Who will come in third place in each state?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:16:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who will come in third place in each state?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who will come in third place in each state?  (Read 519 times)
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2016, 10:00:51 AM »

Who will come in third place in each state? I am thinking that it will be Johnson in almost every state, assuming that he gets on the ballot in all 50 states, but Stein will probably come third in Vermont and possibly Oregon. It is important to note that Stein did beat Johnson in DC in 2012.

Also, will any of the major nominees come in third place anywhere? I do not think so, but if it does turn out to be the case, it could be Clinton in Utah and Trump in Vermont or DC.

Feel free to post maps.
cMac36
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 10:18:13 AM »

Sanders might come third in Vermont

McMullin third in Utah?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 10:25:19 AM »

Trump coming in 3rd in DC doesn't seem totally impossible given how unpopular he seems to be there.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 11:23:16 AM »

It is important to note that Stein did beat Johnson in DC in 2012.

True, but #NeverTrumpers are overrepresented among the few Republicans living in DC, so I'd assume that they'll boost Johnson's numbers there enough to beat Stein this time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 11:25:48 AM »

While I don't expect Johnson, Stein, or McMullin to finish in the top two in any state, what about individual counties, or individual cities/towns/villages?  Are there any where we expect either Clinton or Trump to finish outside the top two?  Or do we have to go down to the precinct level?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 11:52:48 AM »

While I don't expect Johnson, Stein, or McMullin to finish in the top two in any state, what about individual counties, or individual cities/towns/villages?  Are there any where we expect either Clinton or Trump to finish outside the top two?  Or do we have to go down to the precinct level?

Did Perot win any counties in 1996? I think not right? That'd seem like a decent benchmark since the race is likely to be roughly something like that year.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 12:01:00 PM »

It's possible that Johnson beats Trump in DC.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 12:04:13 PM »

Did Perot win any counties in 1996? I think not right? That'd seem like a decent benchmark since the race is likely to be roughly something like that year.

I don't think Perot won any counties in 1996.  He did win a few in 1992, along with finishing second in a couple of states (Maine and Utah) that year.
evergreenarbor

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -8.43

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 12:24:55 PM »

Johnson will be in third in every state except for DC and maybe RI and VT.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 12:26:05 PM »

I don't think Perot won any counties in 1996.  He did win a few in 1992, along with finishing second in a couple of states (Maine and Utah) that year.

Yeah I know he did in 1992. But then he pulled nearly 20% of the vote. Johnson looks more likely to be in high single digits like Perot of 1996.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 12:37:01 PM »

No, I don't think he won any counties, but I'm wondering more about coming in second.  Did Perot come in second in any counties in '96, and might Johnson (or another 3rd party candidate) be able to pull that off this time as well?
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 03:33:57 PM »

It's possible that Johnson beats Trump in DC.

That's what I'm thinking at this point.

I figure that Johnson will be third pretty much everywhere other than DC, Vermont, and Utah. He'll be in forth to Bernie in VT and in 4th to McMullin in Utah.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies