HRC's Speech Strategy Paying Off
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:05:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  HRC's Speech Strategy Paying Off
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: HRC's Speech Strategy Paying Off  (Read 1476 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2016, 02:48:47 AM »
« edited: August 26, 2016, 02:56:22 AM by Arch »

Hillary has successfully connected Trump to Alt-Right and like-minded groups through her speech. Part of the commentary in the previous thread was that this would bring these fringe groups to the forefront of the conversation, galvanizing them to take to the waves and profess their support for Trump and what he's done for them, completing the connection of Trump with white nationalism/supremacy.

It has only been a couple of hours since the speech, and the results are starting to pay off in dividends. I believe, as it was pointed out in previous posts, that this speech was more than just a carefully developed argument against all that Trump has stood for what is now over a year. Yes, it was that on the surface, and it was amazingly effective just looking at it from that perspective. However, the speech was also engineered to have a sympathetic detonation ripple effect, if you may, which makes it that much more sinister and difficult for Trump to fend off.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-alt-right_us_57bf3d8be4b04193420e2d3d
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 03:04:55 AM »

nb4 somebody Seriously begins CORRECTING THE RECORD
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 03:57:46 AM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 04:02:12 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 04:09:05 AM »

And NOW stuck behind rapist Bill Clinton.. Your point? Partisan hacks of a feather stick together. The NAACP should be ashamed of themselves for praising a Kleagle of the KKK.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 04:16:32 AM »
« Edited: August 26, 2016, 04:18:59 AM by Joe Republic »

And NOW stuck behind rapist Bill Clinton.. Your point? Partisan hacks of a feather stick together. The NAACP should be ashamed of themselves for praising a Kleagle of the KKK.

I'm enjoying the near perfect inverse correlation between Trump's polling numbers and the vitriol level of Seriously's nonsensical attacks on Hillary Clinton each day.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 04:55:18 AM »

Rapist Bill?

You know Trump is being accused of raping a 13 year old girl right?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 05:04:06 AM »

I'm enjoying the near perfect inverse correlation between Trump's polling numbers and the vitriol level of Seriously's nonsensical attacks on Hillary Clinton each day.
Fact: Hillary's "mentor" Robert KKK Byrd (along with Bill's mentor Fulbright) lead a 60-day filibuster against the Civil Rights Act of 1967.

Fact: Hillary's "mentor" Robert KKK Byrd used the word "white ni**er" on television in 2000.

Believe whatever you want from the NAACP, but Byrd was no champion of minority rights.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 05:09:51 AM »

You are truly precious.  This isn't going to work, you know.  Better luck tomorrow, I guess.  (Or later today?  Looks like you're pulling another all-nighter.)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 06:29:05 AM »

Rapist Bill?

You know Trump is being accused of raping a 13 year old girl right?

Along with his ex-wife and a business partners wife, both of which he settled out of court and had gag orders installed. So he admitted he raped both of them and paid them off and shut them up.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 06:52:43 AM »

It wouldn't appear in the rolling average for a few days. Neither convention bounce began until later.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 06:54:13 AM »

Like that thing matters.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 07:32:06 AM »

Clinton airing Trump out like this also makes an immigration pivot impossible for him
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 08:28:25 AM »

You wish!

Even if it might have impact, we don't know it yet.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 09:18:52 AM »

Look, I agree that there's no evidence of this, but posting essentially the same post four times makes you look ridiculous.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 09:27:20 AM »

The speech was less than 24 hours ago ...
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 09:29:13 AM »

Ryan, McConnell, Priebus, Gingrich, Carson, etc have all been silent about it. None of his major "allies" are defending him.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 09:33:22 AM »

Ryan, McConnell, Priebus, Gingrich, Carson, etc have all been silent about it. None of his major "allies" are defending him.

It was such a ridiculous and horrible speech that it doesn't deserve to be dignified with a response.

Lol
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »

It was such a ridiculous and horrible speech that it doesn't deserve to be dignified with a response.

I agree, you candidate is enabling and supporting such horrible people and views. Such a pity a speech was required to outline what he's done and said.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 09:47:03 AM »

It must be sad to be illiterate.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 10:31:29 AM »

So there is no evidence it could have paid off. I agree.

Idk man, the YouTube like/dislike ratio for her speech tells me that it might have backfired. /s

Obviously there's no way to tell what impact her speech had on her poll numbers (or whether there was any effect at all).

Lollol. YouTube is filled with AltRight people of course they won't like the speech.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 10:35:19 AM »

Idk man, the YouTube like/dislike ratio for her speech tells me that it might have backfired. /s
Grin
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 10:36:54 AM »

It must be sad to be illiterate.
The only people it's been sad for recently is us.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 10:43:57 AM »

To answer our broken record here, the evidence, at the time given the recency of the speech, is that the media is reporting and giving time to these people who are, subsequently, connecting themselves to Trump all over the nation--from the local radio station to the national news networks. This effectively makes it impossible for Trump to disassociate himself from them in an effort to counter the claims in the speech, and, rightly so, because he has been tacitly depending on and appealing to these people for over a year now.

If you require poll evidence to see an impact and not just a look at how the current conversation has changed on the narrative, then you will have to wait because, as many pointed out in this thread before me, the speech wasn't even 24 hours ago, and it will take a bit to reflect in the polls, if anything.

One important thing to consider is that, he doesn't necessarily need to drop in the polls further as evidence that the speech was effective, although it is possible. What is likely to happen is that more Rs who were on the fence will solidify under Clinton or bake in their decision to non-vote protest the presidential candidate/vote for a 3rd party candidate.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 01:18:00 PM »

One important thing to consider is that, he doesn't necessarily need to drop in the polls further as evidence that the speech was effective, although it is possible. What is likely to happen is that more Rs who were on the fence will solidify under Clinton or bake in their decision to non-vote protest the presidential candidate/vote for a 3rd party candidate.
I agree with you that it might be the case. But...

I didn't watch her speech, but did she really come with new facts that could persuade/solidify those who already disliked Trump? I mean, there are a good orators, who can manage to "hide" their "bigotry" while appealing to "racist" voters, but, let's face it, Trump is not one of them. Contrariwise, he've been so consistently open with his views, that it was almost impossible to miss it. I mean, look at "I-don't-know-Who-Duke-is"!

Probably, Hillary presented old facts in some good way; presentation does matter, but... I doubt it. But like I said, I didn't watch, so who knows?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies