Jimmy Dore: Trump will lead to Dem majorities in 2018, real progressive in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:16:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jimmy Dore: Trump will lead to Dem majorities in 2018, real progressive in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jimmy Dore: Trump will lead to Dem majorities in 2018, real progressive in 2020  (Read 3786 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« on: August 30, 2016, 07:03:22 PM »

I think he's right, TBQH. It would be like 2008-present just with the parties reversed. Trump gets elected, hugely unpopular from the getgo, looney base takes over the party, Democrats score huge midterm victory, nominate a "real progressive" in 2020, he loses badly, Democrats win more seats in 2022, Democrats nominate yet another whackjob, he loses, and the establishment (myself included) says "I told you so."

Except the democrats don't have "whackjobs" who would get blown out like Huckabee.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 07:05:16 PM »

I think he's right, TBQH. It would be like 2008-present just with the parties reversed. Trump gets elected, hugely unpopular from the getgo, looney base takes over the party, Democrats score huge midterm victory, nominate a "real progressive" in 2020, he loses badly, Democrats win more seats in 2022, Democrats nominate yet another whackjob, he loses, and the establishment (myself included) says "I told you so."

You know who vote in mid-terms don't you?

2006 would have something to say about that argument.

You mean that time a democrat won in Arkansas?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:07:01 PM »

Somebody should tell this clown that nobody ever won by losing.

I'm not sure I agree with the statement(and the "real progressive" thing is stupid) but annoying wordplay based rebuttals are stupid.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies