Timmy's States
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:29:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Timmy's States
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: Timmy's States  (Read 27104 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »

As a Western Mass native, I actually really like the concept of a Connecticut Valley-to-Hudson Valley state--perhaps with Springfield and Albany as joint capitals, if you wanted to go really outside the box--but I agree that Hudson as you have it extends too far south.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 01:03:53 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2016, 01:05:43 PM by TimTurner »

As a Western Mass native, I actually really like the concept of a Connecticut Valley-to-Hudson Valley state--perhaps with Springfield and Albany as joint capitals, if you wanted to go really outside the box--but I agree that Hudson as you have it extends too far south.
Hmm, so keep it the way it is and put Westchester, Rockland, and possibly Fairfield in New York?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 01:06:49 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2016, 01:09:33 PM by Signora Ophelia Maraschina, Mafia courtesan »

Hmm, so keep it the way it is and put Westchester, Rockland, and possibly Fairfield in New York?

That'd be my vote, yeah. Maybe extend the western part of it a little further north to take in Saratoga and the Mohawk Valley.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 01:08:09 PM »

That'd be my vote, yeah.
With Fairfield? Gotcha.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 01:08:41 PM »

That'd be my vote, yeah.
With Fairfield? Gotcha.

Fairfield definitely belongs in New York.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2016, 01:09:50 PM »

That'd be my vote, yeah.
With Fairfield? Gotcha.

Ok. Thanks for your input.
What do you think about Adams and Kennebec?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 01:11:00 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2016, 09:04:47 PM by Signora Ophelia Maraschina, Mafia courtesan »

That'd be my vote, yeah.
With Fairfield? Gotcha.

Adams and Kennebec work well as they are, actually. Thinking further, though, yeah, maybe move Saratoga, Schenectady, Montgomery, and Fulton from Kennebec to Hudson.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 01:13:25 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2016, 01:16:35 PM by TimTurner »

That'd be my vote, yeah.
With Fairfield? Gotcha.

Adams and Kennebec work very well as they are, actually.
Do you think Susquehanna extends too far east? Should Hudson pick up Pike County and Sussex County?
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 01:25:30 PM »

Ah this map just barely forces me to pay out of state tuition. Sad!
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 01:34:29 PM »

I'd make Hudson a lot smaller and merge it with New York City, effectively becoming the NY metro area.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 01:36:40 PM »

That'd be my vote, yeah.
With Fairfield? Gotcha.

Do you think Susquehanna extends too far east? Should Hudson pick up Pike County and Sussex County?

I think the Susquehanna-Hudson border is fine as it is.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2016, 03:03:00 PM »

That'd be my vote, yeah.
With Fairfield? Gotcha.

I think the Susquehanna-Hudson border is fine as it is.
Your proposals are to be adopted.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2016, 06:11:30 PM »

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2016, 09:04:17 PM »

Again, I'd move Saratoga/Schenectady/Montgomery/Fulton to Hudson.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2016, 01:33:56 AM »

Again, I'd move Saratoga/Schenectady/Montgomery/Fulton to Hudson.
Again, adopted.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2016, 01:38:34 AM »

Sorry, not trying to be pissy; it's just that when I suggested this above I did it as an edit to a post that you'd already read and quoted. Not trying to come off as pompous or bossy.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2016, 01:51:45 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 10:20:14 AM by TimTurner »

Sorry, not trying to be pissy; it's just that when I suggested this above I did it as an edit to a post that you'd already read and quoted. Not trying to come off as pompous or bossy.
You didn't come across as that. No apologies needed.
Do you suggest any more changes at all to the New England states here? Checking to be sure.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2016, 02:12:57 AM »

You have split Amarillo and Midland-Odessa. I'd extend Texas to include the Little Texas area of New Mexico. I'd also redeem Greer County to Texas.

Terrell belongs with the rest of the Trans-Pecos.

I'd move Madison, Brazos, Burleson, Fayette, Gonzales, DeWitt, Karnes, and Bee to Houston.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2016, 02:36:34 AM »

You have split Amarillo and Midland-Odessa. I'd extend Texas to include the Little Texas area of New Mexico. I'd also redeem Greer County to Texas.

Terrell belongs with the rest of the Trans-Pecos.

I'd move Madison, Brazos, Burleson, Fayette, Gonzales, DeWitt, Karnes, and Bee to Houston.
Would Texas border Mexico in this arrangement?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2016, 02:59:27 AM »

I think you could add Monterey, San Benito, Mendocino and Lake counties into Oso, to make Secoya more cohesive.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2016, 12:56:08 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 12:59:18 PM by Signora Ophelia Maraschina, Mafia courtesan »

Do you suggest any more changes at all to the New England states here? Checking to be sure.

Nope! Just move those four counties into Hudson and I think you're good.

Oh, and possibly rename the state 'Taconic' because the Taconic Mountains are a more geographically central feature and the New Englander side of the state would be happier with that name (since they're not uniquely associated with either New York or New England).
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2016, 04:29:24 PM »

Oh, and possibly rename the state 'Taconic' because the Taconic Mountains are a more geographically central feature and the New Englander side of the state would be happier with that name (since they're not uniquely associated with either New York or New England).
Why the use of possibly?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2016, 06:46:07 PM »

Why the use of possibly?

Mostly I'm unsure because the Taconics simply aren't as well-known a feature as the Hudson, so the name has less 'gravitas'.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2016, 08:18:27 PM »

Rockbridge/Lexington I.C./Buena Vista I.C., Botetourt  VA should be in Allegheny...also Roanoke is not actually in Roanoke in this map.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2016, 08:50:08 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 08:57:05 PM by TimTurner »

Why the use of possibly?

Mostly I'm unsure because the Taconics simply aren't as well-known a feature as the Hudson, so the name has less 'gravitas'.
So Kennebec is just as good a name as Taconic, because of the gap in name recognition?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies