Trump Being Compared To Hitler
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:05:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Being Compared To Hitler
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trump Being Compared To Hitler  (Read 3184 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2016, 06:14:25 PM »
« edited: August 29, 2016, 06:22:22 PM by Devout Centrist »

I'm not really a fan of Trump, but the insanity of comparing him to Hitler makes me facepalm.
They do all they can to help Trump Smiley

In Sweden media/Dems tried to use the same tactics against Trumpish party.

What did they accomplish? Well, voters didn't like when they was indirectly called/compared to racists/nazis/fascists. It solidified and energized those who already vote for Trumpish party. It pissed also off those voters, who share similar stands on immigration and Islam issues, but were undecided/didn't like image(fact that some supporters of this party were indeed racists, for instance), and drove those to Trumpish party Smiley

So Trumpish party just accepted it and was being grateful. (Bara tacka och ta emot in Swedish).
Only one problem, the Sweden Democrats have much more intelligence and tact than Trump.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2016, 06:25:19 PM »

I'm not really a fan of Trump, but the insanity of comparing him to Hitler makes me facepalm.

What did they accomplish? Well, voters didn't like when they was indirectly called/compared to racists/nazis/fascists. It solidified and energized those who already vote for Trumpish party. It pissed also off those voters, who share similar stands on immigration and Islam issues, but were undecided/didn't like image(fact that some supporters of this party were indeed racists, for instance), and drove those to Trumpish party Smiley

So Trumpish party just accepted it and was being grateful. (Bara tacka och ta emot in Swedish).
Only one prob elm, the Sweden Democrats have much more intelligence and tact than Trump.
Basically people who thought it was OK to be a little racist began to feel sorry for people who were really racist and thought the left/center-left way trying to make them feel bad about the way they feel a little? 
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2016, 06:32:31 PM »

Only one prob elm, the Sweden Democrats have much more intelligence and tact than Trump.
Basically people who thought it was OK to be a little racist began to feel sorry for people who were really racist and thought the left/center-left way trying to make them feel bad about the way they feel a little? 
Well, no, that's not what I meant. You see, they have an actual strategy and won't say things that vast majorities of Swedes perceive to be outlandish.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2016, 07:05:45 PM »

Ehm, what?

How much of Trump supporters are racists?
He is doint worse than Romney among college-educated whites, but he will probably anyway get 40%.
He probably will also win among Whites. Is a majority of Whites racist?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2016, 07:09:23 PM »

Only one problem, the Sweden Democrats have much more intelligence and tact than Trump.
Don't know. The only really REALLY dumb thing he've done was his attack against Megyn Kelly/Cruz' wife. By doing it he ruined his chances among women. If it was not this, he'd be leading, probably a lot Smiley
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2016, 07:11:28 PM »

Don't know. The only really REALLY dumb thing he've done was his attack against Megyn Kelly/Cruz' wife. By doing it he ruined his chances among women. If it was not this, he'd be leading, probably a lot
You should stick to Sweden.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2016, 07:29:05 PM »

There is a difference between believing that the comparison is persuasive to undecided voters and believing that it is valid in important ways.

I think it would be a poor choice of strategy for anyone interested in convincing someone not to vote for Trump, but I also think that you can't really understand this election very  well without recognizing meaningful parallels between Trump's charismatic, nationalistic right-populism and the politically successful and unsuccessful fascisms that emerged from dysfunctional European and American democracies in the early-to-mid twentieth century - which include Weimar Germany.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2016, 07:36:12 PM »

Don't know. The only really REALLY dumb thing he've done was his attack against Megyn Kelly/Cruz' wife. By doing it he ruined his chances among women. If it was not this, he'd be leading, probably a lot
You should stick to Sweden.
What's wrong? Trump's margin among men is [much? +12 in recent PEW] than Romney's. And what would happen, if Trump wasn't offensive towars women, but othervise had exactly the same rethoric? Would his number among men be worse? Not att all, probably slightly better. Among women? At least slightly better, probably he'd get 3-4 extra.
Am I so wrong?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2016, 07:36:44 PM »

Yes.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2016, 07:43:23 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2016, 07:45:27 PM by LittleBigPlanet »

There is a difference between believing that the comparison is persuasive to undecided voters and believing that it is valid in important ways.

I think it would be a poor choice of strategy for anyone interested in convincing someone not to vote for Trump, but I also think that you can't really understand this election very  well without recognizing meaningful parallels between Trump's charismatic, nationalistic right-populism and the politically successful and unsuccessful fascisms that emerged from dysfunctional European and American democracies in the early-to-mid twentieth century - which include Weimar Germany.
There are none parallels that matter. In my opinion.

Stalin's politics had nothing to do with charismatic, nationalistic right-populism, he was pretty "presidential", "part of establishment", "had experience" etc, but result was quite the same.

When red hacks compare Trump to Hitler, they imply that "the other stuff" comes as well. That is not true and is dumb. In my opinion.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2016, 07:44:25 PM »

Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2016, 07:57:29 PM »

Stalin's politics had nothing to do with charismatic, nationalistic right-populism, he was pretty "presidential", "part of establishment", "had experience" etc, but result was quite the same.

Huh
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2016, 11:46:14 PM »

Huh

Words literally fail me.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2016, 12:30:10 AM »

Huh

Words literally fail me.
Grin
andrew_c
Canada

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2016, 12:58:42 AM »

To say that Trump is an American version of Hitler isn't exactly appropriate, even though there are some similarities between the two. On the other hand, comparing Trump's most rabid supporters to 1930s Hitler supporters is a perfectly fair comparison.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2016, 01:28:34 AM »

To say that Trump is an American version of Hitler isn't exactly appropriate, even though there are some similarities between the two. On the other hand, comparing Trump's most rabid supporters to 1930s Hitler supporters is a perfectly fair comparison.
Fair enough! Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies