Trump Being Compared To Hitler
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:40:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Being Compared To Hitler
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump Being Compared To Hitler  (Read 3166 times)
Randy71
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2016, 08:46:52 AM »

Certain people compare Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler. I've seen people doctor up photos that give Trump a Hitler mustache and Swastikas. This is what I have to say about Trump being compared to Hitler. IT IS RIDICULOUS! Hitler was an evil maniac. Because of him, thousands and thousands of people ended up dead. Trenches had to be dug and dead bodies were tossed into the trenches because of the huge amount of casualties.

Where are the trenches of dead bodies that Trump is responsible for? THERE ARE NONE AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT! I will admit that Trump is not perfect. He has flaws. If I were to say that Trump is the greatest politician who has ever lived, I would be a liar. Trump is not perfect but he is not another Adolf Hitler and people know it.

Before anymore Trump haters compare Trump to Hitler, they should examine Hillary Clinton. She has flaws just like Trump. It is unfair of people to condemn Trump and praise Hillary. People call Trump corrupt. Hillary is corrupt. Many people are aware that she is corrupt but I wish that everybody was aware of it. Trump is no angel but neither is Hillary.

Certain people also used Swastikas when George W. Bush became President Elect in 2000. They tried to make Bush look like Hitler also. Bush wasn't a fantastic President but he was no Adolf Hitler and neither is Trump.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 08:50:22 AM »

As I said:
There's no way Shy Trump effect exists Grin
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »

Yay, false equivalence at any price.

Trump is terrible enough without needing to invoke Hitler, nor the desperate response of trying to suggest Hillary and Trump are just as "bad" as each other.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »

Even Hitler had to be elected first...
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 09:34:29 AM »

Trump himself said Hillary is the co-founder of ISIS. The facts don't matter anymore.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 09:44:22 AM »

Trump himself said Hillary is the co-founder of ISIS. The facts don't matter anymore.
But it's true. The whole establishment is responsible for rise of ISIS (Middle East politics). Each of them Smiley
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 09:45:07 AM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 11:25:45 AM »

2016 Kasich Campaign ad, Martin Niemoller's famous quote against Nazism.
Watch it and learn .....
YouTube link: https://youtu.be/65OG3Wci_-8
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 11:51:07 AM »

Certain people compare Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler. I've seen people doctor up photos that give Trump a Hitler mustache and Swastikas. This is what I have to say about Trump being compared to Hitler. IT IS RIDICULOUS! Hitler was an evil maniac. Because of him, thousands and thousands of people ended up dead. Trenches had to be dug and dead bodies were tossed into the trenches because of the huge amount of casualties.
More like tens of millions.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 01:22:11 PM »

JUST LIKE HITLER, Bush and Clinton was responsible for "trenches of thousands and thousands of dead bodies", and if Trump Hillary got elected, his death toll might be even higher.
Fixed it! Smiley
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 02:31:56 PM »

Hitler wasn't responsible for trenches full of bodies before he took power, either.

The Trump-fascism comparison is not one that I would use in an attempt to convince anyone not to vote for him, but that doesn't mean that it is uninstructive: the demagogic populism, the obsession with foreign and domestic enemies defined by racial or ethnic characteristics as the cause of the nation's problems, the focus on a great leader as the personified solution to all of these problems through sheer force of charisma ("I alone can solve!"), the disregard for rule of law and the outcomes of elections ("I tell you, it's rigged!"), the tolerance and casual treatment of political violence that has regularly crossed the line from tacit to open sanction. We could go on. Let's not even get into the male virility angle.

Personally, I think that Silvio Berlusconi is the single best prior reference point for understanding Trump. Of course, you might recall that one of the major backers of Berlusconi's coalition was a party of "reformed" cryptofascists. (I believe their preferred nomenclature is "post-fascism.")
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 04:25:08 PM »

A home-made sign from a past protest, against Little-Hands-Drumpf-Fuhrer ......

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 04:47:38 PM »

Modern comparisons to Hitler are meaningless. Hitler is responsible for the deadliest war in history and mechanized government death camps. Anyone actually comparing Trump to Hitler is a moron and should be ignored. The end.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 04:52:32 PM »

Modern comparisons to Hitler are meaningless.

I guess it's good to know who our resident nihilists are.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 08:09:17 PM »

Infinitely preferable than being some hackish chicken little clucking about how a person who disagrees with me and also happens to be rude is therefore the most evil danger ever faced. 5 months ago there were hacks on here claiming that Trump was literally a fascist because the definition of fascism as defined by liberal college professor X in 2005 includes wanting a better country. *GASP!

The idea that this election is anything more than yet another Godawful choice between lying crooks from Team Red and Team Blue, is unsupported. Trump sucks. Hillary sucks. Neither will conduct genocide. Neither will launch an unprovoked war of aggression. Neither will be responsible for tens of millions of death. Therefore anyone claiming Trump = Hitler should be ignored.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 09:06:47 PM »

Hitler was unique. There are analogues to his horror from Genghiz Khan to Saddam Hussein by way of Leopold II of Belgium, Josef Stalin, and Pol pot -- but nobody else is Hitler. Nobody else will be. Donald Trump is a bigot, but he does not blame any one religion for all the evils of the world. Sure, he is a vile bigot with respect to Islam... but his solution is for Muslims to remain in or go to Muslim-majority countries. (Paradoxically, the least troublesome Muslims are in India... go figure).

Paradoxically one possible comparison to him would be Neville Chamberlain for all but promising to appease Vladimir Putin... Hitler was never an appeaser. American Presidents from  at least Ronald Reagan to Barack Obama are Prussian-style militarists in contrast to Donald Trump.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

True. We need remember that Hitler wasn't much of a killer until November 1938 (Kristallnacht) -- until then he couldn't murder at will. Foreign media didn't let him get away with much. Someone overstepping his authority was culpable for the Night of the Long Knoves, the "euthanasia" programs,  and even Kristallnacht. Hitler didn't become a genocidal monster until he invaded Poland and started butchering the potential and actual leadership classes of the Polish nation.

We live under a corrupt political and economic order. We have the economics of fascism already in place in America. The cornerstone of political life is representation of financiers, industrialists, and the bureaucratic elites who enforce economic inequality characteristic of a feudal or fascist plutocracy. We do not yet have the torture chambers and labor camps, but I would not trust President Donald Trump with Republican majorities in both Houses of Congress and a pliant US Supreme Court.

Government representing economic power instead of the People -- that is the real menace. Donald Trump, even if defeated this time, will not be the end of the menace of the demagogic Right that plays up cultural divides that distinguish 'real Americans' from 'hyphenated' Americans like...

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=don%27t+be+a+sucker+1947&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

(1947 black-and-white video, and it holds up well after nearly 70 years).

It's not about Donald Trump. There will be more suckers, and more demagogues, perhaps finding better opportunities when the economy tanks and people start casting blame instead of seeking solutions. Donald Trump will not be the last demagogue who needs be defeated. After him there will be others, perhaps more polished in their approach, with more political savvy than he.  Give a demagogue an angry populace more willing to blame minorities either in worse shape or utterly blameless than to try to pick up the pieces. and we could have some very bad times because we fell for a leader better at polarizing people than at offering solutions for us all. 

I went so far as use derisive nicknames -- I remember "Spurious George" and "Dubious Maximus" on my part. But that was only when he showed his limited competence as a leader. Dubya wasn't much of a demagogue -- just a bumbler, the sort of leader who sets the stage for a demagogue.

Thank God that we got Barack Obama instead! 
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 09:09:56 PM »

Infinitely preferable than being some hackish chicken little clucking about how a person who disagrees with me and also happens to be rude is therefore the most evil danger ever faced. 5 months ago there were hacks on here claiming that Trump was literally a fascist because the definition of fascism as defined by liberal college professor X in 2005 includes wanting a better country. *GASP!

The idea that this election is anything more than yet another Godawful choice between lying crooks from Team Red and Team Blue, is unsupported. Trump sucks. Hillary sucks. Neither will conduct genocide. Neither will launch an unprovoked war of aggression. Neither will be responsible for tens of millions of death. Therefore anyone claiming Trump = Hitler should be ignored.

I've spent most of my day taking care of someone with a serious head injury, and she is acting less dense than you are.
Misoir
Rookie
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 09:16:59 PM »

Trump isn't the one we should be worried about becoming the next Hitler. Crooked Hillary let an American ambassador be killed by a bunch of terrorists and said "who cares" when questioned about it. He was so excited when Gadafi was killed. She'd want to start a third world war with Russia over countries that can't even pay their dues for protection. She supported the Iraq War and lied to Americans about WMDs. She takes money from governments that kill gay people and gives them access to her as secretary of state. But yeah Trump's the bad guy. Trump's the danger. Crooked Hillary would destroy America in every way.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 09:20:51 PM »

Don't be silly, Trump isn't smart enough to be Hitler.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 09:25:55 PM »

Trump isn't the one we should be worried about becoming the next Hitler. Crooked Hillary let an American ambassador be killed by a bunch of terrorists and said "who cares" when questioned about it. He was so excited when Gadafi was killed. She'd want to start a third world war with Russia over countries that can't even pay their dues for protection. She supported the Iraq War and lied to Americans about WMDs. She takes money from governments that kill gay people and gives them access to her as secretary of state. But yeah Trump's the bad guy. Trump's the danger. Crooked Hillary would destroy America in every way.
You're trying too hard.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2016, 09:30:15 PM »

Let me say this: I don't think Trump is Hitler. Mussolini might be more accurate but even that I'm less sure about. Maybe George Wallace with a Ross Perot suit on.

But your reasoning for why he isn't Hitler is so obviously terrible that I'm beginning to think the comparison more apt.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2016, 09:38:25 PM »

My goodness, aren't we all pent up and melodramatic, amateur dramatics is calling you.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2016, 09:58:11 PM »

Didn't Obama already do that? I had thought that was what all of this "make America great again" business was about?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 10:03:57 PM »

True. We need remember that Hitler wasn't much of a killer until November 1938 (Kristallnacht) -- until then he couldn't murder at will.

?!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2016, 10:08:16 PM »

True. We need remember that Hitler wasn't much of a killer until November 1938 (Kristallnacht) -- until then he couldn't murder at will.

?!

Oh lord...
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies