Inside Debate Prep: Clinton’s Careful Case vs. Trump’s ‘WrestleMania’
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:51:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Inside Debate Prep: Clinton’s Careful Case vs. Trump’s ‘WrestleMania’
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Inside Debate Prep: Clinton’s Careful Case vs. Trump’s ‘WrestleMania’  (Read 2456 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2016, 11:37:31 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-debate-prep-clintons-careful-case-vs-trumps-wrestlemania/2016/08/27/ce05291c-6bbb-11e6-99bf-f0cf3a6449a6_story.html?postshare=951472314308949&tid=ss_tw
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 11:44:51 AM »

Wow!  Good news!
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 12:01:32 PM »

No surprise here.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 12:15:23 PM »

If Trump thinks the debates will be like the primaries, he's in for a shock.

Any other D-VA's wanna comment?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 12:16:02 PM »

If Trump thinks the debates will be like the primaries, he's in for a shock.

A disaster in the making right here.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 12:19:05 PM »

Trump is going to try to win by doing the only thing he knows how to do: being a complete ass.
Misoir
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »

This is why the American people love Trump and don't like that crooked Hillary. She hides behind teleprompters and everything is fake and staged with her. She has no enthusiasm or ability of connecting with people. No sane person would trust someone like that. Trump talks to people. He listens to people. And that's why he's going to win the debates because people will love him.
skoods
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 12:37:59 PM »

This is why the American people love Drumpf and don't like that crooked Hillary. She hides behind teleprompters and everything is fake and staged with her. She has no enthusiasm or ability of connecting with people. No sane person would trust someone like that. Drumpf talks to people. He listens to people. And that's why he's going to win the debates because people will love him.

I hope to God you're not really this dumb.

Trump has been using TelePrompters for months now.

You want to talk about "fake and staged" with Hillary? YOUR candidate's entire platform is one big rouse. He's already waffled on his most passionate positions.

"No sane person would trust someone like that..." even though he's considered less honest and trustworthy than she is according to polls.

You're as clueless as your candidate and party.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 12:38:09 PM »

This is why the American people love Trump and don't like that crooked Hillary. She hides behind teleprompters and everything is fake and staged with her. She has no enthusiasm or ability of connecting with people. No sane person would trust someone like that. Trump talks to people. He listens to people. And that's why he's going to win the debates because people will love him.

Lol, so actually studying the issues is being fake.

Trump's favorability is like -20, outside scared old white guys...no one likes this clown.  
Misoir
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 12:55:04 PM »

This is why the American people love Drumpf and don't like that crooked Hillary. She hides behind teleprompters and everything is fake and staged with her. She has no enthusiasm or ability of connecting with people. No sane person would trust someone like that. Drumpf talks to people. He listens to people. And that's why he's going to win the debates because people will love him.

You want to talk about "fake and staged" with Hillary? YOUR candidate's entire platform is one big rouse. He's already waffled on his most passionate positions.

"No sane person would trust someone like that..." even though he's considered less honest and trustworthy than she is according to polls.

Trump doesn't have to use a teleprompter. He chooses to to make the RNC happy. And there's nothing about his platform that's a rouse. He said he's going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. Has that changed? He said he's gonna cut taxes that are killing American families and businesses. Has that  changed? He said he's gonna end all these free trade deals that crooked Hillary supported for years. Has that changed? No. No. No. You've got nothing to stand on. You're just upset because crooked Hillary has bigoted policies that are only going to further destroy our country just like Obama.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 12:59:19 PM »

I'm inclined not to believe the Trump story based on the Romney Campaign's genius spinning of Mitt's debate prep in the lead up to the first 2012 debate... but this is Donald f-in Trump so who knows.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 01:03:08 PM »

I'm inclined not to believe the Trump story based on the Romney Campaign's genius spinning of Mitt's debate prep in the lead up to the first 2012 debate... but this is Donald f-in Trump so who knows.
The stupidest explanation always holds for Trump and his campaign.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »

It won't make ya uncrooked, lyin' Hillary Grin
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 01:05:15 PM »

Trump doesn't have to use a teleprompter. He chooses to to make the RNC happy. And there's nothing about his platform that's a rouse. He said he's going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. Has that changed? He said he's gonna cut taxes that are killing American families and businesses. Has that  changed? He said he's gonna end all these free trade deals that crooked Hillary supported for years. Has that changed? No. No. No. You've got nothing to stand on. You're just upset because crooked Hillary has bigoted policies that are only going to further destroy our country just like Obama.

The only time Trump has actually sound semi-coherent is when he used a teleprompter. When he goes off-script it has backfired on him.

Also Trump is a con-artist and it is embarrassing (and hilarious) that people like you are buying his schtick.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/full-list-donald-trump-s-rapidly-changing-policy-positions-n547801
Misoir
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 01:26:45 PM »

The only time Trump has actually sound semi-coherent is when he used a teleprompter. When he goes off-script it has backfired on him.

Also Trump is a con-artist and it is embarrassing (and hilarious) that people like you are buying his schtick.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/full-list-donald-trump-s-rapidly-changing-policy-positions-n547801

When he uses a teleprompter is when his poll numbers started to decline. If you can even believe those misleading pollsters. He doesn't sound "semi-coherent" either. He just sounds like that to you because you're so used to hearing all these shiny fake politicians like crooked Hillary who rehearsed it a million times in front of some group. Trump speaks from the heart and the head without trying to neatly package them. He speaks like the average person. Sorry if you can't figure that out.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 01:41:37 PM »

When he uses a teleprompter is when his poll numbers started to decline. If you can even believe those misleading pollsters. He doesn't sound "semi-coherent" either. He just sounds like that to you because you're so used to hearing all these shiny fake politicians like crooked Hillary who rehearsed it a million times in front of some group. Trump speaks from the heart and the head without trying to neatly package them. He speaks like the average person. Sorry if you can't figure that out.

His polls numbers go down when he makes stupid comments off-script and that is a fact.

And lol at the notion Trump speaks from the heart and talks like an average person. Dude is a con artist and is basically running a scam campaign.

-Raised rent on Trump Towers after donors started footing the bill
-Hasn't spent any money on GOTV operation and instead putting money into shady marketing companies that he and his family benefit from
-Used campaign donations to buy 55, 000 copies of his own book.

Donald Trump is literally the definition of that LBJ quote from the 1960s

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You people are getting swindled and it is hilarious IMO.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 03:02:13 PM »

So, your argument is

being Informed & Prepared = being Crooked & Fake & Disconnected
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 11:26:59 PM »

math disagrees with you.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 11:30:20 PM »

I feel sorry for these people who are so disconnected from basic reality. I knowledge I'm in a minority of people who genuinely like Clinton, but the delusion of the Trumpeteers is actually kind of sad.

I'm usually a nice and even-tempered person but these people will likely end driving me to a record number of death points.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 12:14:58 AM »

Excited to see the poll shift when the KFC-eating lard-ass meets the buzzsaw.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 12:28:24 AM »

I feel sorry for these people who are so disconnected from basic reality. I knowledge I'm in a minority of people who genuinely like Clinton, but the delusion of the Trumpeteers is actually kind of sad.

I'm usually a nice and even-tempered person but these people will likely end driving me to a record number of death points.

Indeed.

It also makes me doubt the virtues of democracy in general, which I know is terrible.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 06:45:12 AM »

Trump doesn't have to use a teleprompter. He chooses to to make the RNC happy.

And it "makes the RNC happy" because Trump is a bumbling, incoherent buffoon who sinks in the polls everytime he goes off-script and who'd never complete a spoken sentence without going on 12 different tangents in the absence of a teleprompter.

But of course, Trump doesn't need to use teleprompters, cue cards or anything else. It's not like the dude's been relying on them for years due to his now-canceled, pretend-job-hiring show.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 07:09:59 AM »

Indeed.

It also makes me doubt the virtues of democracy in general, which I know is terrible.
Democracy is good as long everybody's agree with you/mainstream media? Ehm, it sounds so familiar. 2nd amendment is to make such a thoughts go away Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2016, 07:11:37 AM »

Indeed.

Democracy is good as long everybody's agree with you/mainstream media? Ehm, it sounds so familiar. 2nd amendment is to make such a thoughts go away Smiley

I know you're think you're being clever. But, no.

Oh, wait Cheesy
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 07:54:41 AM »

Indeed.

I know you're think you're being clever. But, no.

Oh, wait Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies