Inside Debate Prep: Clinton’s Careful Case vs. Trump’s ‘WrestleMania’
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:45:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Inside Debate Prep: Clinton’s Careful Case vs. Trump’s ‘WrestleMania’
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Inside Debate Prep: Clinton’s Careful Case vs. Trump’s ‘WrestleMania’  (Read 2454 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 09:25:35 AM »

Trump doesn't have to use a teleprompter. He chooses to to make the RNC happy.

And it "makes the RNC happy" because Trump is a bumbling, incoherent buffoon who sinks in the polls everytime he goes off-script and who'd never complete a spoken sentence without going on 12 different tangents in the absence of a teleprompter.

But of course, Trump doesn't need to use teleprompters, cue cards or anything else. It's not like the dude's been relying on them for years due to his now-canceled, pretend-job-hiring show.

He doesn't need that show any more. People are now paying him to play the same character pretending to run for President.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »

Is this surprising? Hillary is taking this seriously, because she understands the stakes. Trump, meanwhile, thinks this is all a game and is treating it as such.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 11:19:53 AM »

This isn't the worst prep for Trump. Expectations are SOOOOO (justifiably ) low for him, that a few well practiced zingers with that media-savvy lot will inevitably make soundbites the next day. Combine that with almost everyone already expects Trump to say something outlandis, and fewer people even care anymore , and it might be enough for the media to spin it as a "tie", or at least Trump got some good shots in too".
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2016, 11:23:14 AM »

This isn't the worst prep for Trump. Expectations are SOOOOO (justifiably ) low for him, that a few well practiced zingers with that media-savvy lot will inevitably make soundbites the next day. Combine that with almost everyone already expects Trump to say something outlandis, and fewer people even care anymore , and it might be enough for the media to spin it as a "tie", or at least Trump got some good shots in too".

that is my biggest fear.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2016, 11:39:51 AM »

that is my biggest fear.

Yup, same here. I think the best bet for Team Clinton is that he fcks up somehow. And I think odds of that are pretty good.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2016, 11:53:49 AM »

Evil
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2016, 12:04:46 PM »

that is my biggest fear.

Yup, same here. I think the best bet for Team Clinton is that he fcks up somehow. And I think odds of that are pretty good.

She needs to demand specifics and call him out on every bad answer. She needs to forbid him from pivoting and trap him with his previous words. She needs zingers that allude to the fact that he has no idea what he's talking about. She needs to goad him into saying something offensive. All of the above are important parts of her attack strategy.

For defense, she's gotta know her sh-t, prove that she's level headed, and not get prickly when Trump says outrageous lies.

Difficult balance, but if she can pull off all of the above, it's a walk.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2016, 04:53:03 PM »

that is my biggest fear.

She needs to demand specifics and call him out on every bad answer. She needs to forbid him from pivoting and trap him with his previous words. She needs zingers that allude to the fact that he has no idea what he's talking about. She needs to goad him into saying something offensive. All of the above are important parts of her attack strategy.

For defense, she's gotta know her sh-t, prove that she's level headed, and not get prickly when Trump says outrageous lies.

Difficult balance, but if she can pull off all of the above, it's a walk.

Honestly, if she can get 1 or 2 sound bite funny zingers on Trump that can make even undecideds with negative views of her chuckle, and do so without sounding (too) rehersed, that will earn her a lot of points.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies