Will the GOP allow a vote on Hillary's first Supreme Court appointee? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:56:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will the GOP allow a vote on Hillary's first Supreme Court appointee? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will the GOP allow a vote on Hillary's first Supreme Court appointee?  (Read 891 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: August 28, 2016, 02:10:50 AM »

Ultimately, I think the cut-off line is 52 Democratic Senators. I think that is what they need to go thermonuclear and abolish the filibuster for ALL nominations. At that point, Republicans would have no say in the matter and Hillary would be free to nominate whoever she wanted. I think a 51-49 Senate is more iffy on that matter. I'm not sure how that would turn out. If Hillary does win and Democrats get 50 seats at best, it'll probably be Garland one way or the other. With the filibuster intact, I do think there would be enough Republicans to invoke cloture and confirm Judge Garland even if it takes until the new Congress takes power.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies