FL-19: Dan Bongino explodes during recorded call with reporter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:33:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-19: Dan Bongino explodes during recorded call with reporter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-19: Dan Bongino explodes during recorded call with reporter  (Read 1094 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2016, 05:21:03 PM »

http://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2016/08/florida-congressional-candidate-goes-on-twitter-tirade-104864
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 06:26:27 PM »

And he's a carpetbagger too. He deserves to lose.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 07:40:09 PM »

Posted this in the Clawson thread. I met him a few months ago when he was thinking about running in a district on the east coast. Didn't strike me as an angry guy.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:09:54 PM »

Posted this in the Clawson thread. I met him a few months ago when he was thinking about running in a district on the east coast. Didn't strike me as an angry guy.
Speaking of FL-18, the district he previously considered, who do you think wins next week's crowded primary? My guess is Rebecca Negron, who has picked up endorsements from National Right to Life, Jeff Atwater, and others. She also seems to be the strongest general election candidate for the seat. Also, is Francis Rooney in FL-19 related to Tom Rooney from FL-17?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 09:44:58 PM »

Speaking of FL-18, the district he previously considered, who do you think wins next week's crowded primary? My guess is Rebecca Negron, who has picked up endorsements from National Right to Life, Jeff Atwater, and others. She also seems to be the strongest general election candidate for the seat. Also, is Francis Rooney in FL-19 related to Tom Rooney from FL-17?
It'll either be Negron or Mast. Negron is the most likely winner. First of all, I interned for her consultant, who I won't name here (you can PM me if you want), a highly respected consultant who has a lot of success in state/local races (the whole Jeb thing didn't pan out, but that was fate) and an abundance of strong ties that have benefited Negron. The following is anecdotal of course, but I also spent a good bit of time in FL-18 over the summer and attended a lot of local GOP events. Negron isn't the favorite of the Tea Party wing, yet she is also viewed as acceptable and electable, so that combined with her establishment support should result in her winning the primary and the general itself.

Brian Mast is her only real threat from what I can tell. He has been promoted all over the various Tea Party Facebook pages in the area and has a lot of prominent support. He's competing for votes with Noelle Nikpour, who filed for the race and has since coasted on her meager amount of name recognition as a Fox personality. Nikpour has no infrastructure what so ever out there.

I'd probably hedge my bet on the following result. I won't guess the percentages.
1. Negron
2. Mast
3. Freeman
4. Domino
5. Kozell
6. Nikpour

Domino has a lot of name recognition and money, but he also is viewed as extremely past his prime. To quote one of my mentors from the area, "Carl has to take his ball and just go home. It's over." I like Domino, actually. I once had lunch with him at a GOP function when I was like 13 and he was very, very agreeable as a person but also completely bland as a candidate. His time has come and gone.

Freeman is the wildcard, as he has poured a lot of his own money into the race and I saw a lot of ads for him when I was back home (I am from the neighboring FL-22). But I think the district and the Treasure Coast/Palm Beach County area is more inclined to a Brian Mast guy with a respected war record and an inspiring life story.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 10:19:22 PM »

Thank you for the analysis, Sanchez! I agree that Domino is a likable person, his story of attending law school in his early 70's to learn more about the law is interesting, but he is very up in age, and seemed to run a weak campaign in 2014 from what I heard. His prime is way behind him. I hope Negron wins, she's more likely to win the general than Mast, plus I don't really want more Freedom Caucus guys.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 11:58:51 PM »

Thank you for the analysis, Sanchez! I agree that Domino is a likable person, his story of attending law school in his early 70's to learn more about the law is interesting, but he is very up in age, and seemed to run a weak campaign in 2014 from what I heard. His prime is way behind him. I hope Negron wins, she's more likely to win the general than Mast, plus I don't really want more Freedom Caucus guys.
Negron would probably be the type who joins the Freedom Caucus but votes with Ryan on any critical matters. She'll bee a decent Congresswoman for a couple of terms, and I don't think she has any ambitions beyond backbencher.

Her husband, Joe, on the other hand, is one to keep an eye on. Potential statewide candidate once he's term limited out of the State Senate.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 12:01:52 AM »

That interview gave me a good laugh.

Dan Bongino is such a sleazy bastard he probably oozes crude oil. SAD!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 07:07:43 AM »

I mean,
It will likely be a Clinton district so the dem should be favored for the general right?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 06:32:08 PM »

I mean,
It will likely be a Clinton district so the dem should be favored for the general right?
You call me arrogant for being (relatively) informed and then you say that FL-19, which gave Obama 38% of the vote four years ago, a "likely Clinton district" and wonder why I don't take your claims about me seriously?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 06:34:03 PM »

I mean,
You call me arrogant for being (relatively) informed and then you say that FL-19, which gave Obama 38% of the vote four years ago, a "likely Clinton district" and wonder why I don't take your claims about me seriously?
I thought it was Patrick Murphy's district, my bad.

Well, I was asking you a question because I didnt know the answer and you just treated me like s*it.
So yes you are ing arrogant.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 06:45:05 PM »

In fairness, the reporter was also being a dick.  They both come across as awful manchildren.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 06:52:19 PM »

Given how unpopular the media is with the average primary voter, this might help him unfortunately
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 06:54:08 PM »

I mean,
I thought it was Patrick Murphy's district, my bad.

Well, I was asking you a question because I didnt know the answer and you just treated me like s*it.
So yes you are ing arrogant.

Very bold of you to be mad about someone being mad about you attacking them and having the gall to bring it up in another thread.

It reminds me of another poster besides Sanchez...Hint: it's you
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 02:17:48 AM »

Anyone know if this guy has a chance? It looks like there's a (somewhat) crowded primary and I can't imagine this and the carpetbagging will do him any favors.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies