Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2017, 08:17:06 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | |-+  Office of Lincoln Senator/President Pro-Tempore Scott (Reelection)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Office of Lincoln Senator/President Pro-Tempore Scott (Reelection)  (Read 2212 times)
JustinTimeCuber
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2017, 03:08:51 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed

Rubik's Cube speedsolver (world rank: 496, US rank: 121 as of 7/21)

JustinTimeCuber, Labor-MO

S. Delegate, March - July 2017
Dean of the CoD, June - July 2017
Acting Southern Speaker, June - July 2017

Join the campaign!

Twitter
People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2017, 09:21:19 pm »
Ignore

Actually it is 24 hours for sponsors. Always has been. Tongue

And now I have been trying my hand at forcing the rest of the members to respond within the next 48 hours after that, but with mixed results.

The hardest part is the enforcement mechanism. The former, you can threaten to table the sponsor's bill, the latter it is much harder to grab them by the neck and kick them in the... if they don't respond.

People's Speaker of the Atlasian House of Representatives

Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.40

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2017, 09:41:50 pm »
Ignore

Noted. Grin

And now I have been trying my hand at forcing the rest of the members to respond within the next 48 hours after that, but with mixed results.

The hardest part is the enforcement mechanism. The former, you can threaten to table the sponsor's bill, the latter it is much harder to grab them by the neck and kick them in the... if they don't respond.

Getting every member to comment on legislation is a much harder task.  I myself will refrain from commenting on legislation for a few days unless I have a question or an amendment, because simply posting "I support this" doesn't really help generate discussion.  Based on what I've seen, debate is a bit more substantive in the Senate than it is in the House, partly because we have fewer members.

I fear that too much of the passion in this game is invested in personality politics and election drama than it is in the policy aspect of the game.  Some people might like that.  I don't.  But I think it's why we lose so many great players at the end of every election.  Nobody likes drama and it's absurd to get hurt feelings from something that was meant to be fun.

Prime Minister Truman
Harry S Truman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2017, 09:58:30 pm »
Ignore

I can't vote to make you PPT, sadly, but I would if I could; you clearly possess the drive and initiative necessary to excel in this position.

I fear that too much of the passion in this game is invested in personality politics and election drama than it is in the policy aspect of the game.  Some people might like that.  I don't.  But I think it's why we lose so many great players at the end of every election.  Nobody likes drama and it's absurd to get hurt feelings from something that was meant to be fun.
This a thousand times. People tend to laugh it off, especially when they're the ones instigating / benefiting from said drama, but such antics absolutely propel good players towards retirement and detract from the game as a whole.

People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2017, 10:15:08 pm »
Ignore

I can't vote to make you PPT, sadly, but I would if I could; you clearly possess the drive and initiative necessary to excel in this position.

This a thousand times. People tend to laugh it off, especially when they're the ones instigating / benefiting from said drama, but such antics absolutely propel good players towards retirement and detract from the game as a whole.

There was even a brief moment where I contemplated deregistering and I don't think that ever happened before. I don't think even in early 2015 when thinks looked bleak.

Noted. Grin

Getting every member to comment on legislation is a much harder task.  I myself will refrain from commenting on legislation for a few days unless I have a question or an amendment, because simply posting "I support this" doesn't really help generate discussion.  Based on what I've seen, debate is a bit more substantive in the Senate than it is in the House, partly because we have fewer members.

At least with "I support this" you are less likely to get blindsided by the vote and you have more of a chance to address concerns, before it is too late.

People's Speaker of the Atlasian House of Representatives

Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2017, 05:46:54 pm »
Ignore

Scott Addresses Supporters in Flint, Michigan

I decided to formally kick off my reelection campaign in this city of Flint: a city devastated by the effects of contaminated drinking water, which has caused the exposure of thousands of residents to disease, as well as lead poisoning.  It is a problem that still very much exists today.  Although mainstream news outlets have sadly forgotten about the people of Flint and the enduring challenges they face each day, people here know the great work that's being done by communities to help ailing families and to rebuild needed infrastructure.  Just in May, a Michigan-based construction company owned by residents of Flint took initiative in replacing 18,0000 corroded residential water pipes in the city.  This represents the true spirit of Flint, that it can prevail in the face of tragedy and adversity.

Last month, the President signed the Flint Reinvestment Act, a bill sponsored by Senator R2D2 and myself to provide long-term care for Flint which includes infrastructure repair, health monitoring for those exposed to lead and disease, improved education, and economic development.  Now is time for the legislature to act.  And I call on all members of our region's government to do just that.

The Flint Reinvestment Act is one of my proudest accomplishments this session.  Now we're on the verge of expanding and lowering the cost of healthcare for millions of Atlasians.  As President Pro-Tempore of the Senate, I am proud that we will, in this session, finish what has been under development for nearly a year.

During my (almost full year) in the Senate, we've accomplished a great deal for Lincoln and the Atlasian people, on issues ranging from drug and criminal justice reform, to drug policy reform, to health care, education, and beyond.  And that's why I am asking for your support this August.

I've been a consistent resident of Lincoln since I rejoined this game post-reset.  I have been advocating and helping to implement the same social democratic reforms we enjoyed prior to the reset.  My opponent in this race, strangely, declared his intention to run for Senate exactly one minute after changing regions.  Now Lincoln needs a senator who has experience, someone who knows the people of this region.  While I'm sure Mr. LouisvilleThunder is a good man, he does not have the experience I believe is necessary for a senator, and he certainly doesn't know the people of Lincoln at heart.

With that said, I look forward to a clean campaign, and I hope to have the honor of earning another term as your senator.

Peebs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -6.43

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2017, 05:47:42 pm »
Ignore

I'll ask you what I asked your opponent last month: What if Quantum Leap still on TV?

Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2017, 05:50:30 pm »
Ignore

I'll ask you what I asked your opponent last month: What if Quantum Leap still on TV?

I've never seen it in my life.

Peebs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -6.43

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2017, 06:16:48 pm »
Ignore

Deeply Disturbing™. I'll probably endorse you anyway because even though I'm unable to vote, I'm sure hell will be unleashed on me if I do otherwise. Also, we agree on other issues.

Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2017, 08:17:02 pm »
Ignore

Deeply Disturbing™. I'll probably endorse you anyway because even though I'm unable to vote, I'm sure hell will be unleashed on me if I do otherwise. Also, we agree on other issues.

Thank you, Madam Peebs!

Prime Minister Truman
Harry S Truman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2017, 08:20:07 pm »
Ignore

Proudly endorsed. Scott is arguably the most competent man in the Senate today, and God knows we need more of him. Don't screw this up, Lincolnians.

Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2017, 08:27:12 pm »
Ignore

Proudly endorsed. Scott is arguably the most competent man in the Senate today, and God knows we need more of him. Don't screw this up, Lincolnians.

Thank you very much, Prime Minister. Smiley

JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2017, 08:55:15 pm »
Ignore

Proudly endorsed for re-election.
Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2017, 09:30:16 pm »
Ignore

Proudly endorsed for re-election.

Thank you, Congressman!

Senator R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.13

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2017, 09:54:00 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed, of course. Senate homies for life.

Lincoln Speaker Lok
lok1999
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2017, 07:12:38 am »
Ignore

Endorsed! we need to keep the one with the experience and knowledge of the region and the processes.

A Liberal LGBT in one of the most pro LGBT cities in the country.

The Room is by far, hands down the best worst film ever made.
Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2017, 06:49:11 am »
Ignore

Endorsed, of course. Senate homies for life.
Endorsed! we need to keep the one with the experience and knowledge of the region and the processes.

Thank you both!

Governor Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2017, 06:26:30 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed. Scott's been a great Senator and he's a great guy.

fhtagn
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2017, 10:22:39 pm »
Ignore

You've done a wonderful job in the Senate and as PPT. We agree on many important issues, you have best interests of Lincoln at heart, experience that cannot be questioned, and I look forward to seeing the good work continue!

Endorsed Smiley

FF, but #FhtagnLiedAndTheProletariatDied.
00:56 <PiT1> fhtagn is basically the female William F. Buckley now
00:56 <Leinad> William Fhtgan Buckley
Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2017, 10:36:21 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed. Scott's been a great Senator and he's a great guy.

Thank you, Governor!

You've done a wonderful job in the Senate and as PPT. We agree on many important issues, you have best interests of Lincoln at heart, experience that cannot be questioned, and I look forward to seeing the good work continue!

Endorsed Smiley

Thank you, Congresswoman!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout