Former FNC host sues; claims sexual harassment by Ailes, O'Reilly, Scott Brown
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:22:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Former FNC host sues; claims sexual harassment by Ailes, O'Reilly, Scott Brown
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former FNC host sues; claims sexual harassment by Ailes, O'Reilly, Scott Brown  (Read 1247 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:59:55 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/23/business/media/andrea-tantaros-of-fox-news-claims-retaliation-for-harassment-complaints.html?_r=0

Andrea Tantaros, an extremely conservative "commentator", filed a lawsuit against Fox News for sexual harassment, and says she was subjected to unwelcome advances from the likes of Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly.

She also claimed Scott Brown, yeah, that Scott Brown, groped her in the cafeteria.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have no respect for her as a journalist, but it turns out Fox News is filled with creeps. Who knew?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:41:26 AM »

Horrific, but not really surprising.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 11:08:23 AM »

It shows how little I watch Fox considering the fact that I thought Tanteros was still on the air.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 11:11:56 AM »

CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT: Does anyone think that the number of women suddenly coming forward at Fox has anything to do with Trump's threat to "spill the beans" on Ailes? I don't think Trump is running for President and trying to sabotage his own campaign in order to create Trump TV and hand the election to Hillary, but I do wonder if Trump is looking at destroying Fox News's monopoly among conservatives in order to give himself a potential post-election career that still keeps him politically relevant.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 11:40:57 AM »

To think these people wanted Bill Clinton's head on a platter because of a blowjob.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 11:46:19 AM »

Isn't sexual harassment a politically correct myth? Conservatives always have to learn the hard way that unfairness actually does exist and isn't something just made up by liberals. Karma and reality hurts.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 12:57:50 PM »

Isn't sexual harassment a politically correct myth? Conservatives always have to learn the hard way that unfairness actually does exist and isn't something just made up by liberals. Karma and reality hurts.

Uh, Conservatives were the ones sexually harassing women here. I think it makes perfect sense that they'd be denialists.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 01:14:16 PM »

CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT: Does anyone think that the number of women suddenly coming forward at Fox has anything to do with Trump's threat to "spill the beans" on Ailes? I don't think Trump is running for President and trying to sabotage his own campaign in order to create Trump TV and hand the election to Hillary, but I do wonder if Trump is looking at destroying Fox News's monopoly among conservatives in order to give himself a potential post-election career that still keeps him politically relevant.

isn't trump getting debate advice from Mr. Ailes?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 02:04:19 PM »

Well, sexual harassment is a recognized cause of action. I guess civil court judges are just a bunch of America-hating libruls...or maybe most (I'm sure there are true nuts who do see women as objects) conservatives do realize it is bad and FOX News just has a terrible workplace culture.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 03:39:00 PM »

Uh, Conservatives were the ones sexually harassing women here. I think it makes perfect sense that they'd be denialists.

My point is that she worked on a network pushing conservative views. Perhaps she's not a conservative and was just doing a job, but if she is then this is a realization for her that unfairness really does exist and isn't just made up.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 03:46:29 PM »

My point is that she worked on a network pushing conservative views. Perhaps she's not a conservative and was just doing a job, but if she is then this is a realization for her that unfairness really does exist and isn't just made up.

1. Just because she's mostly conservative doesn't mean she has to subscribe to the most inane conservative claims. It's worth noting that women on Fox News (Kelly most famously, but others too) have sometimes stood up against crass sexism on their own network and elsewhere. It comes across as a bit self-serving, of course, but an occasional ally is still an ally.

2. Even if she did believe all the sexist denialist bullsh*t, nobody deserves to be harassed and there is nothing to rejoice about.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 04:19:53 PM »

1. Just because she's mostly conservative doesn't mean she has to subscribe to the most inane conservative claims. It's worth noting that women on Fox News (Kelly most famously, but others too) have sometimes stood up against crass sexism on their own network and elsewhere. It comes across as a bit self-serving, of course, but an occasional ally is still an ally.

2. Even if she did believe all the sexist denialist bullsh*t, nobody deserves to be harassed and there is nothing to rejoice about.

I didn't say she deserved, those are your words, not mine. My point is that conservatives don't get reality until it hits them in the face.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 04:35:11 PM »

Generally that's what people mean when they invoke Karma.
hopper
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 12:36:39 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2016, 12:38:29 PM by hopper »

No she is a Conservative. She used to work for US Senator Pat Toomey(R-PA.) I don't think her political views have anything to do with her getting allegedly sexually harassed.
hopper
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 12:45:58 PM »

To think these people wanted Bill Clinton's head on a platter because of a blowjob.
I don't get what Bill Clinton has to do with this. I would agree with you though if Bill Clinton wasn't married to Hillary in 1998 who would care about a blowjob that he was getting at the White House but he is/was married to Hillary.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 01:46:57 PM »

I don't get what Bill Clinton has to do with this.

Roll Eyes
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 01:54:11 PM »

I don't get what Bill Clinton has to do with this. I would agree with you though if Bill Clinton wasn't married to Hillary in 1998 who would care about a blowjob that he was getting at the White House but he is/was married to Hillary.

I mean, I'd care that the most powerful man in the world was in a sexual relationship with an intern decades younger than him.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »

I mean, I'd care that the most powerful man in the world was in a sexual relationship with an intern decades younger than him.

The power dynamics are icky, though I don't think that's what the pro-impeachment crowd was concerned about.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 06:51:45 PM »

The power dynamics are icky, though I don't think that's what the pro-impeachment crowd was concerned about.

True, but he still should've been impeached and certainly would've been if it happened today.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 12:33:02 PM »

Trump running Fox?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 12:57:55 PM »

Sexual libertines are depressing as hell.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 01:10:02 PM »

I like how Bill O being a sexual predator turns into an excuse to Bash Bill Clinton, Nice deflection.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 01:25:50 PM »

Who knows, Hillary may just be more discreet than her husband.

Also, being married doesn't necessitate monogamy. I'm in an open relationship with my significant other and we plan on getting married.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2016, 04:09:42 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2016, 04:14:23 PM by I did not see L.A. »

Sexual libertines are depressing as hell.

Yes, they are.

(Still, as awful as Clinton's behavior was, it didn't fall within what can be reasonably constructed as grounds for impeachment from an objective reading of the constitution.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies