "He's not Hillary" argument? I've always said that I'm willing to be convinced but have yet to see even a half-decent argument.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 11:58:30 PM »

Most of them are HPs given that a lot of them were establishment R's or neocons mad that they couldn't get their crony crapitalism or endless interventions overseas.

Gosh, Libertarians just love their buzz words.

Trump's foreign policy would almost certainly cause a massive international conflict of epic proportions.
Trump is the most crony capitalism-loving candidate in the race - after Hillary.

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 04:13:04 PM »

Mixed feelings.

At one point, I had a lot of admiration for guys like Ben Sasse and Mitt Romney bucking their own party for nominating a fascist asshole, but part of me thinks that Trump and the alt-right are serving at least one good purpose this election.

As Sanchez said, the #NeverTrump folks are the same ones who precipitated his rise.  They could have prevented this early on with the rise of the Tea Party seven years ago.  They didn't.  They made no effort to expunge these people from their ranks.  They jumped on to almost every insane demand the Tea Party made.  They jumped through countless obstacles trying to accommodate these people without alienating the "saner" elements of their base.  Simply put, they wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

Now they're reaping the consequences of that, and their response is to denigrate the people who make up the majority of their base, calling them racist hicks and espousing the same kind of elitism cosmopolitan liberals are always guilty of.

If you stood silently while the Tea Party was doing its damage this last decade, or sympathized with any piece of their platform, you are just as guilty for the rise of Trump as the people who voted for him.  John McCain is a great example of this - someone I used to personally respect but no longer do after seeing what a wuss he's become this election cycle; you would expect someone who endured years of torture abroad to have the balls to denounce Trump by name and tell his disgusting supporters where the door is.

Case in point, opposing Trump from the right does not make you "sane" or "moderate" or "reasonable."  It doesn't absolve you of having tolerated the lunatics that came into the scene before his entry.  It just makes you a loser.  A coward.  A weakling.  A cuckservative.

Name calling seems to be your calling card but repeating the same tactic over and over again doesn't make you right.

A majority of NeverTrump Republicans have nothing to be ashamed of.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies