John Oliver makes the Trump bit to end all Trump bits. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:15:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  John Oliver makes the Trump bit to end all Trump bits. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Oliver makes the Trump bit to end all Trump bits.  (Read 1098 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: August 22, 2016, 11:39:58 PM »

He's not funny.
And this idea that Trump's campaign will have turned out to be a joke the whole time is the height of liberal fantasy.  They can't accept that people actually agree with Trump or like him.
Trump derangement syndrome is a thing. Fortunately, John Oliver is probably less influential than Larry Wilmore and anyone who finds this video funny isn't going to vote for Trump anyway.

BTW, I love Oliver. I think he is (usually) funny and this bit wasn't bad at all, but this odd belief that people like Oliver, Jon Stewart, or Trevor Noah have any influence or pull at all is very, very annoying.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 12:20:51 AM »

He's not funny.
And this idea that Trump's campaign will have turned out to be a joke the whole time is the height of liberal fantasy.  They can't accept that people actually agree with Trump or like him.
Trump derangement syndrome is a thing. Fortunately, John Oliver is probably less influential than Larry Wilmore and anyone who finds this video funny isn't going to vote for Trump anyway.

BTW, I love Oliver. I think he is (usually) funny and this bit wasn't bad at all, but this odd belief that people like Oliver, Jon Stewart, or Trevor Noah have any influence or pull at all is very, very annoying.

Uh, Larry Wilmore doesn't even have a show anymore.  And he wanted to play the race card...against another black person (Trevor Noah).  Hopefully it was just to be ironic/funny.
For someone who seems to really follow these mediocre political comedy shows, that joke sure flew over your head.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 12:28:43 AM »

He's not funny.

Uh, Larry Wilmore doesn't even have a show anymore.  And he wanted to play the race card...against another black person (Trevor Noah).  Hopefully it was just to be ironic/funny.
For someone who seems to really follow these mediocre political comedy shows, that joke sure flew over your head.

Well obviously your comedy is second-rate to all three of these gentlemen.
I never claimed to be George Carlin.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 12:40:26 AM »

It was vastly superior to Drumpf, which was really, really, really lame, especially for John Oliver who usually is among the best.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies