Hillary may have some sort of a chance at winning every state
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:12:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary may have some sort of a chance at winning every state
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary may have some sort of a chance at winning every state  (Read 1697 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 23, 2016, 10:41:57 PM »

So Atlas seems to regard this as Hillary's ceiling (441-97):

But what if it's much higher than that?

What if Mormons are so much against Trump, that it not only flips Utah, but Idaho too? Obama came close in Montana once and the D governor there is popular, who's to say that Hillary can't win there? South Dakota is #AlwaysHillary in the primary, who's to say she can't win there in the general? And if she can, maybe North Dakota is in play. Hillary is doing well in the 2nd NE CD and surprisingly won a beauty contest in the state, who's to say she can't win the whole state? The 1st district's EV would probably go for her in such a scenario.

Obama won Indiana once. Maybe Hillary can too. The republican party of Kansas is in shambles, maybe Hillary can pull that off. Tennessee is full of moderate republicans, a perfect crop for the #NEVERTRUMP movement and potentially for Hillary too. Arkansas used to be Hillary's home state. Bill Clinton always did well in Louisiana. Hillary did surprisingly well in the Wyoming Caucus and almost denied Sanders viability in Alabama and Mississippi. Hillary won the KY primary, and Democratic primary turnout beat republican primary turnout in the state by a 2-1 margin. Who's to say she can't win all of those states? If she's doing all that, who's to say she can't pull off WV, OK, and NE-3 too?

Wait, hold on, that's every electoral vote in existence! Hillary could do better than Reagan '84! She could win every state and every electoral vote.

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:45:01 PM »

Have you hit your head?
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 11:04:41 PM »

So Atlas seems to regard this as Trump's ceiling (279-259):

What if Whites are so much against Hillary, that it not only flips Pennsylvania, but Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota too? Romney came close in Virginia, who's to say that Trump can't win there? Nevada was on the #TrumpTrain in the primary, who's to say he can't win there in the general? And if he can, maybe Oregon is in play. Trump is doing well in the 2nd ME CD, who's to say he can't win the whole state? The 1st district's EV would probably go for him in such a scenario.

Bush won New Mexico once. Maybe Trump can too. The Democratic party of Illinois is in shambles, maybe Trump can pull that off. New Hampshire is full of moderate Democrats, a perfect crop for the #AmericaFirst movement and potentially for Trump too. New York is Trump's home state. Trump did surprisingly well in the California primary. Trump won the WA primary. Who's to say he can't win all of those states? If he's doing all that, who's to say he can't pull off VT, MA, and CT too?

Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 11:05:55 PM »

Whatever happened to Montana trending D?

I remember people always talking about Montana/Arizona/Georgia together as the next swing states.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 11:08:23 PM »

I remember people always talking about Montana/Arizona/Georgia together as the next swing states.

We seriously need a Montana poll.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 11:14:02 PM »

The only way Hillary can take a complete sweep of the entire nation, is if something horrible (issue) comes out regarding trump.
Possible, but unlikely.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 11:16:47 PM »

So Atlas seems to regard this as Trump's ceiling (279-259):

What if Whites are so much against Hillary, that it not only flips Pennsylvania, but Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota too? Romney came close in Virginia, who's to say that Trump can't win there? Nevada was on the #TrumpTrain in the primary, who's to say he can't win there in the general? And if he can, maybe Oregon is in play. Trump is doing well in the 2nd ME CD, who's to say he can't win the whole state? The 1st district's EV would probably go for him in such a scenario.

Bush won New Mexico once. Maybe Trump can too. The Democratic party of Illinois is in shambles, maybe Trump can pull that off. New Hampshire is full of moderate Democrats, a perfect crop for the #AmericaFirst movement and potentially for Trump too. New York is Trump's home state. Trump did surprisingly well in the California primary. Trump won the WA primary. Who's to say he can't win all of those states? If he's doing all that, who's to say he can't pull off VT, MA, and CT too?

You left out DE/NJ/MD/RI/DC, but I don't see why Trump can't do it. He won the primaries in 4 of those states by decisive margins, and if he's winning every other state, he can win DC too!!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 11:24:44 PM »

Montana swung back to R after the initial Obama effect.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 12:08:56 AM »

And I have a chance with a gorgeous supermodel tonight... And then I woke up....

I want a puff of what you're on Wulfric if you think that Hillary can even win WV -- a state she admitted she had no chance in.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 12:25:28 AM »

Ah, the fantasies of a delusional liberal.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 08:46:58 AM »

I love when people take joke threads seriously...
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 10:25:42 AM »

If this story wasn't covered up by the right-wing media, West Virginia and Kentucky would be gone for Trump...

http://www.barefootandprogressive.com/2016/02/donald-trump-as-clueless-about-coal-miners-as-kentuckys-political-leaders.html
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 10:27:53 AM »

Dude, it's Wulfric.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 11:02:32 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2016, 11:04:05 AM by Adam T »

I think the electoral college results are still fairly unsettled and I do think Trump could win zero electoral college votes.

I've said for awhile that I wouldn't be surprised if this is something like the final result:

Clinton 40-45%
Johnson 30%
Trump 25%
Other 0-5% (McMullin/Stein/others)

Much of the base of the Republican Party is sticking with Trump now possibly to see if they think he can still actually win, but I think mainly to see if he can become more of a traditional Republican Presidential candidate.

If he doesn't and as it gets closer to the election, I could still see the bottom fall out of his support as the 'mainstream' Republicans abandon Trump in order to punish the idiot Trump supporters who backed him to become the Republican nominee.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 11:08:11 AM »

Much of the base of the Republican Party is sticking with Trump now possibly to see if they think he can still actually win, but I think mainly to see if he can become more of a traditional Republican Presidential candidate.

If he doesn't and as it gets closer to the election, I could still see the bottom fall out of his support as the 'mainstream' Republicans abandon Trump in order to punish the idiot Trump supporters who backed him to become the Republican nominee.

I'm not too optimistic on this. The Republican base today just isn't that reasonable. They rant and rave.

But their base is small, and that's why Trump has room to shrink.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 11:27:05 AM »

I'm not too optimistic on this. The Republican base today just isn't that reasonable. They rant and rave.

But their base is small, and that's why Trump has room to shrink.

I agree that the differences when it comes to the extremists in the Republican Party (the Tea Baggers reflected in the House by the "Freedom Caucus") and the so-called establishment Republicans when it comes to their positions on the issues is practically non-existent and their differences is mostly one of tone or tactics (the "Freedom Caucus" takes not being willing to compromise as a point of pride while the 'establishment' Republicans at least say that they are willing to make deals.)

However, I think Trump is so extreme in terms of his lack of knowledge on the issues, his temperament and his embrace of conspiracy theories that many 'establishment' Republicans are genuinely appalled at him having won their party's nomination.

Also, while the tea-baggers are actually not one cohesive group but are divided in a number of ways (the only thing that they seem to be united on is their agreement that compromise is bad) many tea-baggers consider Trump to be a fake conservative, and they could be unwilling to actually vote for him as well.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 12:16:13 PM »

No.  Won't happen.  This is Clinton's #ceiling:

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 11:02:54 PM »

This satire is even more funny after the election!
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 08:23:45 PM »

Truly a fun thread to read
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 09:32:22 PM »

Sheds tear.
Axel Foley
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 09:34:24 PM »

In such a scenario, NE-03 would have been Republican last stand, am I right?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies