Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:51:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement)  (Read 5567 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 12:35:47 PM »

Endorsed!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 01:03:19 PM »

Endorsed
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 02:03:15 PM »

Endorsed of course. Can't wait to get reelected together and serve another four months!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 11:50:01 PM »

Endorsed of course. Can't wait to get reelected together and serve another four months!

Thank you all!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 11:11:32 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2017, 11:17:05 PM by Senator Scott »

Senator Scott addresses a townhall in Keene, New Hampshire

Friends, in just over twenty four hours people in Lincoln and across this nation will head to the polls and make their voices heard, as we select who will represent us in the sixth session of Congress.  Though I currently appear to be running unopposed for another term as Lincoln's Senator, I did not want to pass up an opportunity to speak directly to the people of Lincoln before they cast their votes and answer questions if necessary.

First, I would like to congratulate my friend SJoyce on his stunning win in the South this past weekend, as he will be the first ever Labor senator to represent the ten original states of that region.  Should I be reelected as your Senator this weekend, I very much look forward to working with Senator-elect SJoyce particularly on the issues of childcare and universal pre-k, two things that Labor will work diligently toward if we win control of the House of Representatives and retain our new majority in the Senate.

If I am reelected, I will continue working with the current administration and Congressional members of both parties in pursuing universal health care while simultaneously lowering the cost of care in the Republic of Atlasia.  Next session, Senator R2D2 and myself will also be pushing legislation to provide much needed federal aid to Flint, Michigan, where residents continue to struggle in the aftermath of massive lead contamination.  Though Flint has seemingly become a blip in our news media, the challenges facing this city continue to be fresh in the minds of Flint families.  The Flint Reinvestment Act will direct funds to the city for the repair of infrastructure as well as economic stimulus and long-term care for those that were exposed to lead-contaminated water.

During the next session, I would also like to propose what shall be a major expansion of our existing AtlasiaCorps program, in order to promote public service and rein in student debt by increasing aid payout to volunteers.  This plan would be based on an older proposal outlined by Hillary Clinton in her 2016 campaign to expand service opportunities and reward those who volunteer their time and energy to jobs from disaster response to academic support in our public schools.

With that, I urge all the people of Lincoln to get to the polls this weekend.  Thank you, and I hope to have your support.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 11:46:29 PM »

Endorsed! Smiley
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2017, 12:15:08 AM »

You're the Senator that the Lincoln regions needs. Endorsed!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2017, 12:34:57 AM »

Endorsed Cheesy
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 12:48:11 AM »

Absolutely Delighted to Endorse you, Senator Scott. Cheesy

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 09:12:31 PM »

Endorsed!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 09:14:25 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2017, 03:50:29 AM »

It appears we're victorious!

Thank you to all the people who have supported or endorsed my campaign, including the Speaker and President. Smiley  I would also like to congratulate Senator-elect Ted on his win in Fremont.

Thank you to cynic for his last-minute write-in campaign for giving the people of Lincoln a real opportunity to express who they want representing them in this important election, and helping to inspire competitive elections across our nation.

As of midnight tonight, I remain your senator but I no longer occupy the office of National Archivist.  As I step down from this position, I look forward to knowing the President's choice for my successor, whose qualifications and plans going forward will be looked at during the Senate hearing.

Thank you all!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2017, 04:13:22 AM »

Congrats, Scott. Smiley
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2017, 10:18:45 PM »

Congrats on your well-earned Senate victory.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2017, 10:22:44 PM »

You're one of the good ones.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2017, 10:26:09 PM »

The Chuck Schumer of Atlasia.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2017, 10:42:56 PM »

Congratulations, Senator!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2017, 11:00:53 PM »

Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »

Congratulations on your re-election, Mr Senator. Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2017, 05:24:28 PM »

Congrats on your re-election Scott!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2017, 02:12:19 PM »

Brief announcement: I am pleased to announce that I will be moderating a debate between incumbent Governor Mike Wells, who is currently seeking election to a third term, and challenger Kingpoleon, who recently announced his second run for the office.  The debate will take place Friday night at the University of Notre Dame in Notre Dame, Indiana.  All Lincolnians are encouraged to watch as well as submit questions via PM that you would like asked at the debate.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE

(I would also like to again formally endorse my colleague, Senator R2D2, in his reelection bid this month.)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2017, 10:57:22 AM »

I encourage all eligible Lincoln citizens to vote this weekend if they haven't yet.  It was a pleasure to moderate a great debate between Governor Wells and Kingpoleon, which may be seen here.

Today I cast my ballot for Governor Mike Wells and Senator R2D2, as well as Delegates Lt.G JGibson, lok1999, and kyc0705.  Our Assembly is expected to be reduced to three members at the end of the election.  I urge those who have not yet voted to cast their ballots for these five great statesmen, and to vote yes on both constitutional amendments up for ratification this weekend.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2017, 01:34:07 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2017, 01:41:24 AM by Senator Scott »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE --

Reaction to election results

First, I would like to congratulate all those who were elected or reelected - particularly my good friends Senator R2D2, Governor Mike Wells, Representative-elect fhtagn, Senator-elect Barnes, and of course, President dfwlibertylover.  I look forward to working with these people and more as long as I am a senator, as well as the elected Delegates to our Assembly.

I would also like to congratulate Clyde and Siren for the progress they made in this election, and I hope they stick around in this game for time to come.

To my Labor friends who are in despair tonight, I encourage them to keep fighting for our values.  While the Federalists retained the presidency and the House of Representatives this election, Labor won its first official majority in the Senate post-reset.

As I saw the results come in this weekend, I carefully considered what I would do over the next two months of my term.  I very much enjoy being this region's senator and being part of many great debates and bills, and that is why tonight I would like to declare my intention to run for another term as Lincoln's senator.

What is less clear, for me, is how I can better use my influence in the Senate.  I am considering a run for PPT at the beginning of the next session so that Labor can use its Senate majority to effectively push essential reforms such as universal health care and Pre-K.  At the same time, I do not seek to wield power for partisan gain; I am first and foremost an independent thinker, and I have great working relationships with people of both parties in the game, including Senator PiT, who is playing a vital role in the development of our bipartisan health care plan.

But we must move faster, and I will be weighing my options over the coming weeks.  But I can assure the citizens of Lincoln that I will continue to be an active voice for our great region in the Senate.  As its most senior member, I feel that Lincoln is getting the representation it deserves, and that's why I'm asking for the continued support of our citizens as we enter the next midterms (which are never too early to look towards!).

Thank you.

Scott
Lincoln Senator
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2017, 02:12:10 PM »

Endorsed for re-election, of course. Also endorsed for PPT if you do decide to run for that post Wink
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2017, 03:01:33 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2017, 03:38:14 PM by Senator Scott »

I have decided that I will, in fact, be running for PPT at the start of the next session.  While my colleague, PiT, has done a commendable job in his current role, I feel that a change of positions at this point in time would be healthy for the Senate and for the game as a whole.  One specific change I will be making as PPT will be reintroduction of the "Yankee Rule" - in which a sponsor must advocate for his or her bill on the floor of the Senate no more than 48 hours after a bill is introduced, or else the bill will be motioned for tabling (unless, of course, the sponsor is on LOA).  I would also like to bring healthcare back to the table (the original healthcare bill has been on the Senate floor since December and has been put on hold for the last couple months) and work with Senator SJoyce to make universal Pre-K a reality.

I hope I have earned the trust and confidence of my Senate colleagues to take on this new challenge in the months ahead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies