Trump uses $55,000 in campaign funds to buy his own book
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:27:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump uses $55,000 in campaign funds to buy his own book
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump uses $55,000 in campaign funds to buy his own book  (Read 833 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2016, 07:23:32 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/24/donald-trump-used-campaign-donations-to-buy-55-000-of-his-own-book.html

I'll just post this here without comment.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 07:35:53 PM »

Embezzling $55,000 of campaign funds sure sounds like what someone who is definitely a billionaire, believe him!, would do.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 07:54:53 PM »

The scampaign goes on.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 07:57:14 PM »

Embezzling $55,000 of campaign funds sure sounds like what someone who is definitely a billionaire, believe him!, would do.

You really don't understand how rich people think do you?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 08:33:10 PM »

Frankly, this is getting kind of sad....
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 08:34:34 PM »

Frankly, this is getting kind of sad....

It would be if he wasn't scamming terrible people.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 08:37:15 PM »

Crooked Drumpf, get the FEC in there!
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 09:55:13 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2016, 09:58:23 PM by Seriously? »

Yeah, because campaigns never do that.

Apparently these books were purchased to give out to convention delegates.

Do you expect the publisher to make nothing on the deal? I highly doubt that Trump garnered royalties for this minor purchase in the grand scheme of things. If it he did. The money will be paid back.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 09:56:30 PM »

Why did we nominate this guy again?
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 09:56:58 PM »

That's the strategy that got "Valley of the Dolls" to the top of the NYT best-seller list. 3d chess people.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 09:57:52 PM »

Apparently these

Do you expect the publisher to make nothing on the deal?

Did Seriously even read the article?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 10:00:29 PM »

Apparently these

Of course I read the article. It's only illegal if Trump gets royalties on the deal. You have zero evidence of that happening. ZERO.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 10:04:46 PM »

Apparently these

Of course I read the article. It's only illegal if Trump gets royalties on the deal. You have zero evidence of that happening. ZERO.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

They refused to deny wrongdoing. That's pretty suspicious.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 10:10:52 PM »

Apparently these

Gee. You think they have to investigate what the billing/accounting department did as far as royalties go?

If there was an oversight, the money will go back. My guess is that if it was for the convention, the royalty check may not have even been cut yet. I mean, in reality, the amount of money that you're talking about is laughable to a billionaire. What could the royalty be on $55,000 worth of book sales?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 10:43:07 PM »

Apparently these

Gee. You think they have to investigate what the billing/accounting department did as far as royalties go?

If there was an oversight, the money will go back. My guess is that if it was for the convention, the royalty check may not have even been cut yet. I mean, in reality, the amount of money that you're talking about is laughable to a billionaire. What could the royalty be on $55,000 worth of book sales?

Regardless of the amount, The House needs 5 investigations done for the next 3 or 4 years on this topic. Very, very important to the American people that we get the-skinny on what is really going on here. Maybe a special prosecutor assigned would also help.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 01:01:49 AM »

Apparently these

Regardless of the amount, The House needs 5 investigations done for the next 3 or 4 years on this topic. Very, very important to the American people that we get the-skinny on what is really going on here. Maybe a special prosecutor assigned would also help.

Would that be the same special prosecutor investigating Trump's attempt to buy favors from the Secretary of State, or a different special prosecutor? (Since Trump has explicitly stated that he was attempting to bribe Secretary Clinton, I think mens rea has been clearly established... unless Trump is considered incompetent because he's not mentally competent?)
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 05:45:58 AM »

Yes, Trump is in this to make a buck.

News at 11.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 09:23:02 AM »

Apparently these

There's evidence that he received royalties, because he receives royalties when his books are sold. That's the agreement. It's on Trump to provide evidence that he proactively sought to forego royalties on this particular purchase.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 07:46:47 PM »

Apparently these

There's evidence that he received royalties, because he receives royalties when his books are sold. That's the agreement. It's on Trump to provide evidence that he proactively sought to forego royalties on this particular purchase.
Again, you're likely talking about $5,500 here -- at most -- if there was an oversight from the accounting department at his publisher, it will be corrected.

This trite amount of money to a billionaire is like $1 to the rest of us. It doesn't matter very much.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 07:49:31 PM »

B-b-b-ut Lyin' Crooked $hillary's emails!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 07:52:51 PM »

Apparently these

Because embezzlement is totally on par with a major diplomatic embarrassment that resulted in the slaughter of marines while Hillary was busy hiding emails about yoga Roll Eyes
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 08:53:24 AM »

President Hillary Clinton should appoint him Secretary of Fraud. He’d do a terrific job.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 09:15:42 AM »

Apparently these

Again, you're likely talking about $5,500 here -- at most -- if there was an oversight from the accounting department at his publisher, it will be corrected.

This trite amount of money to a billionaire is like $1 to the rest of us. It doesn't matter very much.

So monetary crimes decrease in seriousness if the person committing them has a lot of money? That's an insane thing to assert.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »

Lol Seriously still thinks Donald is a billionaire
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 09:34:31 AM »