Please stop responding to Seriously
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:24:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Please stop responding to Seriously
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please stop responding to Seriously  (Read 792 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2016, 11:04:07 AM »

I know this is gonna get moved but I want visibility.

Every god damn thread only gets a few posts in before Seriously? just starts copy-and-pasting stuff that's posted on r/the_donald and you guys all rush over to respond and argue with him.  It completely derails threads.  If there's one thing I don't need to read any more of it's people trying to argue with the guy.  Sometimes I read on in hopes that some other conversation might pop up later down the thread but it usually doesn't happen.

For heaven's sake, just stop responding.  You're not proving anything to anyone by pointing out that Bill Clinton never raped anybody or that Hillary Clinton isn't dying.  And you're certainly not going to convince him.  All you're doing is giving him what he wants and helping to destroy a thread.  Just stop.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 11:07:55 AM »

Yea, I've been thinking about this myself, and I agree. He's better left off in his own bubble of stupendous cognitive dissonance.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 11:10:28 AM »

Or, better yet, just put him on ignore. It makes this board significantly more tolerable.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 11:11:39 AM »

Or, better yet, just put him on ignore. It makes this board significantly more tolerable.

I'd like to but everyone else keeps responding to him so it's not like it would salvage any threads.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 11:12:35 AM »

I know this is gonna get moved but I want visibility.

Every god damn thread only gets a few posts in before Seriously? just starts copy-and-pasting stuff that's posted on r/the_donald and you guys all rush over to respond and argue with him.  It completely derails threads.  If there's one thing I don't need to read any more of it's people trying to argue with the guy.  Sometimes I read on in hopes that some other conversation might pop up later down the thread but it usually doesn't happen.

For heaven's sake, just stop responding.  You're not proving anything to anyone by pointing out that Bill Clinton never raped anybody or that Hillary Clinton isn't dying.  And you're certainly not going to convince him.  All you're doing is giving him what he wants and helping to destroy a thread.  Just stop.

Will do.

It's cathartic to highlight the... problems of archetypical Trump supporters. But you're absolutely right that it doesn't contribute anything to discussing the election.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 11:15:50 AM »

Calling it now: Seriously will post in this thread and multiple people will respond to him

Trapsy

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 11:26:53 AM »

Trump is derailed.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 11:48:40 AM »

He's almost singlehandedly ruined this board. I have no idea how he has the time to post here this much. Dude's entire life consists of doing pro bono damage control for the Trump campaign on a small internet forum.

What makes you certain it's pro bono?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 11:58:51 AM »

I didn't know that this board was for Democrats only.

You folks are truly intolerant human beings that can't stomach someone that challenges your world view and thinking.

Apparently, all that should be posted in an elections forum is stuff that is pro-Clinton. Gotcha.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 12:05:14 PM »

It was the same thing that had Sparks getting in trouble. The biggest thing was the derailment aspect (although Seriously has a few more problems than that going on, like knowingly posting from unreliable sources).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 12:09:13 PM »

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 01:15:26 PM »

To paraphrase Warren Buffett's 2 rules of investing:
Rule one: Always ignore Seriously?
Rule two: Never forget rule one.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 01:24:27 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2016, 01:29:22 PM by Seriously? »

It was the same thing that had Sparks getting in trouble. The biggest thing was the derailment aspect (although Seriously has a few more problems than that going on, like knowingly posting from unreliable sources).
Name one "unreliable" source that I have posted from.

You liberals so love being the arbiter of what's acceptable. And your scorn and ridicule will do NOTHING to deter me.

The fact is, you don't like the message, so you seek to censor it. Over and over and over again.

It's really appalling how the left on this board treats most blue avatars that don't agree with them, including posts like this in an attempt to quell discourse. You should be taking your tolerance and diversity memes to heart. Instead you try to shut the other side down. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 01:28:59 PM »

You liberals so love being the arbiter of what's acceptable. And your scorn and ridicule will do NOTHING to deter me.

The fact is, you don't like the message, so you seek to censor it. Over and over and over again.

If I started saying Trump was a murderer and a rapist who killed people every day and was about to die, would you try to kick me off? You aren't a normal hack, friend, you're a liar and an argumentative one at that.
kyc0705

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 01:30:07 PM »

He's almost singlehandedly ruined the 2016 board. I have no idea how he has the time to post here this much. Dude's entire life consists of doing pro bono damage control for the Trump campaign on a small internet forum.
kyc0705

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 01:30:51 PM »

If I started saying Trump was a murderer and a rapist who killed people every day and was about to die, would you try to kick me off? You aren't a normal hack, friend, you're a liar and an argumentative one at that.

The whole point of this thread was that we shouldn't provoke Seriously by responding to his posts. And you did exactly that.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »

To paraphrase Warren Buffett's 2 rules of investing:
Rule one: Always ignore Seriously?
Rule two: Never forget rule one.
NEVER FORGET RULE ONE
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 01:47:41 PM »

It's a good thing Seriously? hasn't found this thread yet. He hasn't posted at all in it last I checked. Hopefully it stays that way Wink
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2016, 02:02:26 PM by TimTurner »

It's a good thing Seriously? hasn't found this thread yet. He hasn't posted at all in it last I checked. Hopefully it stays that way Wink
I ask myself, Seriously? Is this real? It's such a shock that it is.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 02:02:04 PM »

It's invariably funny pointing out all the reasons why he should be embarrassed, though, either by Trump's activities or his own behavior.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »

Who cares?

We all know he'll pack his bags in November if and when Trump gets squashed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies