She went there: Hillary releases ad about KKK's support for Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:25:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  She went there: Hillary releases ad about KKK's support for Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: She went there: Hillary releases ad about KKK's support for Donald Trump  (Read 3760 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2016, 11:58:08 AM »

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/768823064033308673?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Just when I got done saying the Dems should be running another "Daisy" ad, they did.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 12:01:01 PM »

Good. The GOP very much intends to keep kowtowing to these extremists, but the electorate hates them. If you want to tie Trump to his white nationalist supporters and staff, you're gonna have to do it yourself.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 12:01:59 PM »

This is 1 minute 11 seconds long. It's not an ad, per se... but I think it is clearly a harbinger of some that should launch in the next day or so.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 12:09:43 PM »

Good.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 12:12:18 PM »

I think this is risky, but the elements of racism in Trump's campaign do have to be addressed.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 12:13:39 PM »

Risky? The man has been endorsed by white nationalists, so it's not like Clinton is just pulling things out of thin air.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 12:15:03 PM »

There's an old LBJ ad connecting Goldwater to the Klan that was never aired in 1964 but was saved and is on Youtube so there is precedent for linking opponents to racism
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 12:15:09 PM »

Risky? The man has been endorsed by white nationalists, so it's not like Clinton is just pulling things out of thin air.
Trapsy

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 12:15:12 PM »

There is a fine line we gotta walk here but interesting move.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 12:15:49 PM »

Even if it's accurate, she'll be accused of "playing the race card", which often doesn't go over well with people.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 12:26:26 PM »

Even if it's accurate, she'll be accused of "playing the race card", which often doesn't go over well with people.

Trump also accused her for being too close to Putin. Nobody takes him seriously anymore.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 12:27:35 PM »

I guaranteed she tested this before going with this line of attack. It also discredits his recent efforts to not look like a racist.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 12:29:45 PM »

yeah but she may have touched Robert Byrd's hand once or something, so she's THE REAL RACISTCRAT.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 12:32:04 PM »

Good
Trapsy

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 12:32:36 PM »

I think what Hillz needs to do in her speech is contrast the conservative/republican party from the alt-right. Even though we from left accuse with reason them of pandering to these voters who hold these views, I also think it would be unfair to generalize this party with bigotry. There are legitimate people in the conservative movement who despise trump and what he stands for.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 12:32:48 PM »

Keep in mind that LBJ ran this ad against Goldwater in 1964, and the country was much more racist back then, and Goldwater's ties to white supremacists were much more tenuous.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 12:41:46 PM »

It is not fair to tar someone based on who supports such person. As Reagan said, about kooks supporting him, is that they are supporting me, I am not supporting them. I think this ad is a waste of money. I don't think most folks think Trump is a racist. He's a nationalist, and a xenophobe, but not  a racist. Bashing Trump for his fondness for Putin is fair game.
Trapsy

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 12:48:49 PM »

It is not fair to tar someone based on who supports such person. As Reagan said, about kooks supporting him, is that they are supporting me, I am not supporting them. I think this ad is a waste of money. I don't think most folks think Trump is a racist. He's a nationalist, and a xenophobe, but not  a racist. Bashing Trump for his fondness for Putin is fair game.

Why hire Steve Bannon to be CEO of your campaign?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 12:50:51 PM »

A decent majority in the recent Q poll (59%) seem to think he's a bigot. It's not like he's never said something racist/sexist/otherwise hateful. This is support that is with him for a reason.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 12:52:50 PM »

I think what Hillz needs to do in her speech is contrast the conservative/republican party from the alt-right. Even though we from left accuse with reason them of pandering to these voters who hold these views, I also think it would be unfair to generalize this party with bigotry. There are legitimate people in the conservative movement who despise trump and what he stands for.

They created the ad but did not run it on TV after getting criticism for the Daisy ad and out of fear that conservative whites that were a part of the Dem coalition outside the South would flip to the GOP
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 12:56:36 PM »

Ugh, Crooked Hillary™ is trying to distract us from her emails by attacking good, hardworking Americans who just likes to wear bed sheets Roll Eyes
Trapsy

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 12:57:32 PM »

Ugh, Crooker Hillary™ is trying to distract us from her emails by attacking good, hardworking Americans who just likes to wear bed sheets Roll Eyes

She's trying distract us from pay for play by attacking extracurricular activities ex. burning crosses
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 12:58:34 PM »

Ugh, Crooker Hillary™ is trying to distract us from her emails by attacking good, hardworking Americans who just likes to wear bed sheets Roll Eyes

She's trying distract us from pay for play by attacking extracurricular activities ex. burning crosses

Sad!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 01:04:10 PM »

Somewhat irrelevant, but this led me to Jared Taylor's Twitter account which Ann Coulter apparently follows.

Not that this should surprise anyone, really, but it's refreshing to see a prominent conservative politico reveal her true colors.
HillOfANight
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 01:10:24 PM »

This is tame compared to him saying Obama sympathizes with terrorists, Clinton founded ISIS, or that second amendment people take care of her.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies