She went there: Hillary releases ad about KKK's support for Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:55:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  She went there: Hillary releases ad about KKK's support for Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: She went there: Hillary releases ad about KKK's support for Donald Trump  (Read 3762 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2016, 01:13:35 PM »

It is not fair to tar someone based on who supports such person. As Reagan said, about kooks supporting him, is that they are supporting me, I am not supporting them. I think this ad is a waste of money. I don't think most folks think Trump is a racist. He's a nationalist, and a xenophobe, but not  a racist. Bashing Trump for his fondness for Putin is fair game.

In not so enigmatic ways he has drawn this support intentionally. No other major presidential candidate in the past few cycles has drawn this sort of support. If you want to vote for the guy, go right ahead, but don't make him out as not being a racist, because he is and it's fair game. He was racist long before he ran for President.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2016, 01:15:45 PM »

I don't think most folks think Trump is a racist.

From the latest Quinnipiac poll:

"Voters also say 59 - 36 percent "the way Donald Trump talks appeals to bigotry."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 02:01:55 PM »

It is not fair to tar someone based on who supports such person. As Reagan said, about kooks supporting him, is that they are supporting me, I am not supporting them. I think this ad is a waste of money. I don't think most folks think Trump is a racist. He's a nationalist, and a xenophobe, but not  a racist. Bashing Trump for his fondness for Putin is fair game.

In not so enigmatic ways he has drawn this support intentionally. No other major presidential candidate in the past few cycles has drawn this sort of support. If you want to vote for the guy, go right ahead, but don't make him out as not being a racist, because he is and it's fair game. He was racist long before he ran for President.

No, I don't want to vote for him silly. He has plenty of character flaws as it is. Among other things he is a narcissist.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »

No, I don't want to vote for him silly. He has plenty of character flaws as it is. Among other things he is a narcissist.

Most presidential candidates are. Trump isn't just a narcissist, he obviously suffers from narcissistic personality disorder and is a bit of a sociopath.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2016, 02:12:55 PM »

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2016, 02:25:01 PM »

Nice. Trump is now trying to appeal to less extreme part of his and R base (deportation of illegal immigrants), while Clinton reminds to rasist part of his base that they indeed have no choice but to get out and vote Trump! Energiziiiiing! Grin

I really hope that Trump will manage to eat [rasist] cake and have it [less extreme base] Smiley
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2016, 02:26:49 PM »

Watch it with the name calling. If you have to name call, then perhaps the truth really rang home. You're not fooling anyone with that red avatar.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2016, 02:58:40 PM »

I still think the best ad would be SNL's "Racist For Trump."
Re-watch it here via YouTube : https://youtu.be/Qg0pO9VG1J8
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2016, 03:09:10 PM »

Watch it with the name calling. If you have to name call, then perhaps the truth really rang home. You're not fooling anyone with that red avatar.

You think I am really am a secret supporter or something?  LOL. Don't take the "silly" comment personally. It was not meant that way. It is just silly to think I would vote for Trump under any circumstances. I viscerally loathe the man.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2016, 03:29:59 PM »

It is not fair to tar someone based on who supports such person. As Reagan said, about kooks supporting him, is that they are supporting me, I am not supporting them. I think this ad is a waste of money. I don't think most folks think Trump is a racist. He's a nationalist, and a xenophobe, but not  a racist. Bashing Trump for his fondness for Putin is fair game.

You think I am really am a secret supporter or something?  LOL. Don't take the "silly" comment personally. It was not meant that way. It is just silly to think I would vote for Trump under any circumstances. I viscerally loathe the man.
Shy Trump voter Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2016, 06:09:20 PM »

You are a GIANT douche if you think calling you "silly" is name calling, LOL.

(That was name calling.)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2016, 06:14:00 PM »

You think I am really am a secret supporter or something?  LOL. Don't take the "silly" comment personally. It was not meant that way. It is just silly to think I would vote for Trump under any circumstances. I viscerally loathe the man.

But Torie, do I have to remind you? He's going to utcay ouryay axestay!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2016, 02:35:07 PM »

Trump's support in West Virginia just got 10 feet deeper.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »

The only rational piece of criticism of Trump here.

What is a "Xenophobe"?  Really, what is it?  Let's look at the progression of beliefs:

(A)  A person who is concerned with the principle of the Rule of Law, and views a de facto immigration policy of "If you can make it here, you're home free." as a serious violation of that principle.

(B)  A person who is concerned about the costs borne by the American taxpayer from illegal immigration as a result of a porous border.

(C)  A person who is concerned, based on past events, that the vetting process currently employed by ICE isn't sufficient to prevent members of terror cells from entering America under the cover of being "refugees".

(D)  A person who is concerned that increasing overall levels of legal immigration will increase the level of competition for American jobs.

(E)  A person who is concerned that certain groups of immigrants, based on stated beliefs of folks in those certain groups, may be fundamentally opposed to the aspects of America that make America the "Land of the Free" (commitment to liberal democracy, Bill of Rights, individual freedoms).

(G)  An opposition to the idea that all borders should be open, and that folks should be able to enter any nation they want to, regardless.

Are these "Xenophobic" beliefs?  If so, what makes them so?  Since the term is freely being thrown about in discussions, I wonder if someone might be so kind as to define the term.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2016, 04:50:46 PM »

Someone who thinks America can become great again if we just put Mexico and China and the like back in their place, because that is what is eviscerating America's "virtu," is a xenophobe in my book, or at least has tendencies that way.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2016, 04:53:46 PM »

What is a "Xenophobe"?  Really, what is it?  Let's look at the progression of beliefs:

(A)  A person who is concerned with the principle of the Rule of Law, and views a de facto immigration policy of "If you can make it here, you're home free." as a serious violation of that principle.

(B)  A person who is concerned about the costs borne by the American taxpayer from illegal immigration as a result of a porous border.

(C)  A person who is concerned, based on past events, that the vetting process currently employed by ICE isn't sufficient to prevent members of terror cells from entering America under the cover of being "refugees".

(D)  A person who is concerned that increasing overall levels of legal immigration will increase the level of competition for American jobs.

(E)  A person who is concerned that certain groups of immigrants, based on stated beliefs of folks in those certain groups, may be fundamentally opposed to the aspects of America that make America the "Land of the Free" (commitment to liberal democracy, Bill of Rights, individual freedoms).

(G)  An opposition to the idea that all borders should be open, and that folks should be able to enter any nation they want to, regardless.

Are these "Xenophobic" beliefs?  If so, what makes them so?  Since the term is freely being thrown about in discussions, I wonder if someone might be so kind as to define the term.

It is probably correlated with a failure to accurately list the first 6 letters of the alphabet. Tongue

But anyway, nice try. If those were your actual positions (or those of Trump's) you wouldn't necessarily be a xenophobe. Apart from E). Yeah, if you think that you can just blatantly generalize an entire group based on the stated beliefs of some members of that group you're probably a little racist.

And on C), what are these past events? How many Syrian refugees have committed terrorist attacks in the US again, remind me?

I think you also forgot F) Calling a group of people rapists and wanting to put up a register over members of a religion to profile them. Introducing blatantly discriminatory policies. Claiming that foreign nations have invented global warming as part of anti-American conspiracy. Advocating slaughter of foreign civilians to enrich your own country. And other such things.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2016, 04:56:28 PM »

This is tame compared to him saying Obama sympathizes with terrorists, Clinton founded ISIS, or that second amendment people take care of her.

Not to mention grounded in reality, sadly.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2016, 09:30:05 PM »

It is probably correlated with a failure to accurately list the first 6 letters of the alphabet. Tongue

But anyway, nice try. If those were your actual positions (or those of Trump's) you wouldn't necessarily be a xenophobe. Apart from E). Yeah, if you think that you can just blatantly generalize an entire group based on the stated beliefs of some members of that group you're probably a little racist.

And on C), what are these past events? How many Syrian refugees have committed terrorist attacks in the US again, remind me?

I think you also forgot F) Calling a group of people rapists and wanting to put up a register over members of a religion to profile them. Introducing blatantly discriminatory policies. Claiming that foreign nations have invented global warming as part of anti-American conspiracy. Advocating slaughter of foreign civilians to enrich your own country. And other such things.

What I stated are my actual positions.  "F" is your input.

Truthfully, for a moderator, you are reprehensible.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2016, 09:35:53 PM »

Pretty rich for you, of all people, to call someone else reprehensible.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2016, 09:46:00 PM »

Since you're barely an adult, I'll be understanding.

When you grow up, you'll get it on how to engage without being a jerk.

I've not called people names until now, but the attempt to stigmatize folks for their choices in this election is, frankly, left-wing McCarthyism.  Not surprising from supporters of a Democrat who, personally, is the most like Nixon.

And, yes, for the previous post, I expect a moderator to behave like a moderator. 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2016, 09:48:14 PM »

the difference is Reagan did rebuke them at least somewhat, Trump doesn't care who supports him because he pretends they don't even exist when he's asked about it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2016, 09:48:38 PM »

(F)  Calling a group of people rapists and wanting to put up a register over members of a religion to profile them. Introducing blatantly discriminatory policies. Claiming that foreign nations have invented global warming as part of anti-American conspiracy. Advocating slaughter of foreign civilians to enrich your own country. And other such things.

Gustaf's "F" is the answer !
How convenient for Fuzzy to list all these other "definitions" which falsely portrays the word "xenophobia" to be something like s**t that smells like flowers.
This type of "camouflage" explanation/description that you (Fuzzy) are trying to place over the true meaning of the word as it is being used by the trump campaign and many of his followers (2016), is a clear example of what the alt-right does.
Disgusting. !
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2016, 09:51:09 PM »

Not guaranteed at all. You never did Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2016, 11:39:04 PM »

Since you're barely an adult, I'll be understanding.

I've not called people names until now, but the attempt to stigmatize folks for their choices in this election is, frankly, left-wing McCarthyism.  Not surprising from supporters of a Democrat who, personally, is the most like Nixon.

And, yes, for the previous post, I expect a moderator to behave like a moderator. 

I don't engage on this forum much anymore because there isn't much to talk about besides analyzing the polls. There are no issues to discuss. You either support the fascist for president or you don't. That's what this election is about. You support a fascist and it's horrifying to see so many people around the country do the same. You are utterly reprehensible. For your sake I hope Trump doesn't win, because you will have to live with the consequences of that vote for the rest of your life. How did people who voted for Hitler feel after the war was over? You may be finding that out if Trump somehow becomes president. That is assuming humanity doesn't end in a nuclear holocaust due to Trump's presidency.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies