Trump tweets about the death of Dwyane Wade's cousin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:53:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump tweets about the death of Dwyane Wade's cousin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump tweets about the death of Dwyane Wade's cousin  (Read 4256 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« on: August 27, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »

I would ask before posting that you actually read the content in question. Also, I am assuming you are not a troll, so I will give a legitimate responce. Trump's tweet says the following:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There are three main points that make this a bad tweet:

1) If Trump was truly trying to say what you said, about Democratic policies being the issue and all that, than he should have said that. I follow Trump. I know for most important things that require more than three or four lines, he links to Facebook where he has a more complete summation of his points. Rather than doing that, Trump opted for the line "Just what I have been saying."

2) Trump did not show remorse in his tweet. All it would take would be a "I'm saddened by..." or something else to take the edge off of what he was saying. Donald Trump is a political candidate, not a news organization, and as such is not required to come at the topic with little to no emotion.

3) By responding to a tragedy such as a death, you actions speak for themselves. When Trump went down to Lousiana, he didn't have to say "Vote Trump 2016!" because his actions already said that. Trump didn't have to tweet "African-Americans will VOTE TRUMP!" because by tweeting about her death, he was already making his point.

To sum it up, in one sentence, Trump's tweet is bad because his ego got in the way of his message and he made it about himself rather than the victims.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies