John Oliver makes the Trump bit to end all Trump bits.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:16:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  John Oliver makes the Trump bit to end all Trump bits.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Oliver makes the Trump bit to end all Trump bits.  (Read 1061 times)
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2016, 10:42:58 PM »
« edited: August 24, 2016, 03:59:29 AM by Dabeav »

This is better than the whole Drumpf bit...it's just so perfect and absolutely what Donald should do at this point:

Fixed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oHXy1pmYew
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 11:36:50 PM »

He's not funny.
And this idea that Trump's campaign will have turned out to be a joke the whole time is the height of liberal fantasy.  They can't accept that people actually agree with Trump or like him.
Desroko
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 11:37:41 PM »

He's not funny.
And this idea that Trump's campaign will have turned out to be a joke the whole time is the height of liberal fantasy.  They can't accept that people actually agree with Trump or like him.

I accept that some people agree with Trump and like him, but that doesn't mean he's not a joke. People like Dane Cook, Nickelback, and McDonald's.

Edit: That said, these "John Oliver DESTROYED/EVISCERTAED/ANNIHILATED Person X" things got old really fast. 
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:38:26 PM »

And this idea that Trump's campaign will have turned out to be a joke the whole time is the height of liberal fantasy.  They can't accept that people actually agree with Trump or like him.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 11:39:58 PM »

He's not funny.
Trump derangement syndrome is a thing. Fortunately, John Oliver is probably less influential than Larry Wilmore and anyone who finds this video funny isn't going to vote for Trump anyway.

BTW, I love Oliver. I think he is (usually) funny and this bit wasn't bad at all, but this odd belief that people like Oliver, Jon Stewart, or Trevor Noah have any influence or pull at all is very, very annoying.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 12:19:20 AM »

He's not funny.
Trump derangement syndrome is a thing. Fortunately, John Oliver is probably less influential than Larry Wilmore and anyone who finds this video funny isn't going to vote for Trump anyway.

BTW, I love Oliver. I think he is (usually) funny and this bit wasn't bad at all, but this odd belief that people like Oliver, Jon Stewart, or Trevor Noah have any influence or pull at all is very, very annoying.

Uh, Larry Wilmore doesn't even have a show anymore.  And he wanted to play the race card...against another black person (Trevor Noah).  Hopefully it was just to be ironic/funny.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 12:20:51 AM »

He's not funny.

Uh, Larry Wilmore doesn't even have a show anymore.  And he wanted to play the race card...against another black person (Trevor Noah).  Hopefully it was just to be ironic/funny.
For someone who seems to really follow these mediocre political comedy shows, that joke sure flew over your head.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 12:23:12 AM »

He's not funny.

I'm not a liberal and I can't believe people take him seriously either.  If he did what Oliver said in the video, he would be a hero.  Instead he might president and worse than Bush or Obama if he somehow comes back and wins (doubtful).  Also, selfishly, I would love to have the race between Johnson and Clinton because Johnson would win easily.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 12:24:42 AM »

He's not funny.

For someone who seems to really follow these mediocre political comedy shows, that joke sure flew over your head.

Well obviously your comedy is second-rate to all three of these gentlemen.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 12:28:43 AM »

He's not funny.

Well obviously your comedy is second-rate to all three of these gentlemen.
I never claimed to be George Carlin.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 12:30:33 AM »

I thought it was good.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 12:40:26 AM »

It was vastly superior to Drumpf, which was really, really, really lame, especially for John Oliver who usually is among the best.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 08:09:37 AM »

He's not funny.

It's more that we find it difficult to believe how many voters are willing to thrown their support to a fictional character from "reality" TV. (That the fictional character is both foolish and evil only adds to the confusion.)
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 08:19:14 AM »
« Edited: August 23, 2016, 08:24:14 AM by The Advocate »

He's not funny.
And this idea that Trump's campaign will have turned out to be a joke the whole time is the height of liberal fantasy.  They can't accept that people actually agree with Trump or like him.

You're not wrong that that is the height of liberal fantasy. Trump is serious in what he says - as are his supporters. All these rumors about him being a Democratic plant are laughable. He's just a raging bigoted blowhard with a failed business record and whose sole popularity resulted from saying "you're fired!" on a forgettable reality TV show. Trump is simply the spokesperson for the lowest common denominator, comprised primarily of privileged, angry, tinfoil hat wearing White men delusionally grasping to retake power from *those* people.

Trump is Alex Jones with a business suit and a combover.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 08:39:59 AM »

It's a funny sketch that makes very good points (as always with John Oliver) but it's ridiculous to think it will have any impact.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 12:28:22 AM »

It was vastly superior to Drumpf, which was really, really, really lame, especially for John Oliver who usually is among the best.

I actually thought the Drumpf episode itself was funny. It got way overplayed by others, though.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 01:31:21 AM »

Link has been removed due to copyright claims. Another source?
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 03:59:50 AM »

Link has been removed due to copyright claims. Another source?

Updated OP with new link (while it lasts)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies