WaPo: Indian-American that was Booted from Rally Not Voting for Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:16:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  WaPo: Indian-American that was Booted from Rally Not Voting for Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WaPo: Indian-American that was Booted from Rally Not Voting for Trump  (Read 685 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2016, 06:39:34 PM »

He's doing a great job on that minority outreach, right?

Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/08/22/i-was-a-donald-trump-supporter-then-i-got-booted-from-his-rally/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.4a664f2572d5

"I'm still a Republican, but I can't vote for Donald Trump after that way I was treated. How can I support a candidate who won’t even let me into his rallies? Here I am, a young, mixed-raced individual who wholeheartedly supported Trump, only to be rejected and ejected. I understand that Trump did not do this to me, but everything his campaign does reflects on him."
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 06:44:49 PM »

This is Trump's America.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 06:51:37 PM »

Yet we have guys on here supporting him. It's crazy.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 07:15:29 PM »

As a lifelong conservative Republican who voted for Bush 04, McCain 08, and Romney 12, I am so utterly disgusted and embarrassed of my party for nominating Trump.  This election has been so depressing.  Trump is going to do to latinos and young voters what Goldwater's nomination did to black voters: alienate those voters from the GOP indefinitely.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 07:35:19 PM »

As a lifelong conservative Republican who voted for Bush 04, McCain 08, and Romney 12, I am so utterly disgusted and embarrassed of my party for nominating Trump.  This election has been so depressing.  Trump is going to do to latinos and young voters what Goldwater's nomination did to black voters: alienate those voters from the GOP indefinitely.
lol at the myth that the GOP lost black voters because of Goldwater and not FDR.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 07:39:24 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2016, 07:41:46 PM by ProudModerate2 »

If you are not a "poorly educated" white and support trump .... this is how you will be treated by his people and followers.
You stand out like the lone black sheep in a flock of white sheep. They don't care about you .... they don't want you with them. You are just a rapist, a thug, or a troublemaker to them.
Wake up !
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 07:41:06 PM »

Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/08/22/i-was-a-donald-trump-supporter-then-i-got-booted-from-his-rally/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.4a664f2572d5

"I'm still a Republican, but I can't vote for Donald Trump after that way I was treated. How can I support a candidate who won’t even let me into his rallies? Here I am, a young, mixed-raced individual who wholeheartedly supported Trump, only to be rejected and ejected. I understand that Trump did not do this to me, but everything his campaign does reflects on him."

Nice job leaving out who he is going to vote for: Gary Johnson.

"Jake Anantha says he thinks he’ll vote for Libertarian Gary Johnson."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article96648367.html#storylink=cpy
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 07:44:09 PM »

Muahaha. It seems like a set-up. He "poured a lot of energy doing research", but didn't figure out that Trump's playing chess by appeling to racists among others. Give me a break... And then WaPo gives him that...

Yeah, Indian-American is either fake or dumb Evil
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 07:48:33 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2016, 07:58:44 PM by Arch »

Nice job leaving out who he is going to vote for: Gary Johnson.

"Jake Anantha says he thinks he’ll vote for Libertarian Gary Johnson."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article96648367.html#storylink=cpy

Implying that's the point of the thread or that I'm somehow obfuscating facts. Who he's voting for given the events that took place is not the issue at hand, but rather the events and their larger implications on Trump's campaign and the GOP's future. Could we stay on subject?

This man, who fervently supported Trump, was kicked out of his candidate's rally because of the color of his skin. That is disgusting, vile, obscene even. This should have no place in our country. How will future voters from recent generations that are overwhelming more minority-driven and inclusive look back at this? Shame on anyone who supports this, either tacitly or explicitly.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 07:50:52 PM »

If you are not a "poorly educated" white and support trump .... this is how you will be treated by his people and followers.
You stand out like the lone black sheep in a flock of white sheep. They don't care about you .... they don't want you with them. You are just a rapist, a thug, or a troublemaker to them.
Wake up !

Can't help like you Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 08:52:22 PM »

lol at the myth that the GOP lost black voters because of Goldwater and not FDR.

Richard Nixon got 30% of the black vote in 1960. Do the math.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 09:04:43 PM »

That isn't exactly a strong number and it doesn't address the myth that the GOP was ever truly competitive with black voters post FDR. Eisenhower was the peak when he won 39%.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 09:07:42 PM »

That isn't exactly a strong number and it doesn't address the myth that the GOP was ever truly competitive with black voters post FDR. Eisenhower was the peak when he won 39%.

So if you don't fight to (near) parity for a certain demographic group you abandon it completely.
The Democrats thank you.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 09:12:37 PM »

So if you don't fight to (near) parity for a certain demographic group you abandon it completely.
The Democrats thank you.
No? I'm a huge proponent of the GOP reaching out to black voters, and Trump's populist message would have great appeal to many black voters (who are the biggest victims of illegal immigration's ill effects) if he wasn't so loud, obnoxious, and condescending. Not to mention his silence on criminal justice reform, insistence on siding with law enforcement in all controversial situations, and his use of the phrase "all lives matter."

I'm just noting that the GOP lost the black vote long before Goldwater came around, and the War on Drugs and other explicitly anti-black measures taken by our party (which of course the #NeverTrump Romney/Rubio/Cruz/Bush factions of the GOP implemented, supported and still support) have not made up the deficit.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 03:42:31 AM »

The Democrats thank you.
No? I'm a huge proponent of the GOP reaching out to black voters, and Trump's populist message would have great appeal to many black voters (who are the biggest victims of illegal immigration's ill effects) if he wasn't so loud, obnoxious, and condescending. Not to mention his silence on criminal justice reform, insistence on siding with law enforcement in all controversial situations, and his use of the phrase "all lives matter."

I'm just noting that the GOP lost the black vote long before Goldwater came around, and the War on Drugs and other explicitly anti-black measures taken by our party (which of course the #NeverTrump Romney/Rubio/Cruz/Bush factions of the GOP implemented, supported and still support) have not made up the deficit.

You're making no sense. The Republicans were competitive among black voters during the 50s and early 60s. Post-Goldwater they never were.

But I guess you would find a Republican collapse among Hispanic voters from the Bush figures of 40% down to 10% totally inconsequential as well?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies