Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:03:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary shot the Trump Campaign in Reno, Just to watch it die...  (Read 13520 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: August 25, 2016, 04:55:25 PM »

So she actually used that hilariously corny 'make America hate again' line? Jesus Christ.

Only when Clinton rejects the support of the pseudo-revolutionary elements in the Black Lives Matter and other such assorted 'liberation' groupings should Trump reject the support of the silly clowns who call themselves the 'alt-right'.

If Clinton appointed a prominent BLM leader as her campaign manager you'd be halfway to a point. Too bad for you that's not the case.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 05:39:55 PM »

So she actually used that hilariously corny 'make America hate again' line? Jesus Christ.

Only when Clinton rejects the support of the pseudo-revolutionary elements in the Black Lives Matter and other such assorted 'liberation' groupings should Trump reject the support of the silly clowns who call themselves the 'alt-right'.

If Clinton appointed a prominent BLM leader as her campaign manager you'd be halfway to a point. Too bad for you that's not the case.

She invited a bunch of so-called 'mothers of the movement' onto the stage at the Democratic convention, and gave them speaking time - bearing in mind that at least on of these women was the mother of someone who was very much a violent criminal. Representatives of a movement whose basic goal is to neuter the police, upon whom the security of the state rests. Yeah, Clinton's giving succour to this... movement.

You could have just said "sorry, I was just spouting nonsense" in a more explicit way but I suppose this formulation made you feel better about it?

(and the horror of mothers daring to complain about their sons being gunned down by police! If you committed crimes like selling cigarettes without a permit the death penalty is only fair. If you're black, that is)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 06:06:29 PM »

She invited a bunch of so-called 'mothers of the movement' onto the stage at the Democratic convention, and gave them speaking time - bearing in mind that at least on of these women was the mother of someone who was very much a violent criminal. Representatives of a movement whose basic goal is to neuter the police, upon whom the security of the state rests. Yeah, Clinton's giving succour to this... movement.

If a bunch of mothers who lost their children to violence is a threat to you, then you are really fragile. Although, not as fragile as the UK economy after Brexit. Boom.

Well, our economy is basically in exactly the same position as it was prior to the vote to leave, and indeed the FTSE has actually returned to a level higher than that which it was at prior to June 23rd... and of course our economy is still in a better shape than those of many states who will be members for the foreseeable future so... and I'm not fragile, the fragile ones are the people who coo over a bunch of mothers whom, like almost the entirety of the human population, experienced the death of a close familial relation, and whom for that were used in a blatant pandering exercise by the Democratic party's presidential nominee.

You could have just said "sorry, I was just spouting nonsense" in a more explicit way but I suppose this formulation made you feel better about it?

(and the horror of mothers daring to complain about their sons being gunned down by police! If you committed crimes like selling cigarettes without a permit the death penalty is only fair. If you're black, that is)

Yeah I was referring to Michael Brown, the guy who robbed a shop and charged a police officer. A pretty bang to rights unsympathetic character. But yeah, enjoy attempting to bounce your wit off me, unfortunately I have no real talent for wit so you shan't be getting any snarky responses from me in turn, so you might as well not bother.

In a free and decent society being an unsympathetic character doesn't carry a death sentence. I was thinking of the unarmed man who got choked to death after selling cigarettes on the sidewalk. There are plenty of cases to pick from.

Even if you won this part of the argument you still wouldn't have a case of course but deep down I think you know that.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 07:21:18 AM »

We know a significant share of Republican voters are openly racist and Trump probably did very well in that demographic.

The point with Trump is that there is little to no reason to support him beyond shades of racism and fascism. He's not offering solutions to any problems, no coherent ideology or principled conservatism. He doesn't stand for family values, a secure and strong America, free markets or small government.

Anyone enthusiastically supporting him must care about something other than all those things and it's hard to escape the conclusion that it is the one thing he does champion in a unique way - racial hatred and persecution of non-white minorities.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies