Trump currently not on the ballot in Minnesota (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:44:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump currently not on the ballot in Minnesota (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump currently not on the ballot in Minnesota  (Read 1985 times)
amdcpus
« on: August 25, 2016, 11:31:23 AM »

Ack, lost a larger post due to internet troubles, but anyway:

The MN state law is pretty clear here:
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I attended the MN GOP convention as a seated alternate, and can confirm we did not nominate elector alternates.  (Strange that I didn't catch that, as I definitely read this section of MN law before the convention, as I was advocating using this section of the law to submit someone other than Trump as the "party candidate for president.")

The law requires that the convention nominate elector alternates, and it is too late to hold a convention now (the Call to Convention must be sent out at least 5 days in advance), and you can't change the Constitution (except in the particular areas, e.g. delegate selection, where we have delegated changes to particular committees) without a convention.

It's too late now; Trump should not appear on the MN ballot.  As an MN GOP alternate, I'm an aggrieved party, and if I still had standing (i.e. if I still lived in MN) I'd sue.

Could Trump get on there as part of an ad hoc minor political party, like "Minnesotans for Trump" or something like that?

Too late, minor parties were due this monday.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies