Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:07:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die...  (Read 13541 times)
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« on: August 25, 2016, 06:09:28 PM »

The hackery on this forum is real. I doubt Seriously is some edgy alt right racist but you guys love using him as that "stupid bigoted trump supporter" punching bag. Also, simply opposing illegal immigration doesn't make you a racist. I think mass deportations which Trump happens to be flip flopping on are ineffective, but it's not outright racist when hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants are Chinese, Russian, Indian, or of other Latin American countries. There's numerous reasons to oppose Trump but this forum doesn't need to be some echo chamber for the Hillary Clinton cheerleading squad. We should try to be intellectually honest on issues we agree and disagree with.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 06:40:26 PM »

The hackery on this forum is real. I doubt Seriously is some edgy alt right racist but you guys love using him as that "stupid bigoted trump supporter" punching bag. Also, simply opposing illegal immigration doesn't make you a racist. I think mass deportations which Trump happens to be flip flopping on are ineffective, but it's not outright racist when hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants are Chinese, Russian, Indian, or of other Latin American countries. There's numerous reasons to oppose Trump but this forum doesn't need to be some echo chamber for the Hillary Clinton cheerleading squad. We should try to be intellectually honest on issues we agree and disagree with.

Lol, like that is the only reason Trump supporters are called racists.

Plenty of Trump supporters get called racist for legitimate reasons, but I've been called racist for opposing a pathway to citizenship, even though illegal immigration is a legal issue and not a racial issue. Or if you call somebody who illegally immigrates the term 'illegal immigrant', you might be called racist for that too. I get that plenty of stupid Trump supporters provide ammo for them to be called racist, however, it seems like some on the left overuse the term 'racist' at this point in a form of race baiting that ultimately degrades the power of the word 'racist' as it's used less legitimately.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 06:57:29 PM »

As someone who worked in Immigration, I can tell you, a lot of the issues with immigration is race-based. People aren't really concerned about Canadian, British or Australian overstayers. You might be, but a lot aren't. Plus, the issue isn't also the issue, but the rhetoric used to get people excited. Opposing illegal immigration doesn't make you racist, but using inflammatory rhetoric that IS very much racially charged, does. It gets especially bad when you single out specific races/religions and flame stereotypes and permit hatred toward those people.

How about a little intellectual honesty on that front too?

I can understand that with the whole "they're taking our jobs" thing towards Mexican immigrants. I just think both sides get out of hand with rhetoric whether it's nationalists getting mad at Mexicans or sjws getting mad at people just for opposing illegal immigration or calling people who illegally immigrate 'illegal immigrants.'
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies