Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:37:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement)  (Read 5612 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 27, 2016, 11:59:55 PM »

Was that "Not Good" the intentional use of a Trumpism or was it just coincidental? Tongue

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 10:08:57 PM »

Was that "Not Good" the intentional use of a Trumpism or was it just coincidental? Tongue

I've been using a lot of Trumpisms this year.  I know, Sad!

I, Extremely Crazy, Eternal senator NC Yankee, call for a complete and total shutdown of all activities by Senator Scott, until we can find out, what the hell is going on!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 04:59:21 AM »

This issue has been troubling me for some weeks and I have been developing a growing fear that we will likely end up the equivalent (relative to the status quo) of the 2012 Healthcare law. That is improving the existing system but missing the boat on some key problems.

The Co-ops and Medicare Buy in are good ideas, don't get me wrong. However, I must say that the continued piecemeal approach to health insurance (I think this is like 33%) and complete failures to address delivery, Shortages of supply (both physicians and facilities), integrating and revolutionizing technology both in medicine, delivery and support systems, and of course Liability costs, will hamper the improvements and leave us needing to reform again down the road.

Not saying we shouldn't proceed with these improvements to at least move the ball down the court, just that we need to be mindful of reality of the situation, and (assuming we have realistic forecasts, which with the reset I have every expectation of), we will realize just how large the basketball court is.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 12:48:11 AM »

Absolutely Delighted to Endorse you, Senator Scott. Cheesy

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 04:13:22 AM »

Congrats, Scott. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 09:21:19 PM »

Actually it is 24 hours for sponsors. Always has been. Tongue

And now I have been trying my hand at forcing the rest of the members to respond within the next 48 hours after that, but with mixed results.

The hardest part is the enforcement mechanism. The former, you can threaten to table the sponsor's bill, the latter it is much harder to grab them by the neck and kick them in the... if they don't respond.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 10:15:08 PM »

I can't vote to make you PPT, sadly, but I would if I could; you clearly possess the drive and initiative necessary to excel in this position.

I fear that too much of the passion in this game is invested in personality politics and election drama than it is in the policy aspect of the game.  Some people might like that.  I don't.  But I think it's why we lose so many great players at the end of every election.  Nobody likes drama and it's absurd to get hurt feelings from something that was meant to be fun.
This a thousand times. People tend to laugh it off, especially when they're the ones instigating / benefiting from said drama, but such antics absolutely propel good players towards retirement and detract from the game as a whole.

There was even a brief moment where I contemplated deregistering and I don't think that ever happened before. I don't think even in early 2015 when thinks looked bleak.

Actually it is 24 hours for sponsors. Always has been. Tongue

Noted. Grin

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Getting every member to comment on legislation is a much harder task.  I myself will refrain from commenting on legislation for a few days unless I have a question or an amendment, because simply posting "I support this" doesn't really help generate discussion.  Based on what I've seen, debate is a bit more substantive in the Senate than it is in the House, partly because we have fewer members.

I fear that too much of the passion in this game is invested in personality politics and election drama than it is in the policy aspect of the game.  Some people might like that.  I don't.  But I think it's why we lose so many great players at the end of every election.  Nobody likes drama and it's absurd to get hurt feelings from something that was meant to be fun.

At least with "I support this" you are less likely to get blindsided by the vote and you have more of a chance to address concerns, before it is too late.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies