Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:02:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die...  (Read 13183 times)
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2016, 06:57:29 PM »

As someone who worked in Immigration, I can tell you, a lot of the issues with immigration is race-based. People aren't really concerned about Canadian, British or Australian overstayers. You might be, but a lot aren't. Plus, the issue isn't also the issue, but the rhetoric used to get people excited. Opposing illegal immigration doesn't make you racist, but using inflammatory rhetoric that IS very much racially charged, does. It gets especially bad when you single out specific races/religions and flame stereotypes and permit hatred toward those people.

How about a little intellectual honesty on that front too?

I can understand that with the whole "they're taking our jobs" thing towards Mexican immigrants. I just think both sides get out of hand with rhetoric whether it's nationalists getting mad at Mexicans or sjws getting mad at people just for opposing illegal immigration or calling people who illegally immigrate 'illegal immigrants.'
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »

As someone who worked in Immigration, I can tell you, a lot of the issues with immigration is race-based. People aren't really concerned about Canadian, British or Australian overstayers. You might be, but a lot aren't. Plus, the issue isn't also the issue, but the rhetoric used to get people excited. Opposing illegal immigration doesn't make you racist, but using inflammatory rhetoric that IS very much racially charged, does. It gets especially bad when you single out specific races/religions and flame stereotypes and permit hatred toward those people.

They reporters asked some Trump supporters at one of his rallies if they are bothered by the fact that Melania might be an illegal immigrant.
They overwhelmingly responded "no, because she is white".
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2016, 07:05:20 PM »

I can understand that with the whole "they're taking our jobs" thing towards Mexican immigrants. I just think both sides get out of hand with rhetoric whether it's nationalists getting mad at Mexicans or sjws getting mad at people just for opposing illegal immigration or calling people who illegally immigrate 'illegal immigrants.'

I think your position is a little strawman-like. There isn't really an equivalence here beyond, yes, some people make sweeping statements about position on immigration versus quality as a person. BUT, this issue and this rhetoric is at the core of the Trump campaign, his surrogates, his campaign team and the candidate himself. Hillary isn't saying Trump is racist because of his position on illegal immigration, she's saying he's using racially-charged and racially-specific comments and has a long record of doing so, she's saying that angry core of his supporters and now his campaign team have made statements that are unabashedly racist. The Trump campaign's engine is the misplaced fear of the other, it is xenophobia at best and flat-out racist at worst.

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2016, 07:25:36 PM »

Bullsh**t. It is not about race, it is about what kind of people what come. Mexicans for USA are like Poles for UK.

It was exactly the same rhetoric in Brexit campaign. "They take our jobs. They don't want to assimilate into British culture. They are criminals. They don't want to learn English. They moonlight." Etc, etc. And Poles culturally are closer to Brits than Mexicans to Americans [I guess].

And I pretty damn sure that Sweden/Canada suddenly get poor and "invade" UK/USA while acting the same as Poles/Mexicans, Brits/Americans would say the same about Swedes/Canadians as well. Even if Brits/Americans would be more "understandable" to Swedes/Canadians because of some historical and cultural similarities.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2016, 07:28:02 PM »

Bullsh**t. It is not about race, it is about what kind of people comes. Mexicans for USA are like Poles for UK.
It was exactly the same rhetoric in Brexit campaign. "They take our jobs. They don't want to assimilate into British culture. They are criminals. They don't want to learn English. They moonlight." Etc, etc. And Poles culturally are closer to Brits than Mexicans to Americans [I guess].

And I pretty damn sure that Sweden/Canada suddenly get poor and "invade" UK/USA while acting the same as Poles/Mexicans, Brits/Americans would say the same about Swedes/Canadians as well. Even if Brits/Americans would be more "understandable" to Swedes/Canadians because of some historical and cultural similarities.

You're aware that the each immigration situation is different? 

So you say my comment is bulls**t, then basically agree that cultural similarities means its easier to accept other illegal immigrants over others? 
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2016, 07:36:50 PM »

Bullsh**t. It is not about race, it is about what kind of people comes. Mexicans for USA are like Poles for UK.

You're aware that the each immigration situation is different? 

So you say my comment is bulls**t, then basically agree that cultural similarities means its easier to accept other illegal immigrants over others? 
It has nothing to do with racism. I, for instance, don't like cultures where it is OK to mistreat women.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2016, 07:37:31 PM »

I am for the proposition that they should all be deported. I don't care about race, religion or creed. You either choose to obey our laws or you do not. If you do not respect our laws and overstay your visit, I do not want you to become part of society. I want you back home, attempting to come here legally instead of flouting our laws.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2016, 07:45:51 PM »

If TrumpMiller supporters are sincere in their honest desire to have a law-abiding and law-enforcing regime on immigration, their decision to back documented serial illegal-employer Trump only serves to make them look fools.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2016, 07:47:50 PM »

I am for the proposition that they should all be deported. I don't care about race, religion or creed. You either choose to obey our laws or you do not. If you do not respect our laws and overstay your visit, I do not want you to become part of society. I want you back home, attempting to come here legally instead of flouting our laws.

But your other trump-supporter brothers and sisters, do care what color they are.
I love it how Seriously just conveniently skipped-over and ignored this post :
The reporters asked some Trump supporters at one of his rallies if they are bothered by the fact that Melania might be an illegal immigrant.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2016, 07:54:39 PM »

This is one of the best titled threads in our forum's history.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2016, 07:56:15 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 07:59:40 PM by LittleBigPlanet »

But your other trump-supporter brothers and sisters, do care what color they are.
The reporters asked some Trump supporters at one of his rallies if they are bothered by the fact that Melania might be an illegal immigrant.
There are some. You seems to think they are majority of Trump voters. You don't like that racists generalize, but consistently do the same.

Seriously, I'm intrested in what share of Trump voters, Hillary hacks think, are racists.
There are almost 250 mln adults in USA. According to Gallup, 33% have a favorable view of Trump and presumably like his Immigration Politics. So 82.5 mln. How many of them are racists?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2016, 07:59:28 PM »

There are some. You seems to think they are majority of Trump voters.

Seriously, I'm intrested in what share of Trump voters, Hillary hacks think, are racists.
There are almost 250 mln adults in USA. According to Gallup, 33% has a favorable view of Trump and presumably like his Immigration Politics. So 82.5 mln. How many of them are racists?
Depends on how you define it. Almost every adult has implicit bias concerning other races. Is it a strict line of, "I think my race is superior to yours," or is it more, "crime's been rising in our neighborhood ever since they moved in...Honey, Ben Carson's on! He's such an articulate man!"
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2016, 08:08:10 PM »

There are some. You seems to think they are majority of Trump voters. You don't like that racists generalize, but consistently do the same.

There are almost 250 mln adults in USA. According to Gallup, 33% have a favorable view of Trump and presumably like his Immigration Politics. So 82.5 mln. How many of them are racists?

Voters =/= activists. Obviously people attending his ralliss or posting in his favour online are going to be more ... Hardcore In their beliefs thAn the casual voter.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2016, 08:25:34 PM »

There are some. You seems to think they are majority of Trump voters.

There are almost 250 mln adults in USA. According to Gallup, 33% has a favorable view of Trump and presumably like his Immigration Politics. So 82.5 mln. How many of them are racists?
Depends on how you define it. Almost every adult has implicit bias concerning other races. Is it a strict line of, "I think my race is superior to yours," or is it more, "crime's been rising in our neighborhood ever since they moved in...Honey, Ben Carson's on! He's such an articulate man!"
Up to you. Define in you way and tell me how big share of Trump voters fits your definition.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2016, 08:28:10 PM »

Voters =/= activists. Obviously people attending his ralliss or posting in his favour online are going to be more ... Hardcore In their beliefs thAn the casual voter.
Probably. Why is "rally voter" is so important?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2016, 07:21:18 AM »

We know a significant share of Republican voters are openly racist and Trump probably did very well in that demographic.

The point with Trump is that there is little to no reason to support him beyond shades of racism and fascism. He's not offering solutions to any problems, no coherent ideology or principled conservatism. He doesn't stand for family values, a secure and strong America, free markets or small government.

Anyone enthusiastically supporting him must care about something other than all those things and it's hard to escape the conclusion that it is the one thing he does champion in a unique way - racial hatred and persecution of non-white minorities.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2016, 09:08:42 AM »

We know a significant share of Republican voters are openly racist and Trump probably did very well in that demographic.

The point with Trump is that there is little to no reason to support him beyond shades of racism and fascism. He's not offering solutions to any problems, no coherent ideology or principled conservatism. He doesn't stand for family values, a secure and strong America, free markets or small government.

Anyone enthusiastically supporting him must care about something other than all those things and it's hard to escape the conclusion that it is the one thing he does champion in a unique way - racial hatred and persecution of non-white minorities.

To be fair to TrumpMiller, he's also doing a good job carrying the anti-science, pro-ignorance banner at the front of the GOP parade. (That's not a completely overlapping set with racism and bigotry.)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2016, 12:25:11 PM »

Sources for Claims in Speech (facts!):

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/yes-donald-trump-really-said-all-those-hateful-bigoted-things-hillary-clinton-called-out/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=fb&utm_campaign=20160824feed_bigot
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2016, 12:37:38 PM »

Trump denies existence of Alt Right - "Nobody even knows what it is!"

Of course he gets a little jab in with "she certainly doesn't know!".
Krago
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2016, 08:55:14 PM »

I thought he lived under a bridge.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2016, 09:08:03 PM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star