"Everything" Ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:24:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  "Everything" Ad
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Everything" Ad  (Read 1297 times)
Rand
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2016, 01:44:33 PM »

https://youtu.be/4q2oLn8Bmfo

Hillary Clinton has released a new ad in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina today.  The "Everything" ad uses Donald Trump's own condescending words and rally footage of Trump supporters assaulting African Americans to depict Trump as a threat to America's Black population.  Notably absent are any references to White Supremacist groups' support for Trump.  Quality ad that proves Donald Trump is the Clinton campaign's best weapon.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 01:47:02 PM »

Trump is his own enemy.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 01:47:51 PM »

https://youtu.be/4q2oLn8Bmfo

Hillary Clinton has released a new ad in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina today.  The "Everything" ad uses Donald Trump's own condescending words and rally footage of Trump supporters assaulting African Americans to depict Trump as a threat to America's Black population.  Notably absent are any references to White Supremacist groups' support for Trump.  Quality ad that proves Donald Trump is the Clinton campaign's best weapon.
I like how Clinton let Trump finish his "pivot" before coming out in force.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 02:06:23 PM »

Like Hillary to herself ...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 02:10:02 PM »

A little over the top but I guess we kind of need to when we're running against a cartoon character.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 02:10:17 PM »

Would have been much better if they had Trump in the background urging them to be thrown out.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 02:20:04 PM »

I expect this is the first of many similar ads.

I also wish they had actually used positive footage of Hillary saying they have everything to lose. It almost seems like it's too authoritative to have an omniscient narrator proclaim that the objective answer to Trump's rhetorical question is "everything." I dunno... feels presumptuous. But this is the right angle for sure.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 02:20:44 PM »

I also wish they had actually used positive footage of Hillary saying they have everything to lose. It almost seems like it's too authoritative to have an omniscient narrator proclaim that the objective answer to Trump's rhetorical question is "everything." I dunno... feels presumptuous. But this is the right angle for sure.
It needed Morgan Freeman.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 02:21:41 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2016, 02:26:23 PM by LittleBigPlanet »

Nice ad!

"What the hell do you have to lose?" — I couldn't have said it better myself Smiley

At least if you ever been in ghetto black community (I doubt that it is better in USA than in Sweden) Grin
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 02:31:30 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 02:32:50 PM »

We needs ads like this, because Trump's candidacy really isn't funny anymore. It's a serious threat to our country, and has to be addressed as such.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 04:27:44 PM »

"Everything"??   What is she implying will happen that would mean losing everything?  It's shameless fearmongering.  Black people in this country face enough problems, they don't need vague made up threats, especially those proclaimed by someone who comes in and presents themselves as the only answer to it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 04:35:57 PM »

"Everything"??   What is she implying will happen that would mean losing everything?  It's shameless fearmongering.  Black people in this country face enough problems, they don't need vague made up threats, especially those proclaimed by someone who comes in and presents themselves as the only answer to it.

Unless you assume they have nothing, they do have a lot to lose, as does the Hispanic community, thus, everything. It's not fearmongering; it's a simple answer to a stupid question. Smiley
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 04:41:18 PM »

You release white nationalists like Jared Taylor have stated that a "great number" of their kind are going to "infiltrate" Trump's administration, right? Minorities are absolutely in danger.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 06:05:50 PM »

Would have been much better if they had Trump in the background urging them to be thrown out.

I agree, but there is so much racially-tinged material to work with I think throwing it all into one ad would be too much.  There will probably be another ad incorporating his "throw them out" comments.  The Clinton campaign is playing it very smart with their ads.  When Clinton said "we have a lot to hit him on," she knew exactly what their strategy was going forward.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 10:20:02 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2016, 10:23:44 PM by shua »

Unless you assume they have nothing, they do have a lot to lose, as does the Hispanic community, thus, everything. It's not fearmongering; it's a simple answer to a stupid question. Smiley

Something = a lot = everything.  Great logic there.  If you really believed it I'm not sure how you could say so with a smiley face.

You release white nationalists like Jared Taylor have stated that a "great number" of their kind are going to "infiltrate" Trump's administration, right? Minorities are absolutely in danger.

How will this infiltration occur?  What will it accomplish?   Are we really going to be so incredibly powerless to stop it if Trump gets elected?

It says a lot I think that Clinton doesn't think she can get black people to go out and vote for her without resort to excessive hyperbole.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 10:46:57 PM »

Something = a lot = everything.  Great logic there.  If you really believed it I'm not sure how you could say so with a smiley face.

It's quite simple really. These communities have been working for decades to make small strides and accomplish overall progress in society and policy. A Trump presidency more likely than not means that these communities stand to lose most, if not all of the progress they've made over years within the span of a couple of years.

The logic is straightforward. A lot of work over a long time has gone into producing something, which for upcoming generations represents increased opportunities and the ability to work their way up and continue the progress. If they lost that something, then they've been set back to step 1, which means they've lost decades of progress (a figurative everything).

What do Hispanics and African-Americans have to lose? A lot. And that means everything to us. Does this make sense to you?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 10:50:46 PM »

It's why they don't invest in big picture high risk candidates. They know what it's like to actually be on the wrong side on the system but after decades of progress they aren't going to blow it up for the sake of it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies