Trump supporters: Why do you think the KKK is supporting your candidate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:59:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump supporters: Why do you think the KKK is supporting your candidate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump supporters: Why do you think the KKK is supporting your candidate?  (Read 1948 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2016, 06:41:16 PM »

The racist organization is overwhelmingly supporting Trump over other candidates.

Please note that I'm not asking you anything about why some KKK members might by chance support one of the other candidates running (if that's even happening at all); I'm asking why you think they mostly support Donald.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 06:47:07 PM »

Who cares? A candidate isn't defined by their most extreme supporters.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 06:51:01 PM »

That's not what I'm asking.

I want to know what Trump supporters feel attracts the racist organization to their candidate.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 06:51:40 PM »

I guess that those guys, that in one or another way are related to this business, are overwhelmingly supporting Clinton in this election.

Cocaine Incorporated
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Or what do you think?

I hope  I got my point across Smiley
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 06:54:02 PM »

That's not what I'm asking.

I want to know what Trump supporters feel attracts the racist organization to their candidate.

Dunno. Why did they endorse Reagan in 1984?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »

I guess that those guys, that in one or another way are related to this business, are overwhelmingly supporting Clinton in this election.

Cocaine Incorporated
Or what do you think?

I hope  I got my point across Smiley

You didn't.

I'm not asking about Hillary, or any other candidate.

Why do racists back Trump?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 06:57:50 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 07:03:28 PM by LittleBigPlanet »

Cocaine Incorporated
Or what do you think?

I hope  I got my point across Smiley

You didn't.

I'm not asking about Hillary, or any other candidate.

Why do racists back Trump?
One of the reasons why drug dealers back Clinton is that they hate Trump border politics.
One of the reasons why racists back Trump is that love Trump border politics.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 07:06:06 PM »

Economic anxiety of course.
Trapsy

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 07:16:11 PM »

wait.. back up, why did he hire Steven Bannon in the first place?
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 07:17:43 PM »

Being the party of the first black President probably poisoned the well for Democrats ever winning KKK voters
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 07:31:00 PM »

Probably white guilt after years of voting for Democrats to destroy the cities, they actually see the damage they caused in the African-American communities.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 07:31:55 PM »

Probably white guilt after years of voting for Democrats to destroy the cities, they actually see the damage they caused in the African-American communities.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 07:33:12 PM »

For the same reason terrorists, like Omar Mateen, support Hillary Clinton. Every part of every party has fringe lunatics. Shame on Hillary Clinton for pulling the race card today.

And this:

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 07:38:50 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2016, 07:45:27 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

The Klan is supporting Trump because they want to abolish any type of political correctness and have their views treated with undeserved respect that is normally reserved for other more respectable ideologies. They back Trump for the same reason that I as a libertarian-ish Republican back him: he'll burn down the system and allow for others to fill the voids left. I want a Rand Paul/Justin Amash type of Republican Party to replace the void left by the (thankfully dead) brand of movement conservatism represented by Rubio and company, they want a David Duke/Jarred Taylor brand for the party.

It is the same reason that they supported Ron Paul, even though he often denounced them and other racists as collectivists. They are interlopers in the Republican Party, looking to hijack a movement that just happens to be at war with the same folks.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 07:41:01 PM »

Worked in 1972 when McGovern ran, also worked in '64 when the KKK practically endorsed Goldwater...oh wait.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 07:46:51 PM »

For the same reason terrorists, like Omar Mateen, support Hillary Clinton. Every part of every party has fringe lunatics. Shame on Hillary Clinton for pulling the race card today.

And this:

wowee
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 07:57:59 PM »

This isn't just a matter of a couple of fringe people. A lot of prominent people in Trump's campaign (not to mention the guy himself) have said some incredibly questionable things. The whole point of Hillary's speech wasn't that a couple of random racists support Trump, it's that racial resentment and white nationalism have been a key component of Trump's campaign.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 08:30:26 PM »

The Klan is supporting Trump because they want to abolish any type of political correctness and have their views treated with undeserved respect that is normally reserved for other more respectable ideologies. They back Trump for the same reason that I as a libertarian-ish Republican back him: he'll burn down the system and allow for others to fill the voids left. I want a Rand Paul/Justin Amash type of Republican Party to replace the void left by the (thankfully dead) brand of movement conservatism represented by Rubio and company, they want a David Duke/Jarred Taylor brand for the party.

It is the same reason that they supported Ron Paul, even though he often denounced them and other racists as collectivists. They are interlopers in the Republican Party, looking to hijack a movement that just happens to be at war with the same folks.

Don't hold your breath.

Anyway, minoroties and especially Black people vote Democrat.  The KKK isn't too fond of minoroties, especially Black people.  Didn't they endorse Romney (I honestly don't know), who is clearly not racist whatsoever?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 08:50:10 PM »

Don't hold your breath.

The really funny thing about declaring it to be dead is that, today, a very large, maybe majority, of its supporters are in fact young Republicans, especially when compared with strands like Trumpism which, to be completely frank, receive support disproportionately from the elderly and from high-mortality areas.

On the other hand, Chairman Sanchez's preferred ideology (of Paul/Amash types) is also disproportionately found among young Republicans. So he may not be too disappointed with the future of the party.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 09:01:40 PM »

That brand of movement conservatism is far from dead
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 10:36:16 PM »

That brand of movement conservatism is far from dead
It voided it's bowels and choked on its own blood and vomit as Trump's massive hands squeezed the last tortured, labored breath.
kyc0705

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 10:46:42 PM »

And this:

wowee

much racists very wow
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 11:45:48 PM »

lol i'm agreeing with Sanchez movement conservatives are clowns and on their way out the door.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 04:52:23 AM »

So Trump supporters can't answer a simple question, but instead just bring up other candidates to defend their own.  Even though, ya know, I asked them not to do that but to just focus on their guy.

Oh well.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 05:25:58 AM »

Because he not only supports the cornerstone policies of white supremacy and nationalism, he prioritizes them. They're literally why he won the nomination.

I love watching conservatives squirm, project and throw faux outrage over "the race card" when this stuff gets brought up. What exactly do people think white supremacy and nationalism consist of besides screaming racial epithets? If it were only that, then it wouldn't be a political philosophy and ideology. It's literally built on policies related to creating massive police state presence and social/economic restrictions anywhere a foreigner or minority may be found: huge borders/walls, immigration quotas, "English-only" mandates, calls for "law and order", protectionism, and so forth.

White supremacists support Trump because Trump is a white supremacist for all intents and purposes. He embraces their core policies to a T and emphasizes them above all else. These are literally the policies of white nationalism and for anybody trying to claim that they're "conservative principles" that were hijacked by white supremacists instead, know that all of them exist(ed) outside both conservatism and the Republican Party for a long time and most predate both the GOP and conservatism.

White nationalists didn't adopt conservative or Republican principles; conservatives and Republicans adopted white nationalist principles.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies