Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:42:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die...  (Read 13516 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: August 23, 2016, 06:24:07 PM »

A white person claiming colourblindness is one of the most ignorant, tone deaf, and ridiculously self-congratulatory things I can think of.

This is more ed up than anything seriously has written in this thread.
Nothing wrong wth the post.  You post so much sh**t that you have no room to talk.

Look who's talking.
The same is said of yourself.

So you admit you are a bad poster?
Eh, some think I am, just like you.  Only difference, the people who think that for me are usually sh**t tier themselves, so really doesn't matter.  For you, many more think this. 

If you admit you are a bad poster than you have no business lecturing others I'm afraid...

Probably better than thinking you're a good poster and, well... not be.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:45:22 AM »

The problem with the alt-right is their nihilism and their stupid memes. Otherwise, they're just fine.

Something tells me you own a copy of Mein Kampf.
Is that bad?

... ah ha? Do go on.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 06:50:10 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 06:52:40 PM by Fmr President & Senator Polnut »

As someone who worked in Immigration, I can tell you, a lot of the issues with immigration is race-based. People aren't really concerned about Canadian, British or Australian overstayers. You might be, but a lot aren't. Plus, the issue isn't also the issue, but the rhetoric used to get people excited. Opposing illegal immigration doesn't make you racist, but using inflammatory rhetoric that IS very much racially charged, does. It gets especially bad when you single out specific races/religions and flame stereotypes and permit hatred toward those people.

How about a little intellectual honesty on that front too?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 07:05:20 PM »

As someone who worked in Immigration, I can tell you, a lot of the issues with immigration is race-based. People aren't really concerned about Canadian, British or Australian overstayers. You might be, but a lot aren't. Plus, the issue isn't also the issue, but the rhetoric used to get people excited. Opposing illegal immigration doesn't make you racist, but using inflammatory rhetoric that IS very much racially charged, does. It gets especially bad when you single out specific races/religions and flame stereotypes and permit hatred toward those people.

I can understand that with the whole "they're taking our jobs" thing towards Mexican immigrants. I just think both sides get out of hand with rhetoric whether it's nationalists getting mad at Mexicans or sjws getting mad at people just for opposing illegal immigration or calling people who illegally immigrate 'illegal immigrants.'

I think your position is a little strawman-like. There isn't really an equivalence here beyond, yes, some people make sweeping statements about position on immigration versus quality as a person. BUT, this issue and this rhetoric is at the core of the Trump campaign, his surrogates, his campaign team and the candidate himself. Hillary isn't saying Trump is racist because of his position on illegal immigration, she's saying he's using racially-charged and racially-specific comments and has a long record of doing so, she's saying that angry core of his supporters and now his campaign team have made statements that are unabashedly racist. The Trump campaign's engine is the misplaced fear of the other, it is xenophobia at best and flat-out racist at worst.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 07:28:02 PM »

Bullsh**t. It is not about race, it is about what kind of people comes. Mexicans for USA are like Poles for UK.
It was exactly the same rhetoric in Brexit campaign. "They take our jobs. They don't want to assimilate into British culture. They are criminals. They don't want to learn English. They moonlight." Etc, etc. And Poles culturally are closer to Brits than Mexicans to Americans [I guess].

And I pretty damn sure that Sweden/Canada suddenly get poor and "invade" UK/USA while acting the same as Poles/Mexicans, Brits/Americans would say the same about Swedes/Canadians as well. Even if Brits/Americans would be more "understandable" to Swedes/Canadians because of some historical and cultural similarities.

You're aware that the each immigration situation is different? 

So you say my comment is bulls**t, then basically agree that cultural similarities means its easier to accept other illegal immigrants over others? 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies