Is Breitbart the media "platform for the alt-right" ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:13:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Breitbart the media "platform for the alt-right" ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Breotbart News (website) a major media "platform for the alt-right" movement ?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Is Breitbart the media "platform for the alt-right" ?  (Read 1805 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2016, 02:44:14 AM »
« edited: August 27, 2016, 02:46:36 AM by ProudModerate2 »

Stephen Bannon, chairman of Breitbart Media and one of trump's new high-in-command leaders for his campaign, told Mother Jones "We're the platform for the alt-right," when interviewed at the Republican National Convention (RNC) in July.
Link: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/stephen-bannon-donald-trump-alt-right-breitbart-news

Question : Do you believe that Breitbart News (website) is a major media "platform for the alt-right" movement ?

Vote and discuss.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 03:43:27 AM »

I think they prefer the Daily Stormer.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 04:07:57 AM »

I think they prefer the Daily Stormer.

Not to be confused with Der Stürmer.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 04:57:03 AM »

I thought The Right Stuff is their haven
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 07:49:59 AM »

Yes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 11:15:02 AM »

Literally, all the #NeverTrump Republicans loved Breitbart until this year. I can remember many of the #NeverTrump folks I know from my personal experiences in politics memorializing him profusely when Breitbart himself died.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 11:37:44 AM »

Literally, all the #NeverTrump Republicans loved Breitbart until this year. I can remember many of the #NeverTrump folks I know from my personal experiences in politics memorializing him profusely when Breitbart himself died.
Hypocrites.

I've read Breitbart. It's pure, unadulterated crap served on a bun. At least Huffpo has an aggregate poll average, which is useful. Breitbart is so smug, it makes smug liberals look downright humble.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 11:41:25 AM »

That's because there is a huge difference between Breitbart the man and Breitbart the newspaper. Andrew Breitbart would be rolling in his grave right now.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 11:46:46 AM »

Hypocrites.

I've read Breitbart. It's pure, unadulterated crap served on a bun. At least Huffpo has an aggregate poll average, which is useful. Breitbart is so smug, it makes smug liberals look downright humble.
Breitbart didn't become trash until after Andrew Breitbart died.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 11:54:55 AM »

Hypocrites.

Breitbart didn't become trash until after Andrew Breitbart died.

Well, it was always a little loony, but it didn't completely lose the last touches with reality until this past year. Once Andrew Breitbart died then it became a Trumpian Pravda tabloid and never looked back.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »

We probably still would love Breitbart if, you know, Breitbart was actually still the guy in charge of it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 02:35:22 PM »

That's because there is a huge difference between Breitbart the man and Breitbart the newspaper. Andrew Breitbart would be rolling in his grave right now.
The same Andrew Breitbart who called Occupy protesters "rapist scumbag freaks?" Andrew Breitbart had and would today have no right to oppose Trump considering his own beliefs and his own personal rhetorical style. Breitbart and company are the exact archetype of the Republicans who fostered the conditions that Trump ultimately exploited. It has nothing to do with Trump's personal or political disagreements. These Breitbart/Ted Cruz/Marco Rubio "True Conservatives" are in fact nothing more than a giant Potemkin village for the party establishment that quite literally almost destroyed this country during Dubya's presidency.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 05:12:40 PM »

Andrew Breitbart was scum, just like Bannon and friends, so I doubt it.

But he was their kind of scum.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 05:26:18 PM »

Andrew Breitbart would not be "rolling in his grave". He'd be over-joyed he found such a revenue stream and more of a platform to be gross and disgusting.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 05:54:25 PM »

Nah. 4chan is. But yeah, Breitbart's gone off the deep end - ClarkKent, Vosem and TJ are right on about that.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 06:05:46 PM »

The thing about Breitbart which is why I would've considered him a joke even if I was a conservative, is that he never really cared about policy, I don't recall him ever talking about reducing the rates in tax brackets or anything. He seemed to think that just being an obnoxious offensive jackass in an effort to undermine "cultural Marxism" (which by the way is not just something he intended to be a hyperbolic slur, Breitbart really did believe that there was a Marxist conspiracy to take over America, and that a big portion of that was undermining it via feminism and political correctness and liberal values...seriously) was the most important cause of our times. Which made it a perfect fit.

Milo is pretty much the same thing on steroids, which is why I'm pretty sure anyone who actually likes him is a real life bully (as I've accused Classic Conservative of), to anyone who believes that he's simply a "strong conservative voice" or whatever please point me to any time he wrote a long well thought out and sourced attack on Obamacare or liberal tax policy or environmental policies or something. No he doesn't, he just declares his birthday "Patriarchy Day" and then openly calls to sexually harass women on it because OMG THAT IS SO F[INKS]ING HILARIOUS.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 07:36:22 PM »

Didn't Breitbart have something to do with the Anthony Weiner scandal, or am I misremembering?  I thank him for bringing us that entertainment.  He was never my favorite, and I do consider him a precursor to the alt-right, but I imagine he's rolling in his grave over what they've done to his name.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 12:26:57 AM »

Andrew Breitbart would not be "rolling in his grave". He'd be over-joyed he found such a revenue stream and more of a platform to be gross and disgusting.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 12:41:47 AM »

Didn't Breitbart have something to do with the Anthony Weiner scandal, or am I misremembering?  I thank him for bringing us that entertainment.  He was never my favorite, and I do consider him a precursor to the alt-right, but I imagine he's rolling in his grave over what they've done to his name.
Ironic timing!
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 04:38:55 PM »

Isn't /pol/?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies