She went there: Hillary releases ad about KKK's support for Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:11:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  She went there: Hillary releases ad about KKK's support for Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: She went there: Hillary releases ad about KKK's support for Donald Trump  (Read 3766 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2016, 04:00:48 AM »

It is not fair to tar someone based on who supports such person. As Reagan said, about kooks supporting him, is that they are supporting me, I am not supporting them. I think this ad is a waste of money. I don't think most folks think Trump is a racist. He's a nationalist, and a xenophobe, but not  a racist. Bashing Trump for his fondness for Putin is fair game.

The only rational piece of criticism of Trump here.

What is a "Xenophobe"?  Really, what is it?  Let's look at the progression of beliefs:

(A)  A person who is concerned with the principle of the Rule of Law, and views a de facto immigration policy of "If you can make it here, you're home free." as a serious violation of that principle.

(B)  A person who is concerned about the costs borne by the American taxpayer from illegal immigration as a result of a porous border.

(C)  A person who is concerned, based on past events, that the vetting process currently employed by ICE isn't sufficient to prevent members of terror cells from entering America under the cover of being "refugees".

(D)  A person who is concerned that increasing overall levels of legal immigration will increase the level of competition for American jobs.

(E)  A person who is concerned that certain groups of immigrants, based on stated beliefs of folks in those certain groups, may be fundamentally opposed to the aspects of America that make America the "Land of the Free" (commitment to liberal democracy, Bill of Rights, individual freedoms).

(G)  An opposition to the idea that all borders should be open, and that folks should be able to enter any nation they want to, regardless.

Are these "Xenophobic" beliefs?  If so, what makes them so?  Since the term is freely being thrown about in discussions, I wonder if someone might be so kind as to define the term.

It is probably correlated with a failure to accurately list the first 6 letters of the alphabet. Tongue

But anyway, nice try. If those were your actual positions (or those of Trump's) you wouldn't necessarily be a xenophobe. Apart from E). Yeah, if you think that you can just blatantly generalize an entire group based on the stated beliefs of some members of that group you're probably a little racist.

And on C), what are these past events? How many Syrian refugees have committed terrorist attacks in the US again, remind me?

I think you also forgot F) Calling a group of people rapists and wanting to put up a register over members of a religion to profile them. Introducing blatantly discriminatory policies. Claiming that foreign nations have invented global warming as part of anti-American conspiracy. Advocating slaughter of foreign civilians to enrich your own country. And other such things.

What I stated are my actual positions.  "F" is your input.

Truthfully, for a moderator, you are reprehensible.

Pretty rich for you, of all people, to call someone else reprehensible.

Since you're barely an adult, I'll be understanding.

When you grow up, you'll get it on how to engage without being a jerk.

I've not called people names until now, but the attempt to stigmatize folks for their choices in this election is, frankly, left-wing McCarthyism.  Not surprising from supporters of a Democrat who, personally, is the most like Nixon.

And, yes, for the previous post, I expect a moderator to behave like a moderator. 

Yes, I stated the positions that make Trump different from other candidates, which reasonably is what leads people to support him and that are also xenophobic. You asked why we think his supporters are xenophobes so I explained it to you.

I'm not a moderator on this board but even if I were I'm not going to self-censor my views just because you cry about safe spaces for racist.

I asked before - why do you hold an unpaid moderator on an obscure internet forum to a higher standard of decorum than you do the president of your nation? Do you think it'd be ok for me to mock people for disabilities, call you names that impugn your character, ban you from the boards I moderate for disagreeing with me? Curse at you? Say that I'd pay for lawyers for anyone who beats you up? I've done none of those things and yet you think I am being reprehensible.

I'm just a straight-shooter who tells it like it is, not caring about people being offended or political correctness. Isn't that what you like? Or do you only like those things when they're racist and directed at people you hate?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2016, 04:49:28 AM »

It is not fair to tar someone based on who supports such person. As Reagan said, about kooks supporting him, is that they are supporting me, I am not supporting them. I think this ad is a waste of money. I don't think most folks think Trump is a racist. He's a nationalist, and a xenophobe, but not  a racist. Bashing Trump for his fondness for Putin is fair game.

What is a "Xenophobe"?  Really, what is it?  Let's look at the progression of beliefs:

(A)  A person who is concerned with the principle of the Rule of Law, and views a de facto immigration policy of "If you can make it here, you're home free." as a serious violation of that principle.

(B)  A person who is concerned about the costs borne by the American taxpayer from illegal immigration as a result of a porous border.

(C)  A person who is concerned, based on past events, that the vetting process currently employed by ICE isn't sufficient to prevent members of terror cells from entering America under the cover of being "refugees".

(D)  A person who is concerned that increasing overall levels of legal immigration will increase the level of competition for American jobs.

(E)  A person who is concerned that certain groups of immigrants, based on stated beliefs of folks in those certain groups, may be fundamentally opposed to the aspects of America that make America the "Land of the Free" (commitment to liberal democracy, Bill of Rights, individual freedoms).

(G)  An opposition to the idea that all borders should be open, and that folks should be able to enter any nation they want to, regardless.

Are these "Xenophobic" beliefs?  If so, what makes them so?  Since the term is freely being thrown about in discussions, I wonder if someone might be so kind as to define the term.

It is probably correlated with a failure to accurately list the first 6 letters of the alphabet. Tongue

But anyway, nice try. If those were your actual positions (or those of Trump's) you wouldn't necessarily be a xenophobe. Apart from E). Yeah, if you think that you can just blatantly generalize an entire group based on the stated beliefs of some members of that group you're probably a little racist.

And on C), what are these past events? How many Syrian refugees have committed terrorist attacks in the US again, remind me?

I think you also forgot F) Calling a group of people rapists and wanting to put up a register over members of a religion to profile them. Introducing blatantly discriminatory policies. Claiming that foreign nations have invented global warming as part of anti-American conspiracy. Advocating slaughter of foreign civilians to enrich your own country. And other such things.

I've not called people names until now, but the attempt to stigmatize folks for their choices in this election is, frankly, left-wing McCarthyism.  Not surprising from supporters of a Democrat who, personally, is the most like Nixon.

And, yes, for the previous post, I expect a moderator to behave like a moderator. 

Yes, I stated the positions that make Trump different from other candidates, which reasonably is what leads people to support him and that are also xenophobic. You asked why we think his supporters are xenophobes so I explained it to you.

I'm not a moderator on this board but even if I were I'm not going to self-censor my views just because you cry about safe spaces for racist.

I asked before - why do you hold an unpaid moderator on an obscure internet forum to a higher standard of decorum than you do the president of your nation? Do you think it'd be ok for me to mock people for disabilities, call you names that impugn your character, ban you from the boards I moderate for disagreeing with me? Curse at you? Say that I'd pay for lawyers for anyone who beats you up? I've done none of those things and yet you think I am being reprehensible.

I'm just a straight-shooter who tells it like it is, not caring about people being offended or political correctness. Isn't that what you like? Or do you only like those things when they're racist and directed at people you hate?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2016, 04:57:27 AM »

wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2016, 07:54:48 PM »

Of course the KKK will tend to support the more conservative candidate, as they certainly do not support affirmative action, which is like holy writ to liberals and many Democrats.  So why is anyone horrified by it?  Same way a communist would support most Democrats over most Republicans.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2016, 12:01:04 AM »

Of course the KKK will tend to support the more conservative candidate, as they certainly do not support affirmative action, which is like holy writ to liberals and many Democrats.  So why is anyone horrified by it?  Same way a communist would support most Democrats over most Republicans.

DIAF, Stormfront.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2016, 12:02:12 AM »

Nominate for post of the year.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2016, 12:12:17 AM »

The humiliation is real. Destroyed.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2016, 12:15:31 AM »

The humiliation is real. Destroyed.

I didn't mean so much as a slam on FB, but rather the best defense I've seen in awhile about moderators expressing robust opinions (a subject about which I have some history ) Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies