Trump tweets about the death of Dwyane Wade's cousin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:40:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump tweets about the death of Dwyane Wade's cousin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Trump tweets about the death of Dwyane Wade's cousin  (Read 4183 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2016, 02:42:08 PM »

This is undoubtedly the most craven appeal for minority votes in history.

Crooked Hillary's presidential campaign is? I agree with that.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Do not pass Go, do not collect $200
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM »

So you are saying that the Democrats that control Chicago are doing a bang-up job in fighting crime there?

He has nothing to stand on because the facts about Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, and I could go on and on speak for themselves. They're crime ridden, impoverished, and failing. People are fleeing those once beautiful American cities. And who has been running them for decades now? Democrats.

Don't you just love how they (Seriously & Misoir) cant stay on topic about the trump tweet and how distasteful it was towards the loved ones of the deceased woman.
The only way to defend it, is to somehow twist it, distort and deflect it to something else.
Disgusting.
(And it's not working here. Sorry guys.)
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2016, 02:50:22 PM »

How the hell is telling the truth about Trump make her the bad one? Please stop and try to think rationally for once in your life.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2016, 02:51:34 PM »

How the hell is telling the truth about Trump make her the bad one? Please stop and try to think rationally for once in your life.

You're asking too much of a Trump supporter, they can't exactly think rationally.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2016, 02:58:39 PM »

Ignore this retard and stop letting obvious trolls derail threads please, kthx

Yes I agree.
Image of our new "Misoir" friend ....

Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2016, 03:02:49 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2016, 03:07:48 PM by Lyin' Steve »

Trump's pitch to the AA community, basically:

"Hey blacks, your neighborhoods are pigsties, you're all dealing drugs and shooting each other, and you'll never amount to anything.  But that's what you deserve for voting for Democrats, so vote for me instead."

I think it just might work.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2016, 03:22:52 PM »

Ignore this retard and stop letting obvious trolls derail threads please, kthx

Yes I agree.
Image of our new "Misoir" friend ....

Oh no, you didn't just cross post that image/post from another thread did you? Huh
Mods pls ban.

If the shoe fits ....
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2016, 04:10:48 PM »

This one tweet, clearly sent out by Trump, is pretty callous and ridiculous. Then you see another tweet from his account, obviously from an intern because it's calm and considerate. It's like Trump says something dumb, then his staff has to send out a clarification.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2016, 04:35:07 PM »

"Hey blacks, your neighborhoods are pigsties, you're all dealing drugs and shooting each other, and you'll never amount to anything.  But that's what you deserve for voting for Democrats, so vote for me instead."

If that were only his pitch... His pitch is basically: your communities are in turmoil because of failed Democrat policies in the inner city. Democrats want your vote, but don't want to help you. I can help you fix these problems.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2016, 04:40:32 PM »

If that were only his pitch... His pitch is basically: your communities are in turmoil because of failed Democrat policies in the inner city. Democrats want your vote, but don't want to help you. I can help you fix these problems.

Tell me, why do you support Trump?
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »

I would ask before posting that you actually read the content in question. Also, I am assuming you are not a troll, so I will give a legitimate responce. Trump's tweet says the following:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There are three main points that make this a bad tweet:

1) If Trump was truly trying to say what you said, about Democratic policies being the issue and all that, than he should have said that. I follow Trump. I know for most important things that require more than three or four lines, he links to Facebook where he has a more complete summation of his points. Rather than doing that, Trump opted for the line "Just what I have been saying."

2) Trump did not show remorse in his tweet. All it would take would be a "I'm saddened by..." or something else to take the edge off of what he was saying. Donald Trump is a political candidate, not a news organization, and as such is not required to come at the topic with little to no emotion.

3) By responding to a tragedy such as a death, you actions speak for themselves. When Trump went down to Lousiana, he didn't have to say "Vote Trump 2016!" because his actions already said that. Trump didn't have to tweet "African-Americans will VOTE TRUMP!" because by tweeting about her death, he was already making his point.

To sum it up, in one sentence, Trump's tweet is bad because his ego got in the way of his message and he made it about himself rather than the victims.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »

I don't see how people can support him. It's really shocking. Everyone of them need a visit from Negan and "Lucille"
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2016, 05:53:51 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2016, 06:03:14 PM by Seriously? »

Because he's a Republican and NOT a Democrat. I am a Republican. Therefore, I do not support Democrats.

He doesn't believe in wealth redistribution to the extent a Democrat does. He believes in enforcing our border laws and building a wall that should have been built years ago.

Professionally, Trump's policies are more in line with protecting the American workers against the evil HB-1 visa program. I do not stand for the proposition that those not from here should take high-skilled jobs away from Americans. That matters to me. A lot.

Note: I am not talking about low-paying HB-2 seasonal visas, which are necessary in certain labor markets.

The bottom line is that neither the GOP-e nor the Democrats care about me or my job. They let foreign workers take jobs Americans are well suited and trained to do to cater to the special interests. As a result, I get paid less than I should because the labor market is distorted.

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to make more money instead of less money at the end of the day and I do not want to be put into a position where I am training my replacement whose sole qualification was that they are cheap labor.

That's so wrong on so many different levels. Trump will curb that unethical practice.

And -- most importantly -- Trump gets things done. I prefer pragmatists that get things done in the mold of Eisenhower. Trump is very much in that mold.

Also, I despise the Clintons. I think they are lying, unethical scumbags that I do not trust as far as I can throw them. I wouldn't vote for her for dog catcher.

They are worse than Obama could ever be. Obama, at least, is an ideologue. I respect philosophical differences. I don't like President Obama, but I respect him.

I do not respect the Clintons. Never have. Never will.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2016, 05:55:48 PM »

Because he's a Republican and NOT a Democrat. I am a Republican. Therefore, I do not support Democrats.

He doesn't believe in wealth redistribution to the extent a Democrat does. He believes in enforcing our border laws and building a wall that should have been built years ago.

Professionally, Trump's policies are more in line with protecting the American workers against the evil HB-1 visa program. I do not stand for the proposition that those not from here should take high-skilled jobs away from Americans. That matters to me. A lot.

Note: I am not talking about low-paying HB-2 seasonal visas, which are necessary in certain labor markets.

The bottom line is that neither the GOP-e nor the Democrats care about me or my job. They let foreign workers take jobs Americans are well suited and trained to do to cater to the special interests. That's so wrong on so many different levels. Trump will curb that unethical practice.

And -- most importantly -- Trump gets things done. I prefer pragmatists that get things done in the mold of Eisenhower. Trump is very much in that mold.

Also, I despise the Clintons. I think they are lying, unethical scumbags that I do not trust as far as I can throw them. I wouldn't vote for her for dog catcher.

They are worse than Obama could ever be. Obama, at least, is an ideologue. I respect philosophical differences. I don't like President Obama, but I respect him.

Tell me more about how your Georgian job is in danger because of the scary browns Mexican immigrants.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2016, 06:06:11 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2016, 06:23:01 PM by Seriously? »

The bottom line is that neither the GOP-e nor the Democrats care about me or my job. They let foreign workers take jobs Americans are well suited and trained to do to cater to the special interests. That's so wrong on so many different levels. Trump will curb that unethical practice.

Tell me more about how your Georgian job is in danger because of the scary browns Mexican immigrants.
Mexicans? No. Illegal immigrants have nothing to do with it.

I am talking about the joke that is the HB-1 visa program. You know, the program that put those Disney IT workers out of work a few months ago, where they had to sign a non-disclosure agreement and train their replacements in order to get a severance.

I think even most here on the left will agree that that was not right. Their replacements were workers on visas from overseas.

But for every illegal immigrant that works here, they are limiting the economic opportunities of legal residents and citizens. That matters to those workers in those relevant sectors when they are out of a job or getting paid less than they should.

I know it's not a direct one-to-one relationship because there is somewhat of a multiplier if a person is living and spending money here, however, this country has to stop allowing shortcuts and start looking after the American people and the American worker, something missing with the two-party duopoly that we have now in Washington.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2016, 06:16:03 PM »

I am talking about the joke that is the HB-1 visa program. You know, the program that put those Disney IT workers out of work a few months ago, where they had to sign a non-disclosure agreement and train their replacements in order to get a severance.

I think even most here on the left will agree that that was not right. Their replacements were workers on visas from overseas.

But for every illegal immigrant that works here, they are limiting the economic opportunities of legal residents and citizens. That matters to those workers in those relevant sectors when they are out of a job or getting paid less than they should.

I understand a bit from where you coming, but is this issue that important for you that you would support a candidate who has no regard for the constitution (sending American citizens to Guantanamo, branding Muslims) or has shown the temperament for the position?

I won't bring up other social issues since I know you don't really care much about those.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2016, 06:21:59 PM »

You do realize that Donald Trump has said he supports the H1-B program as it stands, don't you?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2016, 06:25:06 PM »

You do realize that Donald Trump has said he supports the H1-B program as it stands, don't you?
No he has come out for reform, unlike Ted Cruz. That was a differentiator when I cast my ballot in the primaries.

The visa he was talking about was the education visa, allowing people to work after they get a degree from an American college.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2016, 06:28:45 PM »

I understand a bit from where you coming, but is this issue that important for you that you would support a candidate who has no regard for the constitution (sending American citizens to Guantanamo, branding Muslims) or has shown the temperament for the position?

I won't bring up other social issues since I know you don't really care much about those.

I have no problem admitting that I am looking out for myself when it comes to my vote. Just like most other people.

I am also smart enough to know that he won't be able to send Americans to Guantanamo without cause. The courts will not let him.

The branding Muslims thing is overblown. That policy will have to be adjusted for pragmatic realities.

As far as temperament thing goes, you don't build a business to the breadth that he did by being an erratic loon.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2016, 06:36:08 PM »

As far as temperament thing goes, you don't build a business to the breadth that he did by being an erratic loon.

Paging Mr. Howard Hughes.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2016, 07:56:16 PM »

Trump's no recluse.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2016, 08:44:50 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2016, 08:50:17 PM by Alcon »

Trump's no recluse.

sigh

You: "I don't think you could build a business if you're erratic and crazy."

Him: "Howard Hughes was erratic and crazy."

You: "But Howard Hughes was a specific kind of erratic and crazy.  Donald Trump isn't that specific kind of erratic and crazy!"

Isn't there some distant, suppressed part of your brain that flickers on a big neon "YOU'RE RATIONALIZING" sign when you do stuff like this?
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2016, 09:06:59 PM »

The only thing Trump did stupidly here is use a Tweet where you are limited to 140 characters. He should have sent prayers to the family first and foremost and then engaged in a debate about needless inner-city violence. From the podium, not Twitter.
This kind of murder in liberal cesspools like Chicago needs to stop. Fundamentally, Trump is right. Liberalism has failed the inner cities. This kind of crime should not happen to ANY family, whether they come from a famous family like Dwyane Wade's or just some random American.
It happens all too much in the city of Chicago, which is run by Obama's former Chief of Staff.
From a policy perspective, Democrats have failed their constituency. Over and over and over again.

Thank you! At least there's one other person here who isn't a shill for crooked Hillary. They just want to attack Trump for this because they know it's damning of the policies pursued by their bigoted party in cities like Chicago. Democratic policies have directly led to the deaths of countless black people and when Trump steps up to end this they call him racist.

Everyday I understand more and more why so many Atlas-blue avatars run from the ignorance that trump supporters spew.
Absolutely embarrassing.
Disgrace.
So you are saying that the Democrats that control Chicago are doing a bang-up job in fighting crime there?

He has nothing to stand on because the facts about Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, and I could go on and on speak for themselves. They're crime ridden, impoverished, and failing. People are fleeing those once beautiful American cities. And who has been running them for decades now? Democrats.
Facts? How about this- in 1995, there were 828 murders in the city of Chicago. In 2015, there were 508. Now, I'm not saying that that isn't still far too high, or that more progress couldn't have been made, but given that the population barely changed in that time period, a near-40% decrease in murders definitely sounds like an improvement.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2016, 09:08:18 PM »

The only thing Trump did stupidly here is use a Tweet where you are limited to 140 characters. He should have sent prayers to the family first and foremost and then engaged in a debate about needless inner-city violence. From the podium, not Twitter.
This kind of murder in liberal cesspools like Chicago needs to stop. Fundamentally, Trump is right. Liberalism has failed the inner cities. This kind of crime should not happen to ANY family, whether they come from a famous family like Dwyane Wade's or just some random American.
It happens all too much in the city of Chicago, which is run by Obama's former Chief of Staff.
From a policy perspective, Democrats have failed their constituency. Over and over and over again.

Thank you! At least there's one other person here who isn't a shill for crooked Hillary. They just want to attack Trump for this because they know it's damning of the policies pursued by their bigoted party in cities like Chicago. Democratic policies have directly led to the deaths of countless black people and when Trump steps up to end this they call him racist.

Everyday I understand more and more why so many Atlas-blue avatars run from the ignorance that trump supporters spew.
Absolutely embarrassing.
Disgrace.

Facts? How about this- in 1995, there were 828 murders in the city of Chicago. In 2015, there were 508. Now, I'm not saying that that isn't still far too high, or that more progress couldn't have been made, but given that the population barely changed in that time period, a near-40% decrease in murders definitely sounds like an improvement.

Don't destroy his narrative. It's the only thing he has going to post in this thread.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2016, 07:14:58 AM »

So, Seriously? is basically just aiming to distort the free market to protect his own special interest. Turns out, shockingly, that Trumpists aren't actual conservatives.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies