The war in Iraq started August 2002
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:09:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The war in Iraq started August 2002
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The war in Iraq started August 2002  (Read 1188 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2005, 02:04:43 PM »

In April 2002, instead of concentrating on going after Al Qaeda in Afganistan, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia, Bush and Blair agree to go after Iraq.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The British wanted to make the war be legal.

Plan B was bombing Iraq to provoke war, so that we could be justified. Neither Congress or the American people were told about this.

But no dice, Saddam didn't retaliate to being attacked.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-smith23jun23,1,5711167.story?ctrack=1&cset=true
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 02:39:25 PM »

Saddam Hussein: a useful idiot.

Next up: Kim Jong Il.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 02:51:45 PM »

K
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 03:00:35 PM »

10 tons in one month?  That's half the tonnage carried by a single B-52.

The U.S. dropped 40 thousand tons of ordinance per month in the first Gulf War.  54.6 tons in one month constitutes a war?  More like 1/1000 of a war.

Also note that air strikes against Saddam were used hundreds of times during Clinton's presidency.  Clinton launched over a thousand cruise missiles in under a week in December 1998.  You should re-title this thread "The war in Iraq started December 1998".
Shira

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 03:38:15 PM »

and after him: G.W.Bush
Shira

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 04:21:13 PM »

Somehow equating President Bush with either Saddam Hussein or Kim Jong Il just seems over the line, Shira. I am not a Bush fan but that is just unacceptable.

In my view G.W.Bush should be impeached. Note the expression "a useful idiot".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 04:23:34 PM »

Somehow equating President Bush with either Saddam Hussein or Kim Jong Il just seems over the line, Shira. I am not a Bush fan but that is just unacceptable.
Let's ask Rumsfeld what he thinks.

TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 06:54:20 PM »

Based under what charges? You can't say the invasion of Iraq, because Congress had the same information and voted for the invasion. If Bush must go on this, so too must Congress. The arguement that Bush deceived them to vote for the war is weak at best, but mostly just stupid. Regardless of their political standings, these people are relatively intelligent and can form an educated opinion for themselves.

Now, in regards to Clinton, he did lie to grand jury and commit purgery, but I don't think it fell under the clause of "high crimes and misdemeanors". Impeaching him for lying about a bj before a grand jury was a stupid thing for the Republicans to do. In my opinion, it made them look bad.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 06:57:36 PM »

Based under what charges? You can't say the invasion of Iraq, because Congress had the same information and voted for the invasion. If Bush must go on this, so too must Congress. The arguement that Bush deceived them to vote for the war is weak at best, but mostly just stupid. Regardless of their political standings, these people are relatively intelligent and can form an educated opinion for themselves.

Now, in regards to Clinton, he did lie to grand jury and commit purgery, but I don't think it fell under the clause of "high crimes and misdemeanors". Impeaching him for lying about a bj before a grand jury was a stupid thing for the Republicans to do. In my opinion, it made them look bad.

They didn't have the same information as Bush. That's a bunch of crap. Congress should be impeached, but that's irrelevant to this.
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 07:02:43 PM »

They didn't have the same information as Bush. That's a bunch of crap. Congress should be impeached, but that's irrelevant to this.

Uh, ok.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies