Trump responds to Clinton Alt-Right Speech Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:30:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump responds to Clinton Alt-Right Speech Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Trump responds to Clinton Alt-Right Speech Megathread  (Read 2900 times)
Seriously?
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2016, 03:05:23 PM »
« edited: August 25, 2016, 03:22:52 PM by Seriously? »

Once again, Hillary! is seeing vast right wing conspiracies....

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/08/25/trump_pre-buts_clintons_alt-right_speech_accusation_of_racism_are_the_last_refuge_of_the_discredited_democratic_politician.html
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 03:07:22 PM »

Have you ever started a thread that wasn't just a link from r/the_donald or an email from the campaign?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 03:08:18 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 03:09:57 PM by Seriously? »

Have you ever started a thread that wasn't just a link from r/the_donald or an email from the campaign?
Every day when I post or update a poll.

This one came from Real Clear Politics though. You know a link not from r/the_donald, which I do not post on, or an e-mail from the campaign, which I am not on the mailing list of.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 03:09:30 PM »

I'm enjoying the near perfect inverse correlation between Trump's polling numbers and the vitriol level of Seriously's nonsensical attacks on Hillary Clinton each day.

This quote keeps getting more and more true.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 03:13:40 PM »

Fusionmunster

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 03:15:46 PM »

Can we just ban him, please?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 03:16:06 PM »

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 03:17:25 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 03:17:31 PM »

Seriously?
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 03:20:07 PM »

I'm enjoying the near perfect inverse correlation between Trump's polling numbers and the vitriol level of Seriously's nonsensical attacks on Hillary Clinton each day.

This quote keeps getting more and more true.
Laughable, things always are from you red, green and faux blue Hillary supporters. The RCP margin has closed for Trump quite nicely over the past month. But cling to your Q poll and all the other polls from the alphabet networks that are about a month old now.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 03:21:03 PM »

Ban me? Why? For posting Trump's response.

You liberals sure don't like it when someone has an opinion that is not yours....
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 03:22:00 PM »

Reading a list of things that Trump said is hardly smearing. Clinton didn't really give a speech, it was essentially a transcript with commentary.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 03:23:45 PM »

Ban me? Why? For posting Trump's response.

You liberals sure don't like it when someone has an opinion that is not yours....
It's funny, and no, I don't want to ban you. You're just going to run away after November 8th. You did this last time, you'll do it again.

At least last time you were magnamaous, not an apologist for racism.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 03:24:20 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 03:28:47 PM by Seriously? »

Reading a list of things that Trump said is hardly smearing. Clinton didn't really give a speech, it was essentially a transcript with commentary.
We apparently have differing perceptions on this. We're allowed to.. It's America and all and I respect your difference in opinion.

I mean, if I believe the other thread on here, Hillary just "killed" the Trump campaign. I certainly do not agree with that meme.

I am just waiting for the first time a liberal reports this post though and the left-leaning moderators censor it as if it is not newsworthy and Hillary killing the Trump campaign is.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 03:33:49 PM »

Trumps going to be on Anderson Cooper tonight at 8
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 03:38:01 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 03:44:48 PM by The Advocate »

I don’t recall Sec. Clinton calling all of Trump’s supporters racists, as Trump is claiming here. Rather, she argued that Trump’s rhetoric and beliefs have not only endeared him to the Alt-Right (code word for White Supremacists and racists), but have led him to hiring actual members and enablers of this fringe element of our society onto his campaign (Bannon). It has also resulted in unrepentant fanatics (David Duke, KKK, Jared Taylor) to enthusiastically endorse his candidacy as a representative of their cause (note: Robert Byrd apologized for his past association with the KKK. Are people, such as yourself, really going to hold a man to his former actions, despite his renunciation of them?).

And, I think, you should take a group such as that at their word when they claim someone speaks on behalf of their issues. Yet, Clinton intentionally did not proclaim all Trump supporters as racists, because not all of them necessarily are that. However, they are undeniably enablers of a racist and often blind to his racism as a result of their White privilege, whereby they have never personally experienced the dehumanizing effects of racism, nor ever attempted to truly sympathize with or understand the perspectives of minorities.

Where are these “millions” of minority voters? The polls certainly aren’t finding them. And something tells me that they’re not going to flee to a bigoted, blowhard with alt-right rhetoric speaking at minorities to virtually all White audiences in his own echo chamber. If you have empirical evidence demonstrating the existence of all these millions of minority Trump voters abandoning Clinton and the Democratic Party for his candidacy, then show us.

Where was she hiding? Ordinary campaigns don’t function on the basis of rallies alone – as does Trump’s. Most campaigns are more strategic than that. Also, what criminal conduct? If you are going to make the claim that she has engaged in criminal conduct, then prove it (hint: news articles, campaign rhetoric, and wannabe investigators on internet forums don’t count as proof).

Conveniently ignores and overlooks the long-term effects of White flight, deindustrialization, cuts to the welfare state and social programs, lack of infrastructure investment and mass transit, and I could go on. But, please, do tell us how all those are the effects of Democratic policies by democratically elected public officials in urban areas that are subject to long-term societal effects of racism, lack of investment, declining wages, job insecurity, outsourcing, and federal and state legislatures largely held hostage for two decades by right-wing politicians.

Edit to add: Although this is what Trump has said, I am asking these questions of Seriously? and all other Trump supporters on this forum. I assume you concur with him, so then defend his remarks. Validate and substantiate them.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 04:01:30 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 04:03:10 PM by Seriously? »

Edit to add: Although this is what Trump has said, I am asking these questions of Seriously? and all other Trump supporters on this forum. I assume you concur with him, so then defend his remarks. Validate and substantiate them.

Hillary Clinton sports an actual terrorist as a supporter. Should we paint all Hillary supporters as terrorists? Of course not.

This is guttural politics at its finest. Impugning Republicans to be racist. It's the same tried, terrible playbook used by liberals with nothing else in their arsenal for generations. I read this as Hillary did not like what Donald said to African Americans in Michigan and had to pull out the race card in an attempt to stifle any momentum from that speech.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 04:04:17 PM »

Hillary Clinton sports an actual terrorist as a supporter. Should we paint all Hillary supporters as terrorists? Of course not.

This is guttural politics at its finest. Impugning Republicans to be racist. It's the same tried, terrible playbook used by liberals with nothing else in their arsenal for generations. I read this as Hillary did not like what Donald said to African Americans in Michigan and had to pull out the race card in an attempt to stifle any momentum from that speech.
I only approve when Dinesh d'Souza does it.
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 04:12:38 PM »

Equates one supporter who is the father of a terrorist to a candidate who receives the backing of an entire fringe element of American society, plus other assorted racists. Are you even trying at this point?
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 04:17:04 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 04:18:40 PM by The Advocate »

This is guttural politics at its finest. Impugning Republicans to be racist. It's the same tried, terrible playbook used by liberals with nothing else in their arsenal for generations.

Not to mention this Dixiecrat...

So, Hillary was friendly with and received the support of Sen. Byrd, who spent a considerable portion, if not majority, of his political career, publicly apologizing for and rebuking his earlier association with the KKK in the 1940s and pursuing policies that would improve the lives of African Americans and other minorities. If this is the very best you people can do, I actually feel rather sad for you.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 04:18:38 PM »

Equates one supporter who is the father of a terrorist to a candidate who receives the backing of an entire fringe element of American society, plus other assorted racists. Are you even trying at this point?
No. I am talking about Omar Mateen, the actual terrorist, not the father, who showed up at a rally and was inexplicably put right behind Hillary, making for terrible optics. I can provide a link, as needed.

Both parties have fringe loonies in them is my point. No candidate is going to say, "don't vote for me," please, when their job is to get as many votes from as many people as possible.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 04:20:14 PM »

This is guttural politics at its finest. Impugning Republicans to be racist. It's the same tried, terrible playbook used by liberals with nothing else in their arsenal for generations.

So, Hillary was friendly with and received the support of Sen. Byrd, who spent a considerable portion, if not majority, of his political career, publicly apologizing for and rebuking his earlier association with the KKK in the 1940s and pursuing policies that would improve the lives of African Americans and other minorities. If this is the very best you people can do, I actually feel rather sad for you.

Whatever happened to Strom Thurmond?
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 04:23:24 PM »

No. I am talking about Omar Mateen, the actual terrorist, not the father, who showed up at a rally and was inexplicably put right behind Hillary, making for terrible optics. I can provide a link, as needed.

Both parties have fringe loonies in them is my point. No candidate is going to say, "don't vote for me," please.

Ah, I did not know Omar Mateen was a supporter of Clinton. Nevertheless, my point still stands. Almost every Republican receives an endorsement from those associated with the KKK and you can't entirely fault them for it considering their policies do tend to be the most acceptable to such racists. But I am not referring to a few loons here and there - they do not define a candidate, even Trump. What defines a candidate, such as Trump, is the total embrace he receives by the Alt Right, notable figures such as David Duke, and his campaign's willing association with Breitbart News, whose owner (Bannon) embraced these fanatics, enabled his site to become a platform for their views, and even after all that, hired by Trump to manage his campaign. That's the difference.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 04:29:03 PM »

Trump's response is typical Kellyanne Conway-written nonsense.

by the way, Robert Byrd is one U.S. Senator who apologized for years and attempted to right his wrongs. David Duke, and thousands of others not only praise Donald, but feel like they're a part of the conversation thanks to White Power Donald. There is no god damn comparison and I know politics makes people deranged enough to believe "BOTH SIDES DO IT" but it's just ridiculous.
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 04:29:22 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 05:15:06 PM by The Advocate »

Whatever happened to Strom Thurmond?

Edit: Nevermind, I misread who posted this. My apologies!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies